View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 82 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3272777879808182838485868792132182 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,640 of 4493
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonjohn1 View Post
    I'm hoping that Palm makes the Pre the phone my heart desires. With everything I've got invested that would be my best hope.
    John
    But the fact is you didn't do your research and purchased a phone that apparently did not meet your needs today. I can understand you may not be happy - but you should be unhappy with yourself for doing something so boneheaded - not unhappy with palm.

It's amazing, techno gadgetry is similar to my office work environment. Let's see, I didn't check into the capabilities and now I've discovered it's not what I want so it must be your fault for selling me something I'm not happy with. Hmmm... It is America after all.
    If I wanted a toy I would have bought a GameBoy. Palm represented this phone as the latest and greatest PDA device. After 6 months of updates I don't see it. I spent a lot of money for a promised feature set that hasn't materialized.
    If it wasn't for the nice web browser, this phone would be useless.
    Last edited by dbdoinit; 11/14/2009 at 03:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    Is it just me? I've got even more lag in my contacts
    omg this ****in nascar app is ruining my life... I think I blew a funny fuse!! Im gonna have a BF.. Im ****ed!! There is no way im gonna sit here and just ignore it thats just way too hard!!!
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I welcome yours. If I wanted a toy I would have bought a GameBoy. Sprint & Palm represented this phone as the latest and greatest PDA device. After 6 months of updates I don't see it. I spent a lot of money for a promised feature set that hasn't materialized. Priorities at both companies seem to be misplaced.
    John
    I'm interested in knowing what features you were promised by the Palm rep that have not materialized.

You say that Palm's priorities are misplaced. If this forum has taught me anything, it is that the priorities of Pre owners are diverse. In deciding what features to include in any update, Palm is going to please some owners and displease others. I, for one, don't care at all about text forwarding, but it is clear from this forum that many Pre owners wanted this feature. I'm happy that they now have it -- I am not mad because Palm focused on text forwarding and not on other features I might be more interested in.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Patience is a virtue rarely practiced.
    Quote Originally Posted by djmcgee View Post
    But the fact is you didn't do your research and purchased a phone that apparently did not meet your needs today. I can understand you may not be happy - but you should be unhappy with yourself for doing something so boneheaded - not unhappy with palm.

It's amazing, techno gadgetry is similar to my office work environment. Let's see, I didn't check into the capabilities and now I've discovered it's not what I want so it must be your fault for selling me something I'm not happy with. Hmmm... It is America after all.
    Huh, did you read my earlier posts? It didn't meet my requirements seven months ago, I was hoping it would be a lot closer today. I did my research and then I talked to a Palm rep. Yeah, I knew it didn't have the capabilities I needed at the start, but he assured me they were just over the horizon. I guess as long as they keep up with the Itunes sync I should be happy. Constantly chasing the IPhone doesn't seem like a good business model to me. Afterall, we are talking about the company that started the whole PDA segment and because of that I expect a little more from them. We should be screaming " Palm, please do something big soon !" at the top of our lungs.
    John
    P.S Nice segue about fault finding Americans. Yours is one of the less juvenile posts so far.
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    hparsons, attack!
    LMAO!!!!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    ('')_('') signature to help him gain world domination
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    Patience is a virtue rarely practiced.
    Now, because you are the most patient person around please tell me and everyone else how long should someone wait to be able to use a cell phone the way it was made for?

1 year, 2 years?

I usually change phones about every year not because I did not like them but because I always like the newest devices.

The Pre is almost 6 months old 1/2 of its life for me so how much longer should I wait until I express my thoughts on trying to use a Pda phone as a PDA phone?

1.) 0-full bars in 3 seconds flat with the phone in the exact same spot... I have been waiting 6 months already

2.) Be able to download more than 40 Apps from the App catalog...
    Been waiting 6 months already.

How much longer should we wait?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelrj View Post
    Now, because you are the most patient person around please tell me and everyone else how long should someone wait to be able to use a cell phone the way it was made for?

1 year, 2 years?

I usually change phones about every year not because I did not like them but because I always like the newest devices.

The Pre is almost 6 months old 1/2 of its life for me so how much longer should I wait until I express my thoughts on trying to use a Pda phone as a PDA phone?

1.) 0-full bars in 3 seconds flat with the phone in the exact same spot... I have been waiting 6 months already

2.) Be able to download more than 40 Apps from the App catalog...
    Been waiting 6 months already.

How much longer should we wait?

Thanks
    I don't think you should wait any longer. You should probably get a different phone

I did a lot of reading before I decided upon this phone. All of its 'limitations' are not a problem for me. I can't think of anything that the phone doesn't currently do that I need it to. So whenever an update comes out I am happy to get something new. I live in an area where I have fantastic signal everywhere I go. I work at a place where I have my phone charger next to me all day. There is not one thing that I can gripe about. I guess I am lucky.
    I don't think you should wait any longer. You should probably get a different phone

I did a lot of reading before I decided upon this phone. All of its 'limitations' are not a problem for me. I can't think of anything that the phone doesn't currently do that I need it to. So whenever an update comes out I am happy to get something new. I live in an area where I have fantastic signal everywhere I go. I work at a place where I have my phone charger next to me all day. There is not one thing that I can gripe about. I guess I am lucky.
    Sounds like a plan PM me for my paypal email address so you can send me the $600 termination fees for the 3 Pre's I have.
    Not only did 1.3.1 offer up nothing significant I now have to go back to having useless icons (Nascar, NFL, Sprint TV etc.) on the Pre because Palm or Sprint thinks that I don't have the right to personalize my phone. Forget about voice recognition, better Bluetooth or visual voice mail, that would actually improve the phone. This will be my last Palm device. Even their App catalogue is filled with juvenile crap. What are you guys thinking? If this is the strategy that is supposedly going to save your company, you need to take another look at what you've accomplished. If it weren't for the home brew community this phone would have nothing to offer.
    John
    quit complaining, sell your phone and go buy something else. i just got my pre and i love it, best phone ive owned and im coming from winmo and a blackberry.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Sounds like a plan PM me for my paypal email address so you can send me the $600 termination fees for the 3 Pre's I have.
    You had 30 days to decie whether or not this phone was for you. I am sorry that you didn't have enough time to evaluate whether or not it was a good fit.
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I welcome yours. If I wanted a toy I would have bought a GameBoy. Sprint & Palm represented this phone as the latest and greatest PDA device. After 6 months of updates I don't see it. I spent a lot of money for a promised feature set that hasn't materialized. Priorities at both companies seem to be misplaced.
    John
    It WAS the latest and ONE of the greatest devices back in June. Now, it is just one of many and it is quickly falling behind, and most phones are coming fresh out of the box with far more feature than the Pre. If another manufacturer throws in true multi tasking (like I am sure they will) I doubt Palm will survive.

At BB and Sprint (here in NY) in the past month, the reports show a handful of people buying the Pre and most everyone else buying iphone, Hero, and crappy Blackbery's

I still love the Pre though
    You had 30 days to decie whether or not this phone was for you. I am sorry that you didn't have enough time to evaluate whether or not it was a good fit.
    Don't be sorry....

You said I need to get rid of it and get a different phone so PM and give me my $600 already!!!!

If not then stop saying then just return it then

I thought I would give Palm the benifit of coming out with a new OS and wait for updates to fix things that should of not been a issue in the first place.

But waiting 6 months on basic Pda functions is ridiculous.

I am not even talking about all the BS like itunes syns, facebook, text forwarding etc..

We need a Pda phone to do what Pda phones have been doing for years.
    Quote Originally Posted by acipollo View Post
    It WAS the latest and ONE of the greatest devices back in June. Now, it is just one of many and it is quickly falling behind, and most phones are coming fresh out of the box with far more feature than the Pre. If another manufacturer throws in true multi tasking (like I am sure they will) I doubt Palm will survive.

At BB and Sprint (here in NY) in the past month, the reports show a handful of people buying the Pre and most everyone else buying iphone, Hero, and crappy Blackbery's

I still love the Pre though
    the hero would be my first choice followed by the pre. but sprint screwed me over on the hero deal they offered so i went out and bought a pre on my own, i think i made the right choice.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    Don't be sorry....

You said I need to get rid of it and get a different phone so PM and give me my $600 already!!!!

I thought I would give Palm the benifit of coming out with a new OS and wait for updates to fix things that should of not been a issue in the first place.

I am not even talking about all the BS like itunes syns, facebook, text forwarding etc..

I never suggested you return it. I just said get a different one. If it is causing you that much grief I suggest you get another phone that will not causee you problems. I didn't make a mistake so I won't be giving you any money to foot the bill of your error
    Don't be sorry....

What does the phone not do now that a basic PDA does? Maybe I'm not doing it right? My phone acts like a PDA quite well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    What does the phone not do now that a basic PDA does? Maybe I'm not doing it right? My phone acts like a PDA quite well.
    Well if you could read my sig. you would know