View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 80 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3070757677787980818283848590130180 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    PALLLLLLMMM! Stop being Apple and going with clean, almost button less devices! It's like you grabbed a dead fish, slapped us across the face with it and told us to get stupid! I recently found my charger for the Treo 755P and had it charged up and played with it, you know what..I Miss the freaking d-Pad and the menu key. Oh and I forgot, the virtual 4 buttons are NOT like the physical hard buttons. I miss how I can keep on pressing the calendar button to change the calendar view. Speaking of Calendar..yeah, well you know. Speed..I shouldn't have to carry around my Treo 755P just cuz the Pre is slow to load. I mean in the time I can open up and work on the calendar on the Pre, I am able to open and close the calendar app on the 755P twice! I never knew how much I have grown use to the hard keys and d-Pad until I had it taken away from me. One thing that is very handy with the D-Pad is when your browsing the web, you don't have to zoom in and click on the links, just use the D-Pad to highlight the link and click. Agghh, sorry I just had this boiling inside me. It seems to me the old Palm is dead and now we have an Apple Wannabe Palm here and I'm not liking it. Granted the best thing they have for them is WebOS, I love the OS but I just don't like the way to get things done. The Treos had the best form factor for one handed use and was greatly integrated with hardware and software. Even though the Treo had a touchscreen, I rarely used it because the shortcuts with menu key and the D-Pad did practically everything for me.
    Dude! the gesture area is genius (and sexy). Once you get the hang of it, it's so much faster than buttons. i will never go back to bottons. BTW palm is NOT an iphone want to be. The Iphone is a great (net)computer, but it sucks as a phone (call me old fashioned, but i still use my phone to talk on).
    Hey guys, Ive been reading all the posts about the complaints we all have with palm and I just have to let you know: I made the jump today. I went to a sprint store and left with the Android HTC Hero.. And let me tell you, It only has been a day since i had it but boy, I've been missing out a lot.. so many useful apps that I could ACTUALLY USE on a daily basis. IMs, social networks apps, I mean u name it. I switched to sprint in July 2009 due to the pre. From July to November, I went through 6 pre's. So I hope you understand my frustration. I've been patient but now I had it. The HTC hero is more of a competitir to the Iphone than the Pre. Hell, after this nightmare, I feel like the Pre was just a joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by devilxl84 View Post
    Hey guys, Ive been reading all the posts about the complaints we all have with palm and I just have to let you know: I made the jump today. I went to a sprint store and left with the Android HTC Hero.. And let me tell you, It only has been a day since i had it but boy, I've been missing out a lot.. so many useful apps that I could ACTUALLY USE on a daily basis. IMs, social networks apps, I mean u name it. I switched to sprint in July 2009 due to the pre. From July to November, I went through 6 pre's. So I hope you understand my frustration. I've been patient but now I had it. The HTC hero is more of a competitir to the Iphone than the Pre. Hell, after this nightmare, I feel like the Pre was just a joke.
    Excellent! I'm happy to hear that you found happiness and a phone that fits your needs. I'm such a firm believer in the fact that the phone has to fit you, and not the other way around (which is why there are so many different phones out there).

Get involved in the Android community an get the most out of it.

Come back and say hi ever now then.
    Last edited by max.swell; 11/11/2009 at 01:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    My only complaint is the damn screen scratches very easily, and it can be sluggish at times especially when scrolling. But sure the pre has its problems, but what i love about it is the potential. Most people dont realize that this is a completely new device and like the original iphone has its shortcoming, but at this point Palm cannot afford to do anything but improve on what i believe to be a very promising device.

cheers,

Hardware keyboard FTW
    I agree with drjt. The sluggishness to dial or switch b/w the dialpad and call history sucks. More sluggishness appears when you access your photo gallery. I don't mind the photo rendering, but I think the time it takes for applications to launch could be significantly improved.

I haven't read all 80 pages of this, but has the lag (and dare I ask, a patch) been addressed?
    Ugh the coating on my center button is chipping off. I would've more happy if that button didn't exist. Palm had the right idea with the Pixi. :sadface
    this many complaints, and yet some of you pre defenders still manage to think the pre is perfect?

can i haz your tinted glasses please?
    I really want to love this phone, I am not a Pre basher, but I am a realist. People who are researching this phone need to know both what is great about it and what the shortcomings are. In the week I have owned it, I have barely scratched the surface of all the cool things the Pre is capable of. Itís the perfect size Ė small enough to carry unobtrusively in a pair of jeans, but with a screen that is big enough to be much more than just functional. I agree with all the reviews that highly praise the Preís capabilities and performance. But, for me, the device has to be a phone first. That is where the Pre comes up short and it is what I cannot get past. I guess the one statement I can make that describes my thoughts about the phone feature is this - it is not very intuitive. I cannot be fumbling around with a single contact list and/or trying to avoid touching the wrong icon (or trying to find the right one) while I am driving down the road. When I can focus completely on the phone, I can make it work fine, but it still shouldnít have to be that involved. So I went looking for solutions to make it functional for me. I loaded the Contacts Plus homebrew ap; only to then find out I would have to build a separate phone list rather than importing my native contact list due to restrictions imposed by Palm. I then found a page listing available patches on PreCentral.net and that was the clincher it for me. As I read through those patches and saw all the improvements that I would want on this phone, I weighed that against what I, the user, would have to do to maintain and keep evolving the phone. It then occurred to me that an awful lot of this is basic stuff Palm should already be providing to the users in return for the $150 and two year commitment we make. If Palm rushed the Pre to market ahead of the competition, fine; but the least Palm should do is sanction and endorse some of the developers and homebrews, instead of leaving the ďat your own riskĒ cloud over our heads. History for me has shown that, sooner or later, when I dabble in the programming of computers, I will do something bad that I cannot undo. Then Iím looking for (and usually paying for) a geek to correct my mistake. I think the phone has a tremendous upside, so if the phone was free Ė I would probably stick it out. But itís not, so I canít.
    Dude, paragraphs are your friend.
    Everything's Amazing and Nobody's Happy

Treo600 --> Treo650-->PPC6700-->Treo700P-->Treo755P-->Treo800W --> Touch Pro-->Palm Pre --> EVO 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by flints View Post
    I cannot be fumbling around with a single contact list and/or trying to avoid touching the wrong icon (or trying to find the right one) while I am driving down the road.
    You are absolutely correct. Your attention should be focused on operating the vehicle and not trying to play with your new phone at the same time.

I recently saw a 3 armed woman driving a car. She passed me going at least 70mph. In one hand she had her cell phone up to her ear, the other hand she was applying makeup. While I didn't see her 3rd arm, I can only assume she must have had one that was holding the steering wheel.

My guess is she won't live to see her next birthday. The sad part is, due to her carelessness, someone else probably won't either.
    Not only did 1.3.1 offer up nothing significant I now have to go back to having useless icons (Nascar, NFL, Sprint TV etc.) on the Pre because Palm or Sprint thinks that I don't have the right to personalize my phone. Forget about voice recognition, better Bluetooth or visual voice mail, that would actually improve the phone. This will be my last Palm device. Even their App catalogue is filled with juvenile crap. What are you guys thinking? If this is the strategy that is supposedly going to save your company, you need to take another look at what you've accomplished. If it weren't for the home brew community this phone would have nothing to offer.
    John
    hparsons, attack!
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    didn't read.

I wish there was an un-thank button
    I can see why palm disabled tether..
    But Nascar app disabling ability? :/

It's the game played being a homebrewer. Either stay on the past firmware (1.2) or wait for the smart people on this fourm to do their work.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxLOL View Post
    LOL me too.

I'm surprised it took this long for this thread to pop up.
    clearly you didn't download the update that the rest of us did. Doctor your Pre back to 1.2.1 and run the official update from Palm :-)

This was only an upgrade of 0.1 and wow did they pack in some fixes. Shows that Palm is taking what we say and making changes. You can't be upset by this.
    didn't read.

Everyone's entitled to their opinion and I welcome yours. If I wanted a toy I would have bought a GameBoy. Sprint & Palm represented this phone as the latest and greatest PDA device. After 6 months of updates I don't see it. I spent a lot of money for a promised feature set that hasn't materialized. Priorities at both companies seem to be misplaced.
    John
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonjohn1 View Post
    Not only did 1.3.1 offer up nothing significant I now have to go back to having useless icons (Nascar, NFL, Sprint TV etc.) on the Pre because Palm or Sprint thinks that I don't have the right to personalize my phone. Forget about voice recognition, better Bluetooth or visual voice mail, that would actually improve the phone. This will be my last Palm device. Even their App catalogue is filled with juvenile crap. What are you guys thinking? If this is the strategy that is supposedly going to save your company, you need to take another look at what you've accomplished. If it weren't for the home brew community this phone would have nothing to offer.
    John
    I second that John. Personalisation is a very important customer behaviour: People became millionaires (in sterling) by offering juvenile ring tones for people who wanted their phone to be their phone. "juvenile crap" or not, I suspect the homebrew community will soon flat-top on the apps it can make... and then go off to develop for Android, etc.

I was one of those who considered the Pre to be a potential i-phone competitor; and invested time and money doing some preliminary app development. Sadly, I have concluded that WebOS can only be thought of as cutting-edge if you compare it with Internet Explorer version 4. Javascript with JSON is no substitute for a real Object Orientated language.

Real developers need a real SDK, with real access to the graphics engine using C++. Meanwhile real consumers need a product that does not require a degree in geekiness to install enhancements.

And no Bluetooth... come on, even my £10 pay as you go mobi has that!

I will dare to add that in the UK, the O2 Network might be left wondering in 2010 exactly why they signed an exclusive deal the retail the Pre?
    Last edited by ajbpre; 11/14/2009 at 12:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    How about, instead of whining about things that you should have known about BEFORE getting the darn phone, in future you actually READ the freaking patch notes to see if there is anything worthwhile for you before updating and breaking homebrew/patches?
    didn't read.

Don't hate Palm for the Pre. If anything hate Deiter for not putting an unthank button.

(Just kidding Deiter!!!!!!!!!!!)
    "Life is Hard... it's harder if your stupid"
    - John Wayne