View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 81 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3171767778798081828384858691131181 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 4493
    Pretty much. I can't detect any performance increases or useful features, just random bug fixes. Honestly, fixing an ampersand does not really count as improved email notifications - now, getting rid of notifications for things I've read in my browser? Not leaving unread things I've read in my browser? Music's still slow and the Calendar is still slow with their terrible UI lag.

I mean, I love the phone, but eh, I could have passed on this update.

ETA: Well, okay, the camera is better. That's nice.
    Last edited by malpha; 11/14/2009 at 12:35 PM.
    my calendar is now faster than a mofo!!.....no lag at all its amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by dj ozone View Post
    my calendar is now faster than a mofo!!.....no lag at all its amazing!
    LOL, that's why I was so excited for the update! But...no, not for me.
    You know my dad use to always say "There are some people that would complain if they were hung with a new rope."
    Quote Originally Posted by Vivix View Post
    How about, instead of whining about things that you should have known about BEFORE getting the darn phone, in future you actually READ the freaking patch notes to see if there is anything worthwhile for you before updating and breaking homebrew/patches?
    Maybe I should have mistrusted the Palm rep when I talked to him at the Sprint store on the day I bought the phone. He assured me the phone would be able to do certain things that I required and which my previous phone did quite nicely. Promises shouldn't have been made that Palm had no intention of keeping. Do you think the Palm update notes would have mentioned that they would break specific homebrew patches? I didn't see that anywhere on their site when I looked before updating. Do you have some inside info that the public isn't privy to?
    John
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    The Photo app is lightning fast. The ability to click embedded YouTube while a stopgap measure before Flash is available, is helpful to me when I go to sites with embedded YouTube. The forward messaging which a lot of people have been asking for is Palm listening to their user base. The camera update of going to the picture instead of thumbnails which has been something that wasn't that important but did bother me. It makes the Pre more productive for those taking pictures.

Google contacts only from My Contacts, wow! I know I'm pleased with the little things. Many people setup a second Google account just to deal with all contacts that were downloaded, including those that Google added because you got an email from them (wish they would stop that or give me the option to add instead of doing it automatically).

There are a number of good things they added. While I wish that the Pre provided video capture and a few other things to give it parity with the iPhone, I like that we can add personalization via PreWare and homebrew apps.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonjohn1 View Post
    Maybe I should have mistrusted the Palm rep when I talked to him at the Sprint store on the day I bought the phone. He assured me the phone would be able to do certain things that I required and which my previous phone did quite nicely. Promises shouldn't have been made that Palm had no intention of keeping. Do you think the Palm update notes would have mentioned that they would break specific homebrew patches? I didn't see that anywhere on their site when I looked before updating. Do you have some inside info that the public isn't privy to?
    John
    Wait...are you actually EXPECTING Palm to post in their patch notes that the update may break HOMEBREW software installed on your phone? Are you f-ing kidding me?
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    clearly you didn't download the update that the rest of us did. Doctor your Pre back to 1.2.1 and run the official update from Palm :-)

This was only an upgrade of 0.1 and wow did they pack in some fixes. Shows that Palm is taking what we say and making changes. You can't be upset by this.
    Wow you must be from another planet. Palm is listining to us LOL

Where was the app limit fixed?
    Where was the signal from zero to 5 bars in 1 second flat fixed?
    Where is video recording?

Palm listening? Now that is the funniest thing anyone could say.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    John
    Holy crap I can't believe you whine about Palm not saying that UNOFFICIAL PATCHES wouldn't work after applying an OFFICIAL UPDATE. Seriously dude, that's like whining about the warranty being voided on your T.V. because you took it apart and replaced some components with ones you liked better!
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I welcome yours. If I wanted a toy I would have bought a GameBoy.
    psst...they don't sell Gameboy's anymore, Grandpa.
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    1 star thread
    This is why I bought a Yak Back. Now I can record my voice memos and still get all the webos features. Best of both worlds!
    OP, you're free to get another phone. If you dislike the Pre so much, good luck with ur new phone. You should get what you want. No hating here it just seems like the Pre is not for you.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    Okay, this was a pretty lousy update, IMHO. My calendar was working fine before and my phone performance issues were more or less fixed with 1.2.1. Be nice to have a real working SDK, and some more new features to WebOS. I'm hoping the next update brings about at least GPU access, and the ability to game on the Pre. Only way it'll start appealing to the masses of customers, IMHO.
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    OMG these icons are ruining my life.
    I removed nascar, nfl, and music player using webos QI. i cant get rid of the sprint tv, so i guess my life is ruined too.
    Dan DeFrancisco

My Add Scrim Patches:
    Contacts
    Messaging
    Email

My themes:

http://www.prethemer.com/profile/mracer29/themes

If you like my work or I do custom work for you, I have a donate button on my themes on prethemer. Donations always accepted but, never required!!!! If nothing else the thanks button is over there
    -------------------------------------------------------------------->
    Quote Originally Posted by beret9987 View Post
    Okay, this was a pretty lousy update, IMHO. My calendar was working fine before and my phone performance issues were more or less fixed with 1.2.1. Be nice to have a real working SDK, and some more new features to WebOS. I'm hoping the next update brings about at least GPU access, and the ability to game on the Pre. Only way it'll start appealing to the masses of customers, IMHO.
    Careful, you might upset someone with a negative post. They seem to be a little sensitive about their beloved Pre. Instead of demanding the best from Palm they would rather whine about "haters". And you can forget about them making any sense when referring to previous posts.
    John
    Global Posts
    266 Global Posts
    <snip .. a lot of crying> What are you guys thinking <snip .. a lot more crying>
    Go get yourself a droid or a cryphone or a hero or what ever, if you hate it THAT DAMN MUCH...

Because, honestly most of the people here really like their Pre..
    Careful, you might upset someone with a negative post. They seem to be a little sensitive about their beloved Pre. Instead of demanding the best from Palm they would rather whine about "haters". And you can forget about them making any sense when referring to previous posts.
    John
    I dont think anybody is upset, just think maybe you started off your thread a little harsh. Some people may think the update is just fine & appreciate the work put into it. Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, it is America! However, the way you phrased the thread is automatically going to make people go on the offense.
    I for one think if you are not satisfied with the Pre then sale it & buy what it is your heart desires. Posts here on this site will not make the pre do what it is you want. Every phone has it upside & downside & if this phone does not have the upside you want, sale it. I appreciate the text forwarding, ringer tone for text messaging & it does seem snappier. However, this could be as the first couple updates in the beginning and eventually slow down. I am happy with the phone & the fact that Palm is continuing to better the phone!

Good luck to the OP! Hope you find the phone your heart desires...
    I'm hoping that Palm makes the Pre the phone my heart desires. With everything I've got invested that would be my best hope.
    John
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I welcome yours. If I wanted a toy I would have bought a GameBoy. Sprint & Palm represented this phone as the latest and greatest PDA device. After 6 months of updates I don't see it. I spent a lot of money for a promised feature set that hasn't materialized. Priorities at both companies seem to be misplaced.
    John
    I am not sure what Palm promised that did not deliver. They did not promise voice recognition. I see issues, but I don't think overall Pre is a failure, at least not yet. The only thing I see that Palm is not keeping up with their message is Facebook. But at least with an official app, they are heading the right directly. And missing Facebook along would not make Pre a failure.

Yes, you are entitled to your opinion, same for me. My opinion is that your post offer no value at all. No specifics and it was not in the spirit of trying to solve some problems. We all have problems with stuff we buy, tell me one product that is perfect?

If you want Pre to fail, your really don't belong here. Go to any iPhone, Android, BB forums and have a lot of fun. If you have genuine concerns or specific problems, let's talk about it.
    Palm V -> Treo 600 (lost) -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Pre -> Photon