View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 59 of 225 FirstFirst ... 949545556575859606162636469109159 ... LastLast
Results 1,161 to 1,180 of 4493

It cant
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    nobody should expect shoddy hardware on a new device, first gen or not. Palm's been in this game long enough where the hardware should be solid.
    1995 Dodge Neon. Google it. You sir, are out of touch with reality.

1st gen anything is FAR more likely have problems, even from a well known manufacturer.

Also, Palm having been around a long time is irrelivant.

How many WebOS devices has palm made?

How many slider devices has palm made?

How many touchscreen devices of this type has palm made?

Palm made this device with absolutely no experience. Fortunately, it's such an open platform that virtually every software shortcoming has already been corrected by the community, and people both at palm and in the community are working hard on the rest.

As for hardware, sure, there's been problems, but as dire as the reports sound here, the majority of people have had no problems at all. And nobody had problems if they did their homework before buying and inspected what they were purchasing before handing over their debit card.

When I went to buy my Pre, I opened the package, turned it on to inspect the LCD and opened/closed the slider to test it all out.
    I have no issues the OP whined about. He also didn't explain why he downgraded back to T-mobile - which tells me he really doesn't know what he is talking about.

Enjoy your downgrade op!
    Global Posts
    134 Global Posts
    please stay. pretty please...
    T-Mobile actually always had great reception for me and, although the 8900 wasn't a 3g phone, I absolutely loved it when I had it. However, if I ever go back to a Blackberry, it will definitely be with Sprint.

The biggest advantage the 8900 has is UMA - where you can make unlimited calls over wifi.
    If I help you out, why not "Thank" me? Or you can visit my site at http://outklaw.com
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Enjoy that new 2 year contract you just signed with t-mobile. Good luck coming back when you realize t-mobile has no good phones.
    hmm pre is pretty awesome u must have had a ****ty one with all those problems. well blackberries r fine but why to t mobile when u could had got the blackberry tour from sprint its the best blackberry out here to date no matter if sprint or verizon. with t mobile u dont even have 3g on ur blackberry and its just ridiculous slow i tried it and well it suck the tour is the way to go. and u pay way less with sprint and get bettre coveraage and faster network. hmm some people make funny choices. oh well good luck i guess.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Woo-Hoo - One less cry-baby!

You won't be missed. Bye!!!!!!
    Why do people feel the need to announce they are leaving?
    Seriously, no one cares if you're here or not, go enjoy your BlackBerry, those of us who enjoy these phones don't care what you do...LMAO!!!
    I don't mind complaints, although it does bug me when an otherwise constructive thread gets hijacked by a whiner. What kills me is the number of people who feel that they have to commit a public Preicide before leaving the board. "I have to tell everyone that I'm leaving and going back to my iPhone/Blackberry/WinMo/Android/Moto/Two Tin Cans and a String because I'm so fascinating and I know they hang on my every word and the sun rises and sets on my ****." Get over yourself, nobody cares, if you're going just go.
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    I love self-entitled ******bags that think that they have to make a thread announcing they are leaving.

Nobody cares that you are leaving. Most of us on here don't even know who you are.
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Maybe the blackberry will auto-correct to, too, and two for you. Good luck two you.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    1995 Dodge Neon. Google it. You sir, are out of touch with reality.

1st gen anything is FAR more likely have problems, even from a well known manufacturer.

Also, Palm having been around a long time is irrelivant.

How many WebOS devices has palm made?

How many slider devices has palm made?

How many touchscreen devices of this type has palm made?

Palm made this device with absolutely no experience. Fortunately, it's such an open platform that virtually every software shortcoming has already been corrected by the community, and people both at palm and in the community are working hard on the rest.

As for hardware, sure, there's been problems, but as dire as the reports sound here, the majority of people have had no problems at all. And nobody had problems if they did their homework before buying and inspected what they were purchasing before handing over their debit card.

When I went to buy my Pre, I opened the package, turned it on to inspect the LCD and opened/closed the slider to test it all out.

Yeah, you may be right. Maybe I've set my expectations a little too high, mainly due to the luck I've been having with 1st gen offerings as of late (my hd-dvd player's still going strong). I'm still happy with my Pre, even with some of the hardware issues I've had.
    Global Posts
    34 Global Posts
    Peace out. Pre a damn good phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kasl33 View Post
    T-Mobile actually always had great reception for me and, although the 8900 wasn't a 3g phone, I absolutely loved it when I had it. However, if I ever go back to a Blackberry, it will definitely be with Sprint.

The biggest advantage the 8900 has is UMA - where you can make unlimited calls over wifi.
    blackberry web browsing is the pits.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    nice post
    Can we get some cool/useful apps please? Lames apps all over the catalog and some cost way too much to even try. I guess I got fat and lazy on sweet apps for the iPhone. Have yet to see an app that uses the Pre's creativity and power (or lack of).
    If I had the money I would have stayed with iPhone, but switched hoping the Pre would do it for me. But it has yet to bust out and dropped prices say something about this device. Is it not powerful enough to create incredible apps like the iPhone? What is the deal? Every time I look at the Pre app catalog I'm like, [EDITED BY MOD] What are these apps? Who needs an app for that?

Hoping things get better as time goes by.
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 10/07/2009 at 02:12 PM. Reason: language
    Well, the SDK just doesn't exist yet to allow access to the Pre's hardware to do cool stuff. So instead of Shazam or augmented reality or 3D games, the Pre apps for the forseeable future are just going to present information in different ways rather than "wowing" you with coolness.
    Thank you mikah912 for helping me understand that. I understand now - guess I thought SDK was available?
    Global Posts
    655 Global Posts