View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 64 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1454596061626364656667686974114164 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 4493
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    I would suggest wiping with baby wipes instead of harsh tissue.
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    I would suggest wiping with baby wipes instead of harsh tissue.
    LMAO!!! haaaaaa I wonder why some go through so many phones... Im still on my original.. probably cuz as soon as I get my phone I put a case on and a screen protector and treat it like a new born.. ( I use baby wipes too LOL )
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe2gg View Post
    I'm so confused right now. I can't even install apps anymore. The app catalog is useless now even though it didn't have a lot to offer right now. There is only so long before I sell this phone because off app limit
    There is a app in preware that can help u with this issue... If you look through the articles on the main page of precentral you will find it.. Sorry im at work and too lazy to find it for ya... lol
    I bought the pre on day one, waited in line and all. The last 3 days have pretty much killed any joy i had for this phone. I've been working long hours. waking up at 730 and getting home ab the same time in the evening. Not once did the pre make it past 5. And i was barely using it, in no single day did i send more than 3 txt messages. I made no phone calls during work. I used the internet to check email and the news for aprox 15min at lunch. I have my screen brightness as low as possible and all gps functions off. Email is set to check every 30min. The battery life on this phone is simply unacceptable. While the girl next time me taps away on her android, and the numerous iphones show ea other pic emails etc, i sit there staring at a black plastic void.
    I'm on my third, the first the screen went out and the replacement the mic and the speaker didn't work. My third works just fine, it's just been a PITA.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by peace love and greatness View Post
    2 OF MY 4 "REPLACEMENT" PHONES failed when the touch screen stopped working!!!! I AM REALLY SICK OF THE PALM PRE AND WANNA FLUSH IT DOWN THE POT!!!!
    Any suggestions to fix this piece of crap?
    Flush Away!!
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    ok my phones power button does not work at all. so im gonna take it back ang hopefully get anew one. will everything i have on my current one be on the new one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Pre24Palm View Post
    ok my phones power button does not work at all. so im gonna take it back ang hopefully get anew one. will everything i have on my current one be on the new one?
    All your info, such as your phone numbers and stuff, SHOULD be backed up automatically. Your data, such as pictures and the like, won't.
    Has someone already mentioned how having wifi enabled weakens the CDMA and EVDO signals? As does having the device in the closed position. Opening the device tends to improve the signal somewhat...
    Quote Originally Posted by mike101 View Post
    Looks like the screen part keeps getting looser and looser.
    September build Pre

I went from a little wiggle out-of-the-box... and now there is 1mm displacement due to the lateral movement ("oreo").... phone has never been dropped

POS.
    I just wonder what in the world palm is doing. Seems like alot of people have a bone to pick with palm. As far as palm needs to fix x, y, and z on the pre. Android seems like they're taking over to the point that people here are interested. I hope palm does not leave us in the dust and starts off on a project like a pre2 cause then it would feel like i got an incomplete phone. I love the pre i just hope they're actually working on solutions to the current pre besides flash. Everybody here is hoping for updates. And if they don't get them many people will leave to android. What are your thoughts
    Quote Originally Posted by gregcolon3 View Post
    I just wonder what in the world palm is doing. Seems like alot of people have a bone to pick with palm. As far as palm needs to fix x, y, and z on the pre. Android seems like they're taking over to the point that people here are interested. I hope palm does not leave us in the dust and starts off on a project like a pre2 cause then it would feel like i got an incomplete phone. I love the pre i just hope they're actually working on solutions to the current pre besides flash. Everybody here is hoping for updates. And if they don't get them many people will leave to android. What are your thoughts
    Android has a year (or more?) head start. The Droid is the first Android that looks like it can compete with the Pre, and it won't be released until 4-5 months after the Pre.

The biggest issue I think Android is going to run into is lack of commonality between implementations. Can developers make apps to take advantage of the Droid, or will they stay compatible to the rather anemic other editions, like the G1.

The speed Palm is moving, I think we will see some cool stuff in the next year from Palm.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    +1 -I already have my bags packed!
    Some of the comments on this forum do nothing less than amaze me.

Palm has steadily been releasing updates to the OS and bundled apps. What more can you expect? Software development is a time consuming process. If you doubt the Truth of this proposition, try to develop an app of your own to test it.

Though I'm sure Palm is providing development support for apps they consider important to the success of the platform; Flash is not produced by Palm. It's an Adobe product. Palm has little or nothing to do with 3rd party apps (hence the moniker, "3rd party").
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Yeah. No fairsies. I call Do-over!!
    It isn't about saying that it isn't fair that Pre is behind. Android is a year ahead and it took 5 month after the Pre was released to compete with it. Droid is the first Android phone that looks like it compares and it isn't out yet so we don't really know.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    752 Global Posts
    With 939 employees, you can't take over the world in 4 months.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    ignore this post, 90% of this guys post are always negative.. Lol
    All Palm needs to do is continue putting out updates to their OS and they will be fine. Palm is doing fine. For all the undeserved crap they get from uniformed people on this site, they have put out update after update and have a loyal following.

That's how it begins, and sometimes it's hard for those who are here at the beginning to have the foresight to see the strategy. Fortunately for Palm, we are not in charge of their game plan.
    Your question is so scattered it's hard to answer, but I'll give it a shot.
    • A lot of people on this forum have "a bone to pick with Palm". That's the nature of forums, they tend to attract those that have problems, and whiners. The truth is that the vast majority of Pre owners are either "satisfied" or "very satisfied" with their devices.
    • Not sure what you mean by "fix x, y, and z on the Pre". If you're talking hardware, the device is pretty much the way it's going to remain. If you're talking software (OS, not apps), Palm has been working on updates consistently in the 4 1/2 months that it's been out. (That may answer a lot of your "What are you doing?" question...)
    • Working on a Pre2 would be hardware. They've already left the Pre "in the dust", that hardware project is done. The hardware team are most surely working on the next device. That's how a hardware company stays in business.
    • Palm isn't doing much on Flash, that would be Adobe.
    • Finally, the gist of your post seems to be about updates. No other phone (that I'm aware of) has received the number of updates that Palm has in the short time it's been out.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Your question is so scattered it's hard to answer, but I'll give it a shot.
    • A lot of people on this forum have "a bone to pick with Palm". That's the nature of forums, they tend to attract those that have problems, and whiners. The truth is that the vast majority of Pre owners are either "satisfied" or "very satisfied" with their devices.
    • Not sure what you mean by "fix x, y, and z on the Pre". If you're talking hardware, the device is pretty much the way it's going to remain. If you're talking software (OS, not apps), Palm has been working on updates consistently in the 4 1/2 months that it's been out. (That may answer a lot of your "What are you doing?" question...)
    • Working on a Pre2 would be hardware. They've already left the Pre "in the dust", that hardware project is done. The hardware team are most surely working on the next device. That's how a hardware company stays in business.
    • Palm isn't doing much on Flash, that would be Adobe.
    • Finally, the gist of your post seems to be about updates. No other phone (that I'm aware of) has received the number of updates that Palm has in the short time it's been out.
    could nto have agreed any better