View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 60 of 225 FirstFirst ... 1050555657585960616263646570110160 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by mtalhelm View Post
    Not smart enough to make cool dooshy apps. Wish I was.
    Just hoping it gets better that's all. Can I not have that opinion?
    Everyone here is blinded by how "cool" the pre is and the apps are, but they are lame and have a long way to go. This is not meant as a rude comment to app developers, but the way everyone talks is as if it's the latest and greatest.
    Just thinking sensibly - maybe not though. Maybe I'm wrong in commenting. Idk.
    Patience is a virtue....the apps will come in due time....
    Global Posts
    387 Global Posts
    what "cool" apps are you looking for? Pandora is great. GolfPin is great. Google Maps. Sprint Nav is great. ( i hate to admit it but Im addicted to word ace app too)
    YAWN
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Everytime I see a post like this, I'm like "what the doosh?"

Hoping things get better as time goes by.
    Me too, I can't stand threads like this, Palm get your crap together for my sanity's sake
    Amongst similar complaint threads, this thread has reached new limits in inanity.
    We can get all offended and everything but the guy is right. There are very few 'wow apps'. But I knew that before buying a Pre. Maybe this guy didn't

I'm sure the apps will eventually catch up but it needs time.
    I don't get these posts either...OP ever post an app request? Or is it that your opinion of what makes a great app is lousy?

I play wordwhirl all day, I use pandora and the nab everyday. I homebrew so I use flashlight and preware and I change my themes often(always coming back to my own ZomPre) I guess I'm OK with "dooshy" apps...

sidenote: cool anteater
    Last edited by mrloserpunk; 10/07/2009 at 09:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    We can get all offended and everything but the guy is right. There are very few 'wow apps'. But I knew that before buying a Pre. Maybe this guy didn't

I'm sure the apps will eventually catch up but it needs time.
    The token "The guy is right" guy.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    If I had the money I would have stayed with iPhone, but switched hoping the Pre would do it for me.
    Just use the money you're saving with the Pre and buy an iTouch. Then you'll have all those apps again and no monthly penance to AT&T. Then once the Pre is fully up and kicking, and Apple angers the iPhone developers so much that they jump ship to Palm, you can eBay your iTouch. Also, once flash is available for the Pre you'll have those millions of little flash games and utilities to keep you occupied. Problem solved!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    The token smartass.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMarco View Post
    The token smartass.
    This thread moves on, business as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Hey! You're right!
    navigation alone makes the pre better than the iphone imo. i use it all the time, and it doesnt cost $100+ like on the iphone.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Time On Market.

When the iPhone launched back in 07', people had nothing to compare it to. There were very few apps available in those first 6 months or so, but people were "wowed" by the abilities of the phone as is. Apple, their development community, and numerous 3rd party vendors have had 2 years since then to create "cool" apps, and they've done a great job.

The question really is, why are you demanding all the cool apps for the pre merely 4 months post launch? The Homebrew community has done great things with the limited time and info they've had. Relax a bit, have some patience, and make a better comparision when the pre has been on the market for over a year.
    Can we get some cool/useful apps please? Lames apps all over the catalog and some cost way too much to even try. I guess I got fat and lazy on sweet apps for the iPhone. Have yet to see an app that uses the Pre's creativity and power (or lack of).
    If I had the money I would have stayed with iPhone, but switched hoping the Pre would do it for me. But it has yet to bust out and dropped prices say something about this device. Is it not powerful enough to create incredible apps like the iPhone? What is the deal? Every time I look at the Pre app catalog I'm like, "what the doosh?" What are these apps? Who needs an app for that?

Hoping things get better as time goes by.
    Somebody please hurry up and create some fart apps so these former iPhone users will have a meaning to their lives again!
    Quote Originally Posted by BBossman1 View Post
    Somebody please hurry up and create some fart apps so these former iPhone users will have a meaning to their lives again!
    lol
    "Brace yourself, you beautiful *****. I am about to **** you up with some truth!" - Kenny Powers

"I don't mind paying taxes. With taxes, I purchase civilization."
    - H.L. Mencken
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Palm marketed the Pre and WebOS as the cutting edge, but that's only if you're a developer.

I love Palm. I loved my Palm IIIxe, IIIc, Tungsten T2, Treo 700p, and Treo 755p, and I'm more than a casual user with hundreds of apps downloaded and purchased through the years.

The Pre, however, has been nothing but work for me since I got it. It's a continuous struggle for us non-developers to figure out how to do all the things necessary to get simple apps that I assumed would be in a legitimate app catalog, not a beta, and not one so insignificantly small.

I hate to admit that I'm totally lost, but I am, and despite some of the advantages of the Pre, I believe I made a huge mistake in purchasing the Pre instead of an iPhone.
    Quote Originally Posted by pam29466 View Post
    Palm marketed the Pre and WebOS as the cutting edge, but that's only if you're a developer.

I love Palm. I loved my Palm IIIxe, IIIc, Tungsten T2, Treo 700p, and Treo 755p, and I'm more than a casual user with hundreds of apps downloaded and purchased through the years.

The Pre, however, has been nothing but work for me since I got it. It's a continuous struggle for us non-developers to figure out how to do all the things necessary to get simple apps that I assumed would be in a legitimate app catalog, not a beta, and not one so insignificantly small.

I hate to admit that I'm totally lost, but I am, and despite some of the advantages of the Pre, I believe I made a huge mistake in purchasing the Pre instead of an iPhone.
    I too am an "average user" but think I've found the perfect marriage between wanting all the cool apps of the iPhone, but the 3G speed of Sprint with a powerful phone with the PRE. I have an iTouch for the apps and the PRE for my phone. I love my PRE. Sure, it's new and has it's issues, but I didn't expect it to be perfect when I got it. I do love the homebrew catalog as well and Preware is very cool. Also, stick around Precentral.net and ask lots of questions. I'm always surprised that people who are more knowledgable than myself take my issues seriously and help out. Good luck and I hope the PRE grows on you!
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Up to the mistake in purchasing a Pre instead of an iPhone, I'm sorry I let my 755p go. Today on the job I met a young lady who when back to the Treo after buying the Pre because she saw me with mine. The 3 min PIN lock may be the final straw, but I'm still hoping for a miracle.
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts

Good thing there's a "Complaints" thread.

Totally agree with the above, except that I'm going to turn in my Pre just under the 30 day dead line and go back to my Centro.

Went to palm.com and left feedback:

I'm going to turn in my Pre just under the 30 day dead line and go back to my Centro. (Former palm pilot, Treo 300, 600, 650 and soon to be again Centro user.)

I see the potential in the Web Os, and anticipate the next generation phone and OS that will allow USB (or equivalent) sync of a functional datebook and contacts and does not rely on Classic for several programs I depend on for work.

Will also push Sprint to allow the phone as modem to be turned back to its native ability.

I prefer the old Desktop, address database, and date book, with local, more secure, USB syncing and backup.

I fill in for various doctors in their offices and hospitals. In hospital and office buildings, there's often no phone or wireless signal available at the when and where I need it for patient care.

Ironic that Palm and Sprint try to hijack iTunes, but turn off the Pre's phone as modem ability.

Where there is a phone signal, there may not be wireless available in those offices for someone who's only there intermittently or temporarily - I used the phone as modem for my lap top in these situations and in travel.

I'm not convinced that public wifi or phone signal is secure enough for my private data that includes patient information, every time I sync intentionally and/or automatically.

I use Classic for Epocrates several times a day and it's very slow and clumsy - not the image I need in front of patients.

Also, just flat don't have the time to fiddle with Classic and the screen that becomes smaller than the Centro, doing without Audible books while traveling, fighting to get music and podcasts, and the *hot, short-lived battery,* not to mention the hobbled phone as modem.
    Last edited by hocndoc; 10/08/2009 at 04:18 AM. Reason: add note on feedback to palm