View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 78 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2868737475767778798081828388128178 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by lazslo11 View Post
    I've had my Pre since June 15. Every day I seem to like it more and more. You had 30 days to check it out and return it. It appears to me you just like to snivel to get attention, get a life, get a new phone. STFU.
    I don't know why you even bother to put a smiley face after STFU, maybe there should be a minimum age requirement to join here.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    I'm getting rid of this creeky azz phone as soon as I'm eligible to
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    I will jump ship when Sprint gets a really good Android phone and by that, I mean it has to be even better than the Droid and Palm would almost have to stop trying to improve the Pre for me to consider this. My bro has the Droid and it doesnt impress me enough to jump to verizon. I personally love sprint so if I were to jump, it would just be to another phone on their network. Im still pulling for palm though and I will be keeping this phone for a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by jayball View Post
    I'm getting rid of this creeky azz phone as soon as I'm eligible to
    Actually, you're eligible to get rid of the phone any time you wish.

Now, getting out of your contract, or getting a discount on another phone, that might be a different situation - however, you can get rid of the phone now...
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, you're eligible to get rid of the phone any time you wish.

Now, getting out of your contract, or getting a discount on another phone, that might be a different situation - however, you can get rid of the phone now...
    Thank you Captain Obvious.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by larnapp View Post
    I really wish I could ditch the iPod Touch. If only the Pre could do all that PIM stuff I need. Oh well, at least I have a workable solution. - I don't plan on getting rid of my Pre and I have yet to find a solution (on Sprint or Verizon, hate AT&T) that does all I need. I'm just glad Palm, Inc. (the old company, not the new one that made the Pre) taught me that it's okay to carry a separate PDA.

Honestly I hope this helps some of the dedicated Palm OS users who are trying to force their Pres to be a good PDA.
    That's an option, I could go back to a Palm TX for calendaring, I liked that device. My other option if I keep the Pre would be to use Classic for syncing PIM (and just have PIM synced both via exchange/cloud and local via outlook and palm desktop). Could the second option work or will I end up with all kinds of messed up data. Is anyone else doing that?
    I have to agree to disagree.

I knew from the beginning that the Pre was made to be computer-less and live on the cloud, like the Sidekick.

The calendar doesn't bother me at all. It's snappy enough, and to make things a bit easier, I run the Agenda app so I can see 14 days of appointments in a row.

I have different alerts for email, texts and notifications, due to the patches. Similarly, I have Yahoo IM, message forwarding and themes.

I hardly even touch my iPod anymore--I use my Pre for everything, from music to organizing. The Evernote program is great for that.

I do have a desktop program [Missing Sync], but I use it to sync media.

Aside from the IM program taking a bit too much battery life, there's not much I can complain about my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    You're quite welcome. I knew there were some of you out there that need the "obvious" explained in greater detail. Glad I could help!
    I don't understand why anybody would jump ship or whine about jumping ship when everyone had 30 days to evaluate the phone to see if it fits their needs.

Actually, I probably do understand. Consider that some people are just unhappy with their lives that they need the instant gratification of complaining or acting like a victim to make them feel better for the moment.

I have to wonder though...how many of these people "jumping ship" would've switched to Pre with WebOS 1.2.1 if it was launched "after" the Droid and Hero. I bet you'll hear comments like, "OMG, cards and gestures are the next big thing! Come on Google, get with it! The Android UI is so outdated! I want my pinch and zoom on my Droid, NOW!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by laelipoo View Post
    I have to agree to disagree.

I knew from the beginning that the Pre was made to be computer-less and live on the cloud, like the Sidekick.

The calendar doesn't bother me at all. It's snappy enough, and to make things a bit easier, I run the Agenda app so I can see 14 days of appointments in a row.

I have different alerts for email, texts and notifications, due to the patches. Similarly, I have Yahoo IM, message forwarding and themes.

I hardly even touch my iPod anymore--I use my Pre for everything, from music to organizing. The Evernote program is great for that.

I do have a desktop program [Missing Sync], but I use it to sync media.

Aside from the IM program taking a bit too much battery life, there's not much I can complain about my Pre.

+1.

I have to agree with this guy. Although I don't use missing sync (use itunes to sync mp3's & movies flawlessly), everything that I researched about the Pre prior to buying it on launch day is what I got. Sorry to hear that the Pre is not for you but hopefully you'll find a phone that fits your needs. Good luck but I'd stay away from the Hero. Either regress to your older device or just wait it out.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    So, with the Android hype, and now realizing I signed a two year contract and got excited over a phone/company when its almost blatantly obvious that Android/Apple will always be a step ahead of WebOS.

I get that the app catalog is still in "Beta", and that with the Pixi a nice update will come. So of course, Palm will continue to expand and improve on WebOS, but I cant see it surpassing either of its competitors. It seems they will always be playing "catch up".

So gimme some hope guys! Did I make a good choice going with Palm? Or should I wait untill the first Sprint phones with Android 2.0 and jump ship?

Keep in mind...im in it for apps, both fun and functional, as well as solid net browsing and social networking.
    Do whatever makes you happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    Do whatever makes you happy.
    lol. Thanks for the insight. I was more looking for positive feedback about Palms future plans that maybe I havent seen...
    Palms WebOS and the Pre/Pixi are in its infancy IMO and there will be a lot to come.

For my use I already have an iPhone 3GS and Treo 750 and find myself using the Pre much more as its easier to carry and handle. There is no way I am even thinking about getting the Droid as its even bigger than the iPhone, way to big. I saw a slide show of side by side comparison and the Droid is like a mini netbook when the keyboard is open and forget one handed operation.

Just my .02 but you can get the Droid now then in June there will be another updated iPhone, then in XX there will be another HTX or Samsung and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksand007 View Post
    lol. Thanks for the insight. I was more looking for positive feedback about Palms future plans that maybe I havent seen...
    Then go jump on the Android hype as you say... and then when the next greatest thing comes out go post on the Droid forums about how you need to be reassured you have the latest and greatest or else you are "jumping off the ledge".
    Or you could take my advice and chose whatever is out there that fits your current needs and be happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    Then go jump on the Android hype as you say... and then when the next greatest thing comes out go post on the Droid forums about how you need to be reassured you have the latest and greatest or else you are "jumping off the ledge".
    Or you could take my advice and chose whatever is out there that fits your current needs and be happy.
    You are doing the internet equivalent of sticking your thumbs in your ears and waving your fingers while sticking your tongue out at me.

Im looking for reasons to stick with Palm. Not trying to insult them.
    Keep in mind...im in it for apps, both fun and functional, as well as solid net browsing and social networking.
    If you're "in it for the apps" then there is 100,000 reasons you picked the wrong phone. There is no debating this, seriously...if apps are your number one concern sell the Pre now and head on over to the Apple Store.
    You are doing the internet equivalent of sticking your thumbs in your ears and waving your fingers while sticking your tongue out at me.

Im looking for reasons to stick with Palm. Not trying to insult them.
    No Im not doing that..You need speculative reasons to stick with a cellphone? Either it fits your needs and desires or it doesnt..
    All you are doing is asking people's opinion of what they THINK Palm might or might not do in the future, and you plan on basing your decision on that?

I stand by my advice to you.
    .. realizing I signed a two year contract..
    I got tired of 2 year contracts a long time ago. Next time buy the phone outright and get a 30 day and out contract.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's