View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 68 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1858636465666768697071727378118168 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 4493
    Global Posts
    153 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by p4trickh View Post
    Well it has been very informative and a lot of fun here at PreCentral (constantly refreshing the main page for new stories, stalking the forums for every new homebrew app/hack/patch/etc) however due to a lot of stacked up reasons I have recently sold my Palm Pre via eBay. I did this for several different reasons. While I do think this phone has a ton of potential it also has too many areas where it is lacking. The card system is quite awesome and a great step in the right direction, however I find myself extremely frustrated by the lag, whether I'm scrolling through albums in the music player, browsing through my contacts or checking out my photos. I've also been frustrated with the lack of an SD card slot or lack of a larger internal card. I'm used to an iPod with over 60 Gigs worth of music and having to pick and choose each album, discarding good tracks to make room for the must haves, is leaving me feeling the blues. Last and mostly I find the App Catalog has been a bit of a disappointment even though I repeatedly set expectations by telling myself this was a brand new platform that will need some time. I'm tired of my iPhone/Android friends showing me these amazing apps that do so much and all I can show off is a laggy air hockey game that doesn't even have any sound.

That said I still believe this phone has a lot of potential and as I'm getting a Sprint HTC Hero this Friday I plan to stay with Sprint for quite some time and keep a watchful eye on the Pre, waiting for it to slip into a status where it is ready to take on any phone out there. Until then, have fun guys/gals, I know I sure have.
    I plan to go your route pretty soon too mostly because of what you just said.

How much can a used Pre go for on Ebay?
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mpre View Post
    I plan to go your route pretty soon too mostly because of what you just said.

How much can a used Pre go for on Ebay?
    Well I sold my Pre with a few accessories:
    Touchstone charging kit
    Palm Pre leather case
    Seido 2600mAh extended battery
    2nd travel charger

And I got 350 for it which wasn't near as much as I spent but enough to pay more than half the cost of the unsubsidized price of the HTC Hero. I really wish I could've just exchanged the Pre, but I've had mine since July and I guess it isn't too bad seeing as how I got a few months use out of it and I got pretty good deals on the accessories and never paid full price for any of it.
    My google calendar is screwed up because of daylight saving time. After Sunday everything between my PC and Pre are an hour out. I noticed some posts from 2007 and other palm products had the same problem. Can't believe someone hasn't caught this problem and fixed it. Any ideas what I should do?
    Quote Originally Posted by craigashton View Post
    My google calendar is screwed up because of daylight saving time. After Sunday everything between my PC and Pre are an hour out. I noticed some posts from 2007 and other palm products had the same problem. Can't believe someone hasn't caught this problem and fixed it. Any ideas what I should do?
    Is your PC patched? I don't think the problem is with the Pre. The return from daylight savings time hasn't hit yet, it's this coming Sunday. That was changed a couple years back, and that's what caused the ensuing problems you've read about. The Pre was created well after that change, so I suspect the problem is actually with your PC. FWIW, I haven't seen the problem on my Pre, or my PC.
    Are you sure it's the Pre? It's probably your local computer not having the proper time zone information. Daylight Saving Time hasn't even started yet -- it's not until this weekend, at least in the US. (I know Europe has already begun, I believe.) The US DST changed a year or two ago. It starts earlier and ends later now. Instead of April to October, it's late March to early November.

/Kevin
    This is what we will all be saying in about 6 months.I think palms days are numbered.They had a shot with this phone and just couldnt close the deal.
    I think Palm is doing a pretty good job, I've tried the Pre a few times (after owning a dozen Palms since the first Pilot 500). It was pretty good, but did feel a bit flimsy, especially compared to my Centro.

The big question is do they have the resources to keep up. Apple is about 20 times bigger than them (which includes Mac stuff, but still much bigger just for iPhone). It looks like there are about a dozen, or more, Android devices (including non-phones like PMPs) coming out in the next couple of months. They have the combined development resources of at least HTC, Motorola, Google, and carriers VZ, T-Mobile, and Sprint. The Droid (or Sholes, apparently) looks amazing.

Can Palm keeps its head above the water with this tidal wave coming?
    My prediction is that Palm will relent and end up putting it's UI on top of Android. It just makes too much sense.

-n8
    briggsie - All Palm has to do is turn a profit and keep innovating. If they can do that, they are set.

I liken it unto Apple in the late 90's and early 2000's. Stay profitable and carve out whatever niche you can, and make sure those who jump on board are devoted.
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post
    briggsie - All Palm has to do is turn a profit and keep innovating. If they can do that, they are set.

I liken it unto Apple in the late 90's and early 2000's. Stay profitable and carve out whatever niche you can, and make sure those who jump on board are devoted.
    i agree 100 percent!
    ^YUP, I don't care if they are the leader according to mainstream or have any kind of majority market share, i wish they did.... but as long as they make sweet phones(I had a treo for 2 years, and now a Pre) I'll keep buying them and keep loving Palm
    Quote Originally Posted by pogeypetey View Post

+1
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    the recent poll on the precentral home page says it all

I have been following these forums ever since the pre release, and have noticed at a steady pace the rise in complaints from people about the phones lack of evolvment.

despite the few pre fanatics on here like hparsons and wynard, a large percentage of the pre community has given up on palm !

according to the poll 67% of the members on this site feel that palm missed their opprotunity by only staying on the sprint network for so long, which directly translates to palm missing their opprotunity in general which will most likely result in a lack of revenue that is absolutely necessary for palm to be able to afford to pay employees to evolve web os. since palms lack of finances is the top excuse for the pre coming along so slowly loss of future revenue is clearly going to cripple palms efforts in getting web os up to speed with its competitors who have unlimited resources to be used to advance their platforms. I would say unless palm hits the mega millions that both palm and web os will die off in time.
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    i agree 100 percent!
    That's confusing. You started by saying their days are numbered, but then agreed that all they have to do is carve out a niche market, and they're OK.

(BTW, I too agree with pogeypetey)
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post

I have been following these forums ever since the pre release, and have noticed at a steady pace the rise in complaints from people about the phones lack of evolvment.

despite the few pre fanatics on here like hparsons and wynard, a large percentage of the pre community has given up on palm !

according to the poll 67% of the members on this site feel that palm missed their opprotunity by only staying on the sprint network for so long, which directly translates to palm missing their opprotunity in general which will most likely result in a lack of revenue that is absolutely necessary for palm to be able to afford to pay employees to evolve web os. since palms lack of finances is the top excuse for the pre coming along so slowly loss of future revenue is clearly going to cripple palms efforts in getting web os up to speed with its competitors who have unlimited resources to be used to advance their platforms. I would say unless palm hits the mega millions that both palm and web os will die off in time.
    What a hoot. Have you missed all of the other polls as well? BTW, why the name-calling, do you really have that much discomfort with someone that simply disagrees with you.
    The poll your quoting says absolutely nothing about anyone "giving up" on Palm. As a matter of fact, there have been a number of polls both here, and on other venues that say that the majority of Pre users are satisfied or very satisfied with their devices.
    Global Posts
    111 Global Posts
    WebOs will end up being a niche platform but for what niche? Iphone and android will probably be the top 2 in America. Palm's best chance imo is to make the pre a hit overseas. The web browser and other functions are good enough for me to keep the pre atleast a year but after that I'm def going to get the best android phone out then.

the pre = the dreamcast. A great device that innovated but wasn't fully adopted.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tomh1102 View Post

You do realize that the majority of people who bought the Pre or any phone for that matter probably do not visit forums or sites like these. It's usually just the small % of tech enthusiasts that join communities like this. You can't even begin to guess the size of the pre community based on users from a couple of Pre targeted sites. Also, forums like these are usually filled more with problems and complaints than they are praise, it's just the way it is.

I find it funny how people of forums try to act as if they are mobile business analysts or something. As previously mentioned, Palm will continue to make products as long as they are making money and if it makes good business sense to do so. WebOS was a huge departure from their previous OS and I think overall its being well received and has them going in the right direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That's confusing. You started by saying their days are numbered, but then agreed that all they have to do is carve out a niche market, and they're OK.

(BTW, I too agree with pogeypetey)
    i agree if they can make money.i dont see that happening though.
    hparsons
    please if you have any polls dated after september please post these links!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    This is what we will all be saying in about 6 months.I think palms days are numbered.They had a shot with this phone and just couldnt close the deal.
    I'm hoping your days of crap posting are numbered.