View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 57 of 225 FirstFirst ... 747525354555657585960616267107157 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,140 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    userengel,

Maybe, you missed this post. OP clearly stated "She". in this post. And stated that she told him she never comes anywhere near 1500 minutes. Please read all of the post before you claim I read the post wrong.
    I read that, and you are still reading it wrong. He isn't saying the rep said she personally never used over 1500 minutes on her plan, he's saying the rep told him that he never uses over 1500 on his plan.
    Quote Originally Posted by userengel View Post
    I read that, and you are still reading it wrong. He isn't saying the rep said she personally never used over 1500 minutes on her plan, he's saying the rep told him that he never uses over 1500 on his plan.
    Your right. The quotes come after the She said part. My bad. Your right, I am wrong. Sorry for the previous post and to the op. I will now go and hide under a rock!
    Swissarmy,

I guess my pronouns aren't clear enough. The rep told me that looking over my personal usage plan -- meaning mine, not hers, -- showed that I would have no problem staying within the 1500 minutes. That I come nowhere near that. I think for my statement to have meant what you were suggesting the quotations would have been outside the "I". Regardless it was clearly too ambiguous. I hope it’s clear now.
    Quote Originally Posted by crashkup View Post
    I guess my pronouns aren't clear enough.\
    Its not your fault. I fully understood what you were saying the first time I read it.
    How is it Sprint's fault that the you didn't monitor your usage? Out of all of the US carriers, Sprint provides the easiest, most available tools to check on the number of minutes you have left.

Instead of whining to us, why don't you whine nicely to Sprint? If you've been a customer for as long as you claim, they will absolutely take care of you. I had a minor problem with my bill and ended up receiving an extra 500 minutes a month as an apology.

Unless they consider you to be more trouble than you're worth. In which case, go whine on Apple forums!
    Quote Originally Posted by crashkup View Post
    But as far as taking responsibility for my actions I have to seriously disagree and wonder if I am being unclear or if the readers are dodging the details. Most likely I am being unclear. Beyond trusting a promise that 1500 minutes would be enough -- as told to me by a rep who claimed to be looking back at all my records I did not make a mistake. Now to make a big move like changing plans you may think: look yourself. But here’s the issue: the rep told me I could change back if I wasn’t satisfied. That was also untrue. I had thought I would at most pay for overage on one month's bill and then switch back.
    The responsibility for not understanding how many minutes you use is yours. If you want to make a major purchase, do you blame your credit card company for allowing you to buy beyond your means? You are responsible for your own decision making and your actions.

That said, it certainly sounds like you talked with a bad or misinformed rep on the phone. Again, I'd say that it is your responsibility for trusting bad information - especially that given over the phone. Sorry for the bum steer.

That said, Sprint's service is better than the other three carriers. If you're polite - which means losing that chip on your shoulder and affecting a better tone than you've used with us - Sprint will make this right for you. It may require some persistence, or even threatening to leave, but they'll take care of you.

Again, however, it is up to you to determine how they respond. Sprint has a corporate policy of letting obnoxious, high-maintenance, or abusive customers leave.

Best wishes.
    I suppose I could have been a bit more clear myself. Perhaps it is my nature to be untrusting or perhaps I have just learned not to trust some rep making $10/hr who more than likely is just there for a paycheck. It is never advisable to enter into a contract based on some other persons recommendation. One should always review things for themselves.

Personally, here is how I would handle the situation. It may or may not be the best way to go about things and Im sure others will chime in:

First I would gather usage details for the past three months at a minimum. That will give you an average of how many minutes you normally use. I would also make a list of all the issues you had with your phone. Call retention and explain to them, very calmly and very sweetly (remember: no matter how upset you are, you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar), what your issues are. Go off your list so you don't forget anything. Ask them what can be done to resolve these issues. Get a supervisor if you have to. Don't expect to be given the farm for your troubles and be willing to compromise. If your old plan doesn't exist any longer, you're not going to get it no matter how much you complain or who you complain to. But if they're willing to give you a credit and upgrade you to a sufficient plan, then so be it. Don't get off the phone until you're happy because if you feel you're getting the short straw you'll never get the sour taste out of your mouth. Let them know you don't want to switch carriers and that you've been a long term customer, however you WILL do what is to your benefit even if that is switching.

I've only had one issue with Sprint and that was during the release of the Tour which I ordered as soon as it was released. Im sure most know of the goof-up they experienced at that time and I was one of the ones that suffered from it. However, after talking to retention I wound up with a credit on my account and made the switch to the Pre. I walked away VERY happy on all accounts. I had a device I fell in love with and a nice credit to be applied towards its purchase. Perhaps I got lucky in who I spoke to or perhaps Sprint just knows how to fix their mistakes. Who knows?
    bottom line palm is a great company there phones in my opinion have been the best and most usable phones out there, but with pre i after getting one a week ago i have to say, i'm a little dissapointed. The phone is great, it looks great, but it just doesn't do great things like the ones before it. with my centro i could do anything i wanted, but with pre i cant even change the ringtones for my messeges. ***? something so simple, and it cant be done. it's cool that a company would let users better the phone but come on not everyone likes to "jailbreake" there phones. and a little more speed wouldn't hurt. i've had my phone for a week and i've only seen my pictures turn sideways 3 times, i have to keep taping on the corner so the phone recognizes it's sideways. great phone but needs to much work. i'm even thinking about going back to my centro until all this blows over.
    I and I'm sure many Pre owners didn't come to the forum to read tons of complaints. Wanting a feature is fine but hijacking threads is kind of annoying. I saw a couple users yesterday searching for every thread about paid apps and stating over and over again that they won't buy it because of the App limit. I'm sure the limit will be removed before December.
    Last edited by darksniper404; 10/06/2009 at 06:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by darksniper404 View Post
    I and I'm sure many Pre owners didn't come to the forum to read tons of complaints. Wanting a feature is fine but hijacking threads is kind of annoying. I saw a couple users yesterday searching for every thread about paid apps and stating over and over again that they won't buy it because of the App limit. I'm sure the limit will be removed before December.
    Complaints are what get the ball rolling for improvements. Good to see ur so sure about stuff.
    So my Pre is up to date and still will not sync with iTunes. It says syncing completed but iTunes says that it has skipped all of my music files. This is the same for DoubleTwist Songbird and winamp. Any Advice?
    As other posters have threaded...I'm going back to my BlackBerry...I'm outta here!

There are just way to many problems with this phone from the build quality, numerous dead pixels on screens, light leakage (enough to read a book in the dark even if you cover the screen!), constant messages telling me my email account passwords are not correct when they are, replying to E-Mails turns the text from black to blue and enlarges the font, creating E-Mails also enlarges the font, etc...the list goes on and on and on. Total BS people!

Honestly I was really hoping this phone would rock but I got excited to early. I switched back to T-Mobile this morning, got a brand new BB 8900 (PERFECT build quality, ZERO dead pixels...shall I go on?)...for 149.00 even though I just left them not 30 days ago and on top of that got a 15% discount on my monthly bill for the 2 year contract because of my horror story that I told them with Sprint and the Pre...they were so happy to welcome me back and I was just has happy to go back!

Enjoy all the bugs boys and girls...it's been fun!
    SPRINT...the carrier I never thought I'd switch to (and didn't lol)!
    Bye-bye have fun.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    Back to your closet good friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    Complaints are what get the ball rolling for improvements. Good to see ur so sure about stuff.
    Yes maybe if you could read I said complaints that are discussed properly are fine however hijacking every thread you can find and posting complaints is not. I'm fine with complaints and without them technology would be nothing but people come on this forums just to complain about everything the phone is missing and probably 60% of the topics in this general forum are complaining. It would be much more organized if we had another category.
    Global Posts
    84 Global Posts
    Bye.
    if you didn't expect this... then you shouldn't have bought a version one os and a version one hardware.
    Global Posts
    343 Global Posts
    Bye, bye.
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    We do. It's called General Complaints Thread and most complaints get moved there. I believe it's a sticky.
    +1 on the gripes category

Every post about My battery sux should be moved to this category.