View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 70 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2060656667686970717273747580120170 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 4493
  1. #1381  
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    Lets face it,if it wasnt for homebrew and preware,theres alot people that would not be here right now.Thats the truth!
    Damn skippy.
  2. #1382  
    some apps provide to the function of the phone but the other 95% or so are just developers who saw an opprotunity to take advantage of a boring phone and peoples need to want to do something with it.
    geez, look at some of the apps people have paid for would people really have bought some of these apps if we had 2,000 and not 200 apps to choose from?????
  3. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #1383  
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    briggsie - All Palm has to do is turn a profit and keep innovating. If they can do that, they are set.

    I liken it unto Apple in the late 90's and early 2000's. Stay profitable and carve out whatever niche you can, and make sure those who jump on board are devoted.
    Exactly!!!
  4. #1384  
    It's all about the apps baby! Right now Iphone apps are indisputably superior to all others. WebOS apps are few and far between. Android apps outnumber WebOS apps, but right now Android Apps leave much to be desired (no Slingplayer, no Kinoma, no professional apps (medical, legal, etc.) In that sense Android and WebOS are almost on par with each other. But then this week along came Android 2.0 (Eclair) with a new SDK. And a SPECTACULAR new app (Google Navigation) that's FREE and only runs on Eclair. (And by the way Google Navigator isn't just shaking up the mobile phone world, it's got Garmin and TomTom shaking in their boots because its free!)

    Furthermore, Android's SDK allows direct access to the hardware while WebOS doesn't. And simulataneously with releasing 2.0 Google promises ANOTHER update before the end of the year! Meanwhile nobody knows when the next MojoSDK update may be coming along.

    Now which SDK do you think is going to attract the greater number of sophisticated developers, WebOS or Android? Six months from today which platform do you think is going to have the best apps? If you think its WebOS you're living in denial.
  5. #1385  
    Quote Originally Posted by JD78 View Post
    The point I keep trying to put across is that the "majority" of Pre users don't even know these things exist. Members of forums like these, or the homebrew community really make up a small % of actual Pre owners.
    im sure the "majority" of the palm pre users love their phone with NO message forwarding.i had that on my phone back in 99.
  6. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #1386  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    the recent poll on the precentral home page says it all

    I have been following these forums ever since the pre release, and have noticed at a steady pace the rise in complaints from people about the phones lack of evolvment.

    despite the few pre fanatics on here like hparsons and wynard, a large percentage of the pre community has given up on palm !

    according to the poll 67% of the members on this site feel that palm missed their opprotunity by only staying on the sprint network for so long, which directly translates to palm missing their opprotunity in general which will most likely result in a lack of revenue that is absolutely necessary for palm to be able to afford to pay employees to evolve web os. since palms lack of finances is the top excuse for the pre coming along so slowly loss of future revenue is clearly going to cripple palms efforts in getting web os up to speed with its competitors who have unlimited resources to be used to advance their platforms. I would say unless palm hits the mega millions that both palm and web os will die off in time.
    People who visit this forum are but a very thin slice of pre owners. Most who post here are smartphone enthusiast who typically are the most passionate and critical. (anal)

    Any "noise" that you're reading is just that.... "noise". Palm is executing as planned.
    Last edited by stockh; 10/28/2009 at 05:32 PM.
  7. #1387  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I have to flip the phone around while in landscape to see why a page is taking so long to load, because landscape is so limited; I cannot see what kind of signal I have, can't get to any menu in it, nor type in it..... And it goes on and on and on with this over-rated "smartphone" .... (Not to mention, it's slow as you know what).......
    --- These are not complaints. This is the truth.
    When it comes to WebOs, while it does look beautiful, when all is said and done- more is actually SAID, than done.
    Or maybe you can press one of the volume buttons to pull up everything you ask for in landscape? Your "truth" sounds more like a baseless complaint from someone more interested in complaining than getting something done. Smart, huh?
  8. #1388  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    hparsons
    thanks for the link I do see one crucial flaw in the poll as to how many people are happy with their pre Is that clearly at the bottom of the page it states that 52 voters participated, where as the poll I was speaking of 1,100 people participated.

    from some one who analyzes statistics for a living I know that a study of anything less than 100 participants is extremely flawed!!!!!
    ...
    There's no doubt the polls are flawed. Personally, I think the poll you mentioned is also flawed in and of itself, because it's not a random sample of Pre owners, it's on a Pre forum.

    However, the reall flaw isn't the poll, it's your interpretation. Here's what you said:
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    the recent poll on the precentral home page says it all

    I have been following these forums ever since the pre release, and have noticed at a steady pace the rise in complaints from people about the phones lack of evolvment.

    despite the few pre fanatics on here like hparsons and wynard, a large percentage of the pre community has given up on palm !
    As one who "analyzes statistics for a living", how did you reach the conclusion that "a large percentage of the Pre community have given up on palm" from a poll that asked the question "Did Palm Wait Too Long to Get Off Sprint?"

    It's also noteworthy that such a poll is extremely meaningless without acommpanying information. For instance:
    • Did Palm approach the other carriers and get turned down? If the answer is "yes", then that would pretty much invalidate the Yes! They should have released on multiple carriers day one response.
    • Is Palms currently tied to an agreement that they had to do to get Sprint to carry it? If so, that would invalidate the Yes, the exclusivity should have been shorter response.

    My personal opinion is that the answer to both of those are generally "yes", which led me to vote that they are proceeding methodically.

    However, my bigger disagreement with you is over the general disappointment with the Pre, which you yourself said you've assertained from reading the forums here, when in fact, every poll on this forum (so far) shows just the opposite - that most Pre owners are happy with the Pre.
  9. JD78#WN's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #1389  
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    im sure the "majority" of the palm pre users love their phone with NO message forwarding.i had that on my phone back in 99.
    I agree that its a feature that the phone should have. However, i can't speak to how much its actually being missed. I know, that I've never had a reason to forward a text. So, to me, and possible to many other as well, this is a small omission compared to the couple years the iPhone was without MMS.
  10. #1390  
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    Lets face it,if it wasnt for homebrew and preware,theres alot people that would not be here right now.Thats the truth!
    And the point is? Keep in mind that before the Pre, there was no App Catalog for the Palm devices, and even though there were more robust SDKs, many of the distributed apps took shortcuts outside the SDK, or were even developed with third party development tools. In the earliest days, there were many apps that were given away free.
  11. #1391  
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    LOL
    if it wasn't for palms openess you wouldn't be here either !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  12. #1392  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Have you seen the "quality" of the apps? Do they provide real function to this phone?
    Yes. Some do. Many don't, but that can be said for many devices, including the previous Palm devices.
  13. #1393  
    Quote Originally Posted by oddlou View Post
    Or maybe you can press one of the volume buttons to pull up everything you ask for in landscape? Your "truth" sounds more like a baseless complaint from someone more interested in complaining than getting something done. Smart, huh?
    Heh. That's embarrassing.
    I didn't even know about that. Thanx Lou- But, of course, everything else still stands.
  14. #1394  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Heh. That's embarrassing.
    I didn't even know about that. Thanx Lou- But, of course, everything else still stands.
    Ahhh, so you got some help with using your device by complaining about what it wont' do. Imagine what would happen if you actually asked folks for help instead.

    Just sayin'...
  15. #1395  
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladshooter View Post
    i love my Pre.... and Sprint. Nothing will move me until someone matches the great rates I get with Sprint and offers a superior phone.

    Hopefully WebOs continues to develop and the Pre II becomes my next phone.
    Tell you what. The only reason I don't already have an iPhone is because they're only offered thru AT&T. I've heard you can unlock them to different carriers and whatnot but then your support isn't that great. Too much hassle for me. Not to mention that I've BANNED AT&T due to them royally screwing me over back in the day both on service and billing.

    Sprint has been good to me ever since.

    I'd already have the Pre if I didn't have to wait for my discount in December. I learned about the Pre from a guy at work who had no clue you could tweak the phone and add apps. Even still, he was still very happy with it. I've spent time in Sprint "playing" with the phone (I know, I'm a dork) and have talked to people who own it. The few that I've talked to including a guy who was returning his Pre lemon for a new one all loved the phone. None of those people had messed with any tweaks or apps either.

    My point being that even without the tweaks, patches, and apps these people still very much liked their Pre phones. Add in some extras and it seems to me you have a pretty damn nice phone with a lot of potential.

    However, I'll admit that reading some of these negative comments that people are posting makes concerned about my future purchase.
  16. #1396  
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    if it wasn't for palms openess you wouldn't be here either !
    palm is lucky they are still here.lets see how much longer!
  17. #1397  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Ahhh, so you got some help with using your device by complaining about what it wont' do. Imagine what would happen if you actually asked folks for help instead.

    Just sayin'...
    I actually have asked a few times, Mr. Parsons, about other things. We're both regulars here, so you should have known that. Usually you're on top of things.
  18. #1398  
    For starters my post was just my personal opinion from what I have seen!

    clearly nobody is paying me to come up with an accurate analysis of this and more importantly I do not care to invest my time into the subject.

    I was simply just stating with no supportive evidence what I have noticed over the months, early on there tended to be a lot of buzz and excitement and lately I see a lot off c'mon palms, and even more importantly a steady flow of threads about the "Hero".

    as far as the poll goes I agree it does not specifically state that people are unhappy with their phones but leads me to believe (once again its just my opinion, lol... its sad that I have to keep typing this) that palms reach to other carriers and a larger piece of the market is likely to cripple palms advancement. Larger markeet hare equals more funds for palm and more reason for developers to develop apps for web os.

    I admit I know absolutely nothing about the stock market but when I read that palms stock has dropped drastically in the last two months also leads me to believe (again just my opinion) that if palm does not do something big very quickly they could very likely be left in the dust.
  19. JD78#WN's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    #1399  
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    palm is lucky they are still here.lets see how much longer!
    Luck has nothing to do with it. Palm phones are generally well received in the business arena. They only started having competition issues when RIM hit the scene. Regardless, they are still pretty popular and even the phones prior to the Pre still sell well.
  20. #1400  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    For starters my post was just my personal opinion from what I have seen!

    clearly nobody is paying me to come up with an accurate analysis of this and more importantly I do not care to invest my time into the subject.

    I was simply just stating with no supportive evidence what I have noticed over the months, early on there tended to be a lot of buzz and excitement and lately I see a lot off c'mon palms, and even more importantly a steady flow of threads about the "Hero".

    as far as the poll goes I agree it does not specifically state that people are unhappy with their phones but leads me to believe (once again its just my opinion, lol... its sad that I have to keep typing this) that palms reach to other carriers and a larger piece of the market is likely to cripple palms advancement. Larger markeet hare equals more funds for palm and more reason for developers to develop apps for web os.

    I admit I know absolutely nothing about the stock market but when I read that palms stock has dropped drastically in the last two months also leads me to believe (again just my opinion) that if palm does not do something big very quickly they could very likely be left in the dust.
    you say you dont know much....you hit the head right on the nail my friend.BULLSEYE!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions