View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 63 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1353585960616263646566676873113163 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,260 of 4493
    Y'know the best way to come to the Pre? From a completely no frills cellphone.

The phone I get after the Pre (a long time from now) will have to literally give me back rubs and chocolate to give me the feeling of squee!!! I have now.

'k, back to the serious discussions of problems.

(Incidentally, I'm laughing about the "difficulty" in using homebrew apps. I'm not particularly tech-savvy and have a toddler who 'helps' me type and I had no problem getting it set up.)
    Last edited by sapphire_chan; 10/09/2009 at 01:41 PM.
    Global Posts
    729 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dingwall1 View Post
    and I will happily pay developers 5-8 dollars for QUALITY APPS. You seem to think that I'm unhappy with the price of these pic hunt games, when in fact, I simply look PAST these low quality 99 cent apps. I would pay in upwards of 10 bucks for a quality geocaching app. I know I'm not alone....as the threads "COMPLAINING" about the lack of apps are FULL of tenured Precentral members....and this thread...has 3 souls. I'm only on this thread to reply to you, the app catalog apologist.
    I'm an apologist only because people seem to think that in 3 or 4 months' time, GREAT software can be written for a cell phone..

Like I said before, look how long it took really cool apps to be made for the iPhone.. It didn't happen overnight, and Palm is not Apple.. Palm doesn't have to clout that Apple has had with its iPod before the iPhone..

All I'm saying is I really don't think the Pre is doing that badly, considering it's still a relatively new phone. I would think that by Christmas, EA and other game companies will have at least 5-10 quality games for the phone. And I'm sure some really good productivity apps will come out, such as alternative browsers and document handlers.. It's still really early in the game.
    complaining start: The Apps suck. Complaining over.
    i just got the pre a couple days ago. i like it but this is the first smart phone i ever had. i am havin one problem with it now. none of the numbers show up on my dailer to call people. it seemed like it happen when i updated preware but i dont know when it exactly happen i just noticed it now. has anyone else been havin this problem or heard of it?
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    I'm so confused right now. I can't even install apps anymore. The app catalog is useless now even though it didn't have a lot to offer right now. There is only so long before I sell this phone because off app limit
    There is over 250 apps on preware and this site
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    (Incidentally, I'm laughing about the "difficulty" in using homebrew apps. I'm not particularly tech-savvy and have a toddler who 'helps' me type and I had no problem getting it set up.)
    Homebrew is no problem - that's a breeze. It's the combination of WebOs Quick Install and WebOS Doctor and WebOS Internals and PreLoad and Preware and Package Manager Service and .jar files and .ipk files and . . . .

Jumping through hoops was not my intention when purchasing this phone. I'm glad the developers have something to play with and create from, but I wanted a sophisticated device in hand at purchase as per the media ads, but I ended up with a Little Orphan Annie.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Classic 2 froze my phone when it up dated. The best I could get was a 2 minute (I counted) delay to load - with only native apps and Epocrates - then after a while the letters would double type. The later would clear with closing and re-opening Classic.

Unbelievably, no hassle at all with the return and refund to my credit card and even reset my eligibility for a discount on a new phone.

I was willing to risk the $99 and try again in a month or so, but they told me that if I switched the Centro back on, I wouldn't be able to get my rebate. I didn't feel like sitting on $250.

I'm happy with the Centro, altho I miss the pretty browsing.

My dream would be a Centro-type phone with the WebOS, but capable of (actually) running the old Datebook and Contacts from the phone. I'm still not a cloud-person.
    i still cant find anything on this but i still cant see my numbers when trying to call
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Someone let me know when they have ever owned a phone that had EVERYTHING they wanted on it.

Seriously.
    Centro.

Seriously.

It had everything I wanted at the time (and some things I still want on my Pre).
    Quote Originally Posted by hocndoc View Post
    Classic 2 froze my phone when it up dated. The best I could get was a 2 minute (I counted) delay to load - with only native apps and Epocrates - then after a while the letters would double type. The later would clear with closing and re-opening Classic.

Unbelievably, no hassle at all with the return and refund to my credit card and even reset my eligibility for a discount on a new phone.

I was willing to risk the $99 and try again in a month or so, but they told me that if I switched the Centro back on, I wouldn't be able to get my rebate. I didn't feel like sitting on $250.

I'm happy with the Centro, altho I miss the pretty browsing.

My dream would be a Centro-type phone with the WebOS, but capable of (actually) running the old Datebook and Contacts from the phone. I'm still not a cloud-person.
    Did you know you weren't a cloud person prior to purchase? Just curious.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by lolthisismyname View Post
    Centro.

Seriously.

It had everything I wanted at the time (and some things I still want on my Pre).
    That makes 2 of us.

I have the Palm m130 which sincs with Microsoft Outlook on my PC by way of Palm cradle. When I purchased the new Palm Pre phone, I was hoping to be able to still sinc with Outlook. I am finding from inquiries to Sprint that I can not do this. Please let me know when an upgraded software to the Palm m130 will be available for Pre so I can sinc Outlook calendar and contacts to my Pre phone. I currently can view and respond to my email from my yahoo account which is working ok.
    thank you to anyone out there who can help me
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Was I a cloud person? Probably not, but I wasn't sure until I realized how much data I was syncing all the time.
    battery sucks is my complaint
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    i need help! when i got a txt messages show the notification and i tap to go and see it but when it say more than one txt i tap to see the first one and then i cannot see the others one i go back and check and they are not there!!! .. and i dunno how to see the nes ones!! do i need to delete all my txt??
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    Is there going to be a update for the pre for the reception? With my palm 800w I had great service in my house. Ever since I got the pre I drop calls all the time in my house and places where I would of never dropped with my 800 W. Also I would like to know if Palm is ever going to get the video recorder option out for the pre that the sprint rep said was comming out when I bought the phone and not to worry about it. That was months ago and I still have not seen it yet.
    cabletech I have noticed the same thing with my Pre. On my Curve I would gt better reception in places.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Looks like the screen part keeps getting looser and looser.
    2 OF MY 4 "REPLACEMENT" PHONES failed when the touch screen stopped working!!!! I AM REALLY SICK OF THE PALM PRE AND WANNA FLUSH IT DOWN THE POT!!!!
    Any suggestions to fix this piece of crap?