View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 61 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1151565758596061626364656671111161 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 4493
    Before the end of the year?Then you could say"yea i had for 6 months it was ok".
    When the next one comes out! I love it and IMO, there isnt anything better (many things comparable) out there to go to.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    When the next one comes out! I love it and IMO, there isnt anything better (many things comparable) out there to go to.
    I think your right
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    Before the end of the year?Then you could say"yea i had for 6 months it was ok".
    That's madness...

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Im keeping mine for the foreseeable future..I really dont go by some timeline, but I do know there will be a time when some new cool phone with interesting features will show up and catch my eye...

then its only a matter of time
    its the best phone on the market.. why would you leave this phone? imo nothing is comparable.. in my eyes the iphone is like NES and pre is like the 360. the iphone is so outdated.
    What's the point of this post? I mean, PLEASE!
    UNtil I get the 2nd generation Pre!
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Until my contract is up, then I will switch to the latest and greatest Palm WebOS phone, assuming one exists.
    2nd gen pre also!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    What's the point of this post? I mean, PLEASE!
    This kid has posted a ton of crap posts on this forum. Had some deleted too.

I won't be getting rid of my Pre until I can upgrade again, and if there is a new WebOS device coming out, I'll likely go to that, unless Android is at 2.0 and is significantly better than it is now.
    Quote Originally Posted by briggsie View Post
    Did you "bump your head" or something ?

This picture helps as much as this thread....
    WebOS phone, really dont care which one...probably stay with either the middle line or top line palm phone...low end pixi style is just not enough for me.

GO PALM!! and WEBOS!!!

OP you sound like an Apple fan boy of some sort with this post. GEEZ make it sound like you got this phone and are going to switch to something like IPhone or Hero soon. We are all happy, partial, blinded by Palm, on cloud 9 Pre (or just WebOS) fanatics here - go away you duck hunter leave us ducks to fly the skies.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    While I am enjoying the Pre, I think the only thing that keeps me from switching back to a Blackberry is the web browser. Pre good, BB bad. I predict that by the time I am eligible for an upgrade (June '10) Blackberry will get me back.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    When Pre 2 comes out and when my contract is up. =)
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    About the time the 2nd gen's come out. Sadly I think my pre broke that day ...

For the forseeable future. It does everything I need in a smart phone and is cooler than any other phone available in the US.

We have two pre's, mine and my wife's, we both love them. Actually the kids want them now too since I showed them the virtual keyboard - but ya right.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hocndoc View Post
    Good thing there's a "Complaints" thread.

Totally agree with the above, except that I'm going to turn in my Pre just under the 30 day dead line and go back to my Centro.

Went to palm.com and left feedback:

I'm going to turn in my Pre just under the 30 day dead line and go back to my Centro. (Former palm pilot, Treo 300, 600, 650 and soon to be again Centro user.)

I see the potential in the Web Os, and anticipate the next generation phone and OS that will allow USB (or equivalent) sync of a functional datebook and contacts and does not rely on Classic for several programs I depend on for work.

Will also push Sprint to allow the phone as modem to be turned back to its native ability.

I prefer the old Desktop, address database, and date book, with local, more secure, USB syncing and backup.

I fill in for various doctors in their offices and hospitals. In hospital and office buildings, there's often no phone or wireless signal available at the when and where I need it for patient care.

Ironic that Palm and Sprint try to hijack iTunes, but turn off the Pre's phone as modem ability.

Where there is a phone signal, there may not be wireless available in those offices for someone who's only there intermittently or temporarily - I used the phone as modem for my lap top in these situations and in travel.

I'm not convinced that public wifi or phone signal is secure enough for my private data that includes patient information, every time I sync intentionally and/or automatically.

I use Classic for Epocrates several times a day and it's very slow and clumsy - not the image I need in front of patients.

Also, just flat don't have the time to fiddle with Classic and the screen that becomes smaller than the Centro, doing without Audible books while traveling, fighting to get music and podcasts, and the *hot, short-lived battery,* not to mention the hobbled phone as modem.
    No offense, but it appears you didn't do your due dilligence before purchasing the pre. 30 minutes on these forums alone, would have given you the information you posted above, and you likely wouldn't have ever purchased the pre. How is that Palm's, or anyone elses fault but your own?

I research everything I buy, and I realize I'm likely in the minority. I don't see something new and shiny, and just buy it because it looks cool. A bit of patience, some simple online research, and these mistakes can be avoided.

Sorry you don't like your Pre, but if Palm hadn't launched it when they did, you'd likley never gotten another phone from Palm in the future. No Centro, Pixie, etc... They were about to go belly up, and the Pre has given them ample breathing room to continue development.

It appears the centro is a much better phone based on your user needs. Just don't blame Palm or anyone other than yourself for your lack of research before jumping into the new phone. That doesn't make any sense.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I love the PRE . I may switch when 2G comes out. Will need to see what it offers..
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidF View Post
    While I am enjoying the Pre, I think the only thing that keeps me from switching back to a Blackberry is the web browser. Pre good, BB bad. I predict that by the time I am eligible for an upgrade (June '10) Blackberry will get me back.
    You know you can use other web browsers? Opera Mini 5 beta and Bolt Browser are 2 of the best.

Anyhoo, I'm either gonna get the next WebOS phone after my contract ends, or see if a better WebOS phone comes out that I can use the 6 month/$150 credit thing on.