View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 69 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1959646566676869707172737479119169 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,380 of 4493
    jd
    I agree that forums are a great place to complain about products but go to the iphone forums or the blackberry forums etc. and you will see far less complaining.

Lets also keep in mind that at least half of the people on these forums are techies who are on here posting valid complaints.
    when this phone hits verizon its gonna sound like a pin hitting the ground. the droid is going to make it a bad choice. Palm would have to come out of the gate at around $100.00 to even get VZ customers to jump on it. VZ is killing it right now. Even the Eris is $99.00. This is going to make some tough competition. I hope palm has more quality apps by then and maybe even a revision of the pre by then. This phone should have been open to all carriers from the start. I know we would have had double and maybe triple the apps we have now.
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post
    jd
    I agree that forums are a great place to complain about products but go to the iphone forums or the blackberry forums etc. and you will see far less complaining.

Lets also keep in mind that at least half of the people on these forums are techies who are on here posting valid complaints.

and 93% of all statistics are made up outta thin air.
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian893 View Post
    i'm hoping your days of crap posting are numbered.
    dont sweat me!
    Palm is hurting ITSELF, more than anyone else is. This is because they're being stubborn with allowing deeper dev access for SERIOUS apps and sssllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwww with updates that will please the masses. All those updates, and i still have to miss alerts because Palm does not care to implement notification nags. I have to flip the phone around while in landscape to see why a page is taking so long to load, because landscape is so limited; I cannot see what kind of signal I have, can't get to any menu in it, nor type in it..... And it goes on and on and on with this over-rated "smartphone" .... (Not to mention, it's slow as you know what).......
    --- These are not complaints. This is the truth.
    When it comes to WebOs, while it does look beautiful, when all is said and done- more is actually SAID, than done.
    hparsons
    please if you have any polls dated after september please post these links!!!!!!
    Here's a couple from right here:

(I'm not having much luck posting PreCentral links on PreCentral these days, so I've included a recap of the results):

http://forums.precentral.net/gsm-pre/poll-1832-a.html
    79.84 either happy, or very happy 1.92% (1 user) not happy

http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ow-thread.html
    93.52% me happy, 6.48% me mad
    clearly what seems to be a large majority of the threads in this forum tend to be about rooting, patches, cpu, processors, accelometers, etc.

considering that your average construction worker or your delivery men etc. are not informed on these subject I think it is safe to assume that at least half of the members on the forum have some type of a computer technology background, and would go as far as to say that they probably make up half of the members on this forum.

***All statements in this post are not based on any studies and should not be perceived to be 100% accurate****
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    i agree if they can make money.i dont see that happening though.
    They seem to think they've turned things around. The market seems to agree. Guess we'll see; however, there's little doubt that had they not made the changes they made, they would have gone under.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    jd

I never said the complaints weren't valid, I just said you are more likely to see them in an environment such as this. I also stated that forums like these are generally made up of tech enthusiasts, which is why you should keep in mind that things you see in this forum don't necessarily speak to the Pre community as a whole.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    palm is hurting itself, more than anyone else is. This is because they're being stubborn with allowing deeper dev access for serious apps and sssllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwww with updates that will please the masses. All those updates, and i still have to miss alerts because palm does not care to implement notification nags. I have to flip the phone around while in landscape to see why a page is taking so long to load, because landscape is so limited; i cannot see what kind of signal i have, can't get to any menu in it, nor type in it..... And it goes on and on and on with this over-rated "smartphone" .... (not to mention, it's slow as you know what).......
    --- these are not complaints. This is the truth.
    When it comes to webos, while it does look beautiful, when all is said and done- more is actually said, than done.
    thats right!
    hparsons
    thanks for the link I do see one crucial flaw in the poll as to how many people are happy with their pre Is that clearly at the bottom of the page it states that 52 voters participated, where as the poll I was speaking of 1,100 people participated.

from some one who analyzes statistics for a living I know that a study of anything less than 100 participants is extremely flawed!!!!!

let me give you an example as to why:

a simple coin toss is 50/50
    if you flip a coin 50 times it is very likely that you flip heads 32 out of 50 times 64%

now if you flip a quarter 1,000 times I guarantee you that you will flip heads no more than 53% of the time!!!

with that knowledge it is clear to see just how flawed a study of only 50 participants can be!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Palm is hurting ITSELF, more than anyone else is. This is because they're being stubborn with allowing deeper dev access for SERIOUS apps and sssllllllllooooooooooooooowwwwwwww with updates that will please the masses.
    Okay, now, seriously: do you actually believe that Palm is being _stubborn_ in failing to allow deeper development access?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Lets face it,if it wasnt for homebrew and preware,theres alot people that would not be here right now.Thats the truth!
    i love my Pre.... and Sprint. Nothing will move me until someone matches the great rates I get with Sprint and offers a superior phone.

Hopefully WebOs continues to develop and the Pre II becomes my next phone.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Good thing this is over the net and not in person!!! Great debate though
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    LOL
    Lets face it,if it wasnt for homebrew and preware,theres alot people that would not be here right now.Thats the truth!
    You do realize that Palm's openness and access to API's is the reason for Homebrew? Palm has the right idea. I am certainly glad that Palm put out the Pre even though you didn't think it would work.

Also, if Palm were going to stop at the Pre and merely update the OS, you would have a point. However, that is not the case. Droid came after the Pre, so logically it will add to the features on the Pre so as to set itself apart from other handsets.

Palm will come out with the Pre 2 which will incorporate what worked with the Pre 1 and then add to it. It's the nature of the handset market.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    The point I keep trying to put across is that the "majority" of Pre users don't even know these things exist. Members of forums like these, or the homebrew community really make up a small % of actual Pre owners.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Okay, now, seriously: do you actually believe that Palm is being _stubborn_ in failing to allow deeper development access?
    Have you seen the "quality" of the apps? Do they provide real function to this phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    Yeah, if we were in a bar, it would be a bar-room brawl (but in a friendly "beer muscle" way)