View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 77 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2767727374757677787980818287127177 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 4493
    I have until the summer to decide what to do. First decision is sticking with sprint or not. That one is easy for me, I love what they have been doing and they are really making a comeback (to some extent, they are still bleeding just not as badly). With their phones, plans and coverage they are making AT&T and Verizon take notice. T-Mobile has had to switch their plans because of pricing and now with Any Mobile? It's great. I'm going to definitely be looking into Android phones and WebOS phones and compare. No Apple for me, Ever.
    i'm not sure i expected more. i have to mess with this phone everyday to get the features i want. i expected more apps or a least better ones. you have to admit pur apps are kinda lame right now.

The Droid is looking pretty good over there. the only thing keeping my around is my cheap per month bill. Wonder why the Driod can has cool appealing advertisements on tv and we get a lame chick talking about flow etc...
    A vertical slider Droid device on Sprint would be highly tempting...

...but so is the activating of the GPU, the forthcoming Flash integration, the rumored speed improvements, and continued influx of apps for the Pre. And then I wonder about what the next version of the Pre will be and that seems more tempting to me than any current or future offering IMO.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    I'm moving to Europe, so I had to sell my Pre. Used it since launch. And I just bought a GSM Pre..

I looked at other options. But in the end there's still no other phone that does it like webOS does. And the fact that webOS gets updated every 2 months or so helps as well..
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    As a dedicated Palm OS user since the Pilot 1000, I'm pretty much done waiting for Palm to step up and deliver in all of the important areas the OP mentioned. I'd go back to my Treo 755p but it's big, the browser stinks, and the platform is only continuing to die.

Since I owned just about every Palm PDA ever made (and a few Sony Clies along the way), I'm not opposed to carrying a separate device as a PDA. And while I don't LOVE the calendar option I'm using now, it's infinitely better than the Pre calendar. I'm on a Mac so here's my solution:

I use the Pre for:
    -phone
    -web
    -text messaging
    -camera
    -Pandora
    -weather

I carry a separate PDA (iPod Touch) for the following:
    -Memos
    BunruiMemo is AWESOME and fully capable of importing ALL my old Palm OS memos automatically. It also has a free, solid, Mac-only client that allows for nearly instant syncing via WiFi. If you're on PC I recommend SyncBook.
    -Tasks
    I always preferred an outliner over a simple task program because of the added versatility of nested sub-items. On the Palm I used Thought Manager and on the iPod Touch I use CarbonFin Outliner. It's great, full featured, well supported, and syncs for free to a web-based backup on the developer's site where you can even edit/update.
    -Contacts
    I've put them all in both my Pre and my iPod Touch using the native contacts program from Apple.
    -Calendar
    CalenGoo - Okay, so I preferred DateBk and the Palm OS calendar but in my move to the Pre, I have tried my darnedest to migrate everything to Google calendars. It's just that the Pre's calendar app STINKS!!! Well, if you want to see how to program a GREAT calendar app that interfaces with Google's calendars, check out CalenGoo! It's FAST, has a bunch of things like the views webOS is lacking, much more fluid navigation... did I mention it's fast?! It works offline and syncs with Google calendars via WiFi. It even has SEARCH!! The ONLY drawback is that it doesn't trigger alarms/alerts on the iPod, but since my Pre is still syncing with my Google calendars, I'm okay. I use my iPod for 90% of my calendar needs and the Pre, hooked to the same Google account, just does the alarms. I suppose if I was in an emergency situation I could use the Pre calendar for entering data or looking something up, but why bother?
    -Images
    I store all kinds of photos that I need to be able to show other people. The Pre is WAAAYYY too slow at displaying images. The iPod Touch is almost instant.
    -Alarms
    Much more versatile and reliable than my Pre.
    -Music
    Are you kidding? It's a freakin iPod!
    -Games
    Are you kidding? It's a freakin iPod!
    -Other assorted apps
    I'm already carrying an iPod Touch and the apps are cheaper and there's a far wider variety than what's available for the Pre.

The iPod Touch can be fully backed up to a computer, which is critical. Just ask Pre users who have lost all kinds of data, contacts, etc. by relying on the Palm cloud backup alone. Now I just backup my iPod Touch and let the Pre do whatever it wants. If it crashes and loses everything, all I've really lost is my web and text msg history. I still have all my memos, tasks, contacts, calendar appointments, etc. safely on my PDA.

I really wish I could ditch the iPod Touch. If only the Pre could do all that PIM stuff I need. Oh well, at least I have a workable solution. - I don't plan on getting rid of my Pre and I have yet to find a solution (on Sprint or Verizon, hate AT&T) that does all I need. I'm just glad Palm, Inc. (the old company, not the new one that made the Pre) taught me that it's okay to carry a separate PDA.

Honestly I hope this helps some of the dedicated Palm OS users who are trying to force their Pres to be a good PDA.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Not just complaining, but evangelistic complaining. I've never seen such a bunch of "I don't like it, who's with me?" type of folks ever.

It's mind boggling. Really. The Treo line (which I thought was great) had tons more problems than my Pre. I had to reset it just about every day, the browser was worthless, and I had spent well over $1k to get it to do what I wanted (or close to it). On top of all that, the decisions about the line eventually almost bankrupted the company.

In spite of all of that, I don't remember seeing the constant barrage of vitriol about it like I do the Pre.

Just odd.
    I 100% agree... I dnt know what happend to the users btw the Treo line to the Pre line... It really is amazing to me.

Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Although I have some issues related to OS speed (this will be fixed), I love WebOS and will probably upgrade to a newer, more powerful pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.millett View Post
    I've got no plans to jump ship. I mean, I really like the phone. Will there be better ones in the next 12 months? Probably. Better enough that I am willing to switch? Nope. Plus, I really like that I can customize and hack things, and Doctor it if I have to. To be honest, I bought the phone based on what I'd read and knew, but like it even better now. I look forward to the OS updates, to the new apps, to tweaking things... Sure, I hate waiting for updates (like everyone else) but really, it's no big deal. Things work great for me, I love my Touchstones (especially the one in the car), I've hacked Sprint Nav onto my Bell phone... What's not to love??
    I agree 100%

Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    jump from my Pre? No. jump from Sprint. Probably.
    What's wrong with Sprint? Bad in your area?

I can't fathom what anyone would have against Sprint at this point, or how they can argue another carrier was better. Unless they just lived in a really unlucky area.
    I have no reason the jump ship. I am extremely happy with the phone. It does everything I need at the moment. I love the web browser the most. It handles both my corporate job and my own business without breaking a sweat.

I am supporting Palm because I can see their vision down the road, and it looks glooooorious.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Not just complaining, but evangelistic complaining. I've never seen such a bunch of "I don't like it, who's with me?" type of folks ever.

It's mind boggling. Really. The Treo line (which I thought was great) had tons more problems than my Pre. I had to reset it just about every day, the browser was worthless,
    I agree. In the couple of months I've had my PrPrPr&#$275$;, $I$'$ve$ $had$ $to$ $restart$ $it$ $maybe$ $twice$, $and$ $I$ $have$ $never$... $EVER$... $had$ $to$ $perform$ $a$ $battery$ $pull$ $the$ $way$ $I$ $had$ $to$ $on$ $my$ $Treo$ $and$ $my$ $WinMo$ $phones$.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    I am not particularly married to any given phone or operating system. Technology is upgrading at an incredible rate in the smart phone category, so to say I will be with the Pre or webOS for some length of time for me is a bit short sided. There might be something better tomorrow.

Having said that, I upgraded one of the lines on our family plan (pealed the number off our very cheap (and incompatible with the Pre) Friends and Family plan a couple weeks ago and took Sprint's offer for a new Pre for $150 to test the Pre. I mostly loved the phone, but it failed miserably in 1 area and was disappointing in another.

First, the Pre would not work at all with texting short codes. I receive emails from a service via a short code address (these did arrive just fine) but when I replied to the text, as I must do quickly as part of the service, the Pre consistently told me the receiving number was not valid. I have done this on my Centro for a long time, I know it works. Second, on the perimeter of EVDO service where I was forced to roam, data services were shotty. Google maps did not work properly.

With those 2 issues (went through 2 phones with Best Buy and both had the same issues), I really did not try a lot else. I returned the Pre and put my plan back together.

Now, while I was disappointed with these issues, to say I enjoyed everything else is an understatement. So, rather than commit to Sprint (I am out of contract on a 5 phone plan) for 2 years I bought a Pre from a third party which should be delivered in 2 days. I will have to forever leave my Friends and Family plan but I know that moving forward at all with Sprint will likely require this no matter the phone I use in the future, so I am fine with that. Besides, we can drop our minutes on the plan with the unlimited cell to cell no matter the carrier thus we will only pay a small amount more each month.

This lets me work with the Pre and webOS without committing to Sprint long term. I am betting webOS is where the short term future is, so I will not be jumping ship any time soon, but if down the road I decide I must do so, I won't jump ship with a noose around my neck ($200 cancellation fee per phone).
    Quote Originally Posted by GenericMusings View Post
    Because, by and large, people who are happy with the product (be that phone, MMORPG, big screen television, or what-have-you) don't post on forums because they don't have a reason to. It's mainly people with problems who post looking for answers, a place to vent, or trolls looking to stir up drama.

Kind of like how you rarely see any good news on (or in) the news. No one wants to see the story about the scouts who helped a senior citizen rid their property of trash, or all the good things the Mayor has done. It doesn't sell.
    I could not have worded this absolute truth better myself! +1000000000
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    If they can add voice dialing (even if it is a paid app) and different tones for the vairous notifications, I won't switch until I break it. I like the phone quite a bit. If they can't come up with at least voice dialing, probably keep it another 3 months assuming something a lot cooler comes out on the Sprint network.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Soon as possible. I did my " research" on what the phone can do. Where I " failed" in the research dept. is in Palms build quality. I read the postings, and still bought. That ones on me. Funny, first phone I ever had with build quality issues. Ironically, I find myself interested in the Pixi. Guess I'm a glutton for punishment ( or secretly hoping Palm shapes up). Go ahead... flame away guys ( and gals)
    The only ship I am jumping to is the Palm Flag Ship...which ever phone that would be...

The Pre is great, despite the lame build quality, I am used to it now...

I LOVE WebOS...I have had the G1 and I owned an iPhone, neither compare to joy I get by sweeping my thumb across the screen and gesturing away, I call it presterbation....

The Pixi, may not be has powerful as the Pre, but the function makes this guy the submarine unit of Palm. It will be a sneaky phone that will bring a younger crowd to Palm, something they NEED. People talk about the soft KB and how great it is, yet Blackberry and Android are sticking to the hard KB for their flag ship models (the Storm2 is not a flag ship BB, merely a trend, IMHO)

The Palm Deuce (i hope they call it that) will be Pixi form, Pre guts (better Ram maybe), and hopefully about the same size has the iPhone in height and length, but maintain that slim feel we love sooooo much.

I may get the Pixi, the more I see it the more I want it, but knowing Palm, they will drop pictures of the next WebOS phone 30 days after launch, just like they did with the Pixi. So I will wait till this holiday to make any decision.
    I'll take a look at what's available when I'm eligible for a discounted upgrade... but I wouldn't call it "jumping ship". I'll get myself the best thing available for my needs, within my price range, at the time I need it. If that happens to be another WebOS device, then so be it. If it happens to be a BB, or an Android based device, then so be it.

I have no blind devotion to Palm, or to the Pre. However, I also have no blind hatred for them either. My Pre has been great so far, so I have no desire to "jump ship". haha
    I tell you what is really suprising. Over the past two years I have had the following smartphones... (not including the 2 dumbphones I had as well)

Blackberry Pearl, Blackberry World Phone, Blackberry Curve, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Blackberry Curve (again), Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre

7 times in 18 months I have had a different smartphone, which means I didn't have a single phone longer than 3 months. So it says alot that the past 5 months I haven't considered switching to any other phone. The Pre is where it's at for me.
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
    i have and always will be a HTC ******! lol mogul>touch>TP>snap>TP2 have all done more with the help of ppcgeeks just like this site is doing for the PRE. no phone will ever do everything or ever service everyone. they arent made to. but just like my mustang that i bought back in 01 wouldnt beat a GT of today... with modifications ive done it does.

i love my Pre im on it all day long. it does everything ineed but video and lacks a great RSS reader currently IMO. however as others here have said if a newer more powerful Palm device is released next yr i will probably switch as i like to have the latest and greatest. and WebOS is Gorgeous!!! Apple Can Suck It lol...sorry
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    I tell you what is really suprising. Over the past two years I have had the following smartphones... (not including the 2 dumbphones I had as well)

Blackberry Pearl, Blackberry World Phone, Blackberry Curve, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro, Blackberry Curve (again), Palm Treo Pro, Palm Pre

7 times in 18 months I have had a different smartphone, which means I didn't have a single phone longer than 3 months. So it says alot that the past 5 months I haven't considered switching to any other phone. The Pre is where it's at for me.
    same here i liked my other phones but always wanted more in the end. the Pre has not left me hanging....YET lol
    I've had my Pre since June 15. Every day I seem to like it more and more. You had 30 days to check it out and return it. It appears to me you just like to snivel to get attention, get a life, get a new phone. STFU.