View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 73 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2363686970717273747576777883123173 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 4493
    I'm about to be taking a trip down to sprint cause my power button decided to stop working wonder what run around I'm gonna get for this. Sprint should just replace the phone with a new one especially when the phone isn't over 6 months old
    I've been on Palm since 9th of March 1998. I know it this good because on my 1st Palm device - IBM WorkPad - I started the memo item to track down battery use on 1st day of the device in my hands. And - as I have not deleted this memo - it has synced through all my Palm devices up to this day, and I have changed 7 of them so far.
    My current one is Trēo 650 as I regrettably realized: there is nothing better on the market, that could force me to switch away - playing around with iPhone and Nokia E71 could not par the _business_ usability of my Trēo 650, and Trēo 680 and Centro, which are available in GSM, did not offer sufficient growth to consider those.

Now I actually fear the day when I'm going to receive my PrPrPr&#$275$; $coming$ $in$ $from$ $Germany$ $next$ $week$:
    1. it does not have _real_ desk-top sync, _AND_
    2. it does not sync with my Kubuntu PIM, even if I would choose to get any of available third-party desktop-sync SWs.

Which makes me philosophic on following: (a) can the Linux (and by Linux here-by I mean open source, free of charge platforms) actually make it into business world? and (b) will Palm have the depth of pockets to survive this time, esp., when it has taken huge risks on sacrificing lots of those features business users are so used to on previous Palm devices?

To make it short: gimme desk-top sync via USB, BT, WiFi and over Inet to my akonadi PIM files! And do it soon!

(of course - I want to have capability to back it all up somewhere in "cloud", if I desire so, but it _must not_ be mandatory Google stuff - beware, people! Google has already become Microsoft #2... )
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    good. I don't have to start a thread.

got my pre yesterday after half a yeat of coveting. I miss my 800w already.

give me skyfire anyday. I need mobile excel because I love spreadsheets. I miss syncing with outlook. Flash video? Could my slider be more loose?

I do love the keyboard and camera though.

the rf on this thing is horrible. Very poor reception. Sometimes I roam in my bedroom.
    I have been looking through help guides but may have skipped over the related subject, but I thought we were able to e-mail and SMS within the same conversation window? It may be that I imagined this was going to be a feature while I hyped myself up pre release. I have tried a number of things but can not accomplish this without copy/paste into a new card.

Also, why does my phone not open internet pdf files? It tries to open them but says there is no app for that file... yes there is, PDF view.

Anyone have any ideas?
    Last edited by UraniumSnake; 11/04/2009 at 06:20 AM. Reason: remembered another question
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Let me list the reasons i hate my pre:
    -In my house i absolutely cant get reception. I drop calls constantly. I
    drop calls every couple minutes of talk.
    -I have to reset my phone constantly to get the gps to work.
    -When the gps works it doesnt work well. It tells me to exit where there is
    not an exit and even tells me to go one way, then tells me i went the wrong
    way and redirects me.
    -My phone locks up every few days.
    -There arent any usefull apps. Too many games.
    -The battery wont even last half a day when im on it constantly.
    -The keyboard is to small to comfortably txt, which i do alot.
    -The internet is spotchy and slow when im not connected to my wifi
    -The phone is to slow to do anything quickly on it.

This is my first experience with sprint and the palm pre. Had it for about 3 months now and wished id never signed a contract.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Well thanks for the useless info.....and you posted this why???
    Quote Originally Posted by frankysfree View Post
    This is my first experience with sprint and the palm pre. Had it for about 3 months now and wished id never signed a contract.
    It took you 3 months to detect all those problems? Did it work perfectly the first 30 days and then all of a sudden things went downhill?
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    With 3 post you sound more like a troll...!
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    That should of all been figured out in the first week. Could of returned it and walked away.
    -The battery wont even last half a day when im on it constantly.
    That describes 95% of all smartphones on the market. Pick your poison.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    gee you guys are so helpful... I kept it because i am under a 2 f**king year contract. And i wanted to believe that they would fix some of the things with the new update. And i dont know what i want to accomplish with this post except im mad i spent any money on this useless piece of crap. If i had to do it over again you couldnt GIVE me this phone or this network.

Here is a question that isnt useless. Can i upgrade(downgrade) to a different phone?
    gee you guys are so helpful
    I didn't see you asking for help.

I kept it because i am under a 2 f**king year contract.
    You had 30 days to change your mind.

Here is a question that isnt useless. Can i upgrade(downgrade) to a different phone?
    Yes, but I doubt they will give you a free one. You can buy any phone that works on Sprint's network and use it. You can change phones yourself on the Sprint site. Some people have multiple phones, use one during the week and change phones for the weekend, it takes a few minutes to do.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Yes, but I doubt they will give you a free one. You can buy any phone that works on Sprint's network and use it.
    So i would have to buy a phone for full price? What if my phone "breaks". I pay for the insurance so can i pay the deductable and get a different phone in its place?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I dont know what a troll is but i dont post alot. Dont have a reason to. I looked alot and found out what i needed to through the search
    So i would have to buy a phone for full price?
    Unless you buy one off ebay or from someone that is selling one.

What if my phone "breaks". I pay for the insurance so can i pay the deductable and get a different phone in its place?
    Sounds like insurance fraud...I don't answer those types of questions.

Edit: If you don't like your Pre, try selling it. You may get enough to help offset the cost of a phone that you like. This site has a marketplace forum where you can try selling your Pre and maybe find a phone that you like.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Trekker View Post
    Unless you buy one off ebay or from someone that is selling one.

Sounds like insurance fraud...I don't answer those types of questions.

Edit: If you don't like your Pre, try selling it. You may get enough to help offset the cost of a phone that you like.
    I am not talking about insurance fraud. But the pre is by no means bulletproof and if it were to break i want to know if i am held to paying my deductable and only receiving another pre or can i go with a phone that probly has a lower retail cost anyway. Im gonna go talk to sprint tommorow and see what my options for switching phones out and maybe sell my phone on ebay.
    I am not talking about insurance fraud. But the pre is by no means bulletproof and if it were to break i want to know if i am held to paying my deductable and only receiving another pre or can i go with a phone that probly has a lower retail cost anyway. Im gonna go talk to sprint tommorow and see what my options for switching phones out and maybe sell my phone on ebay.
    They will replace a broken Pre with a Pre. And yes, what you're talking about is insurance fraud whether you want to spell it out or not. Don't pretend otherwise.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    They will replace a broken Pre with a Pre. And yes, what you're talking about is insurance fraud whether you want to spell it out or not. Don't pretend otherwise.

/Kevin
    Well if you think im trying to commit insurance fraud then why dont you report me!! either report me or shut up about the subject.

Im not some sleezebag trying to report my phone stolen so i can sell the replacement...
    Well if you think im trying to commit insurance fraud then why dont you report me!! either report me or shut up about the subject.

Im not some sleezebag trying to report my phone stolen so i can sell the replacement...
    Breaking your phone so you can pay the deductible and get a new phone is insurance fraud. Are you saying it's not? Seriously? This is the reason the deductible has gone from $50 to $100 on smart phones. Thanks.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Breaking your phone so you can pay the deductible and get a new phone is insurance fraud. Are you saying it's not? Seriously? This is the reason the deductible has gone from $50 to $100 on smart phones. Thanks.

/Kevin
    I never said i was trying to break my phone on purpose to get a new phone. And the deductable has gone up for the same reason that you are limited on how many claims you can file, because ppl file claims to sell the replacement.