View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 56 of 225 FirstFirst ... 646515253545556575859606166106156 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 4493
    Wow... I thought the title of this thread said "Sprint and Palm Customer Service is Abyssul." I got excited..

On a more related note, I have been very pleased with Sprint's customer service. I would like to note that it varies based on your area. I've gotten my Pre replaced twice. My first one had a cracked USB port, broken volume buttons, and LCD bleed. My second Pre had some dead pixels and a decent twist motion (got it replaced for free when my friend punched the phone and made it crack halfway across the screen from the center button, touchscreen wouldn't work either). My third Pre seems like a taker for now.

Throughout the whole process I have not spent a single dime (except in gas) to replace them. I have insurance, but I never used it. The replacements were always shipped with overnight/2-day shipping. I knew more about the phone then the employees which made me feel proud.

If I helped you or you have downloaded one of my files,
    then least you could do is click the "Thanks" button.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed View Post
    Even though the features are ostensibly the same, having to constantly wait 5-6 seconds for a compose/reply window to open up a new web page instead of opening up immediately as it would within a native application is simply unacceptable.
    My corporate IT is a bit behind the times, and currently only support WinMo/BB/and on special cases iPhone

Im having to use Exchange through OWA,

but, to my surprise, over EVDO, it is *blazing fast*. I am in OWA Light mode but havent found any functionality gap that ive needed so far. Response and rendering are both faster than i need it to be
    I just had a very miserable Pre experience -- but the experience with Pre was nothing compared with my disappointing Sprint experience. I switched plans in order to get a Pre, with two assurances from Sprint, I never go near going over the 1500 minutes my plan was reduced to and if I were to find myself unsatisfied I could switch back.

Well, 28 days into my Pre, the Pre failed. I called in to have a new Pre sent, but I hit the wrong button, which took me to billing where the automatic message informed me that I was already going over my minutes!

I will spare you some gory details about how I then had to spend a good part of my Hawaiian vacation negotiating with Sprint to let me return my Pre. The bottom line is 1500 minutes (for two phones) was not enough.

And now they tell me I can't get my old plan back!

The details of the misery of this experience will be available in a few days as I work out my frustrations in an amusing video. But after 12 years as a loyal Sprint customer (since my first cell!) with anywhere from 2 to 6 phones, I would boil the whole experience down to one word:

“iPhone” !
    Mods should just start deleting these type of posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by leftyman View Post
    Mods should just start deleting these type of posts.
    +1
    Shouldn't you know how many minutes you usually use? I'm not seeing how Sprint did this to you? You can only "switch back" to a plan if it is still offered and one of the ones approved for use with the Pre.
    If you're a current customer upgrading to this phone
    After you receive your new phone, you can activate it online. If you don't already have one of the data plans we offer today, you'll need to select one of the data plans listed above when you activate your Pre.
    Please note: If you switch from a plan we no longer offer, and for some reason you decide to go back to your old phone, please be aware that you won't be able to switch back to your old plan. However, you will be able to switch to other plans we currently offer.

Did not take long to find this on Spint's website. Only you know how many minutes you use. Good luck with higher fees. Why waste time on your vacation in Hawaii? I would have waited until I returned.
    So its Sprints fault that you chose to switch your calling plan without even bothering to see how many minutes you were using? Seriously take some personal responsibility and quit your whining. Enjoy your dropped calls over on AT&T!
    what are you doing racking up 1500 minutes between two people on a Hawaiian vacation?
    Sprint has a very nice web site that allows you to see your minutes used or you can call from your phone. Seems to me you should have researched for yourself the amount of minutes used to see if such a plan would work with your current usage.

I use it often to check my minutes and make any necessary changes to avoid charges. I spent quite a bit of time analyzing old bills and reviewing plans before I made my decision on my current plan.

If the plan you were on is no longer offered you can not switch back. It has been this way with every cell phone provider I have used for the past 12 years.

Having a hard time feeling sorry for you on this one
    I guess you could say it is my fault -- but I would phrase it that it is my fault I believed, or trusted Sprint. I was calling to repair my Treo 700p which had stopped working. They suggested I try the Pre and offered me the best plan they could. As I was in a car I asked if 1500 minutes would be enough given that my then surrent plan had me with 3500. She told me I never come "anywhere near 1500 minutes." Being that I am what would hoped would be a valued 12 year customer, and just you know, believing people, I trusted that that was the truth. I also trusted her assurance that "you can always switch back to your old plan if you are not satisfied."

With hindsight I now realize that I should not have trusted Sprint.

I did find the iPhone is “so 2007” very amusing. But now I have to rethink the tagline on the video.
    I am confused. I thought that this was a general area where it would be appropriate to wirte about frustrtaions with Sprint or Pre. Is there a more appropriate place? Or is it just inappropraite to post regarding the firstrtations?
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    This is all very weird. You had a 3500 minute plan, yes? And then you asked a Sprint employee if 1500 would be enough, she said yes, you believed her,... and now you are complaining?

I don't think it was a matter of you being sorry for putting your trust in Sprint. I think it was a matter of a quick decision without doing research. For starters, I think you should've known how many minutes you use. Why have to ask a Sprint employee that? They don't know how much you talk, they are just going by how much the average customer talks on the phone.

As others pointed out, you can check your minutes usage on the Sprint website. And despite what the employee told you,... yes, you can switch back to your old plan -- but only if it is still offered by Sprint presently. It has to be an active plan.

Sorry to hear about the Pre failing. I hear there have been some build issues, and that part is not your fault. I just think you could've done a little more research.
    Regarding my 1500-minute Hawaiian vacation. I appreciate everyone’s concern. Allow me to fill in the picture. I was very busy leading up to the vacation. Meanwhile my Pre was failing (first it continued to ring while on a call, then the on off button stopped working, then it started turning off at its own discretion). Work pressure being what they were, I dealt with the phone return while finishing my packing in the final minutes before leaving. A fallback was to return the phone in person in Kauai… only it turned out the office no longer existed despite still being listed. So I ended up having to negotiate a FedEx return stateside while trying to surf – and I’m a terrible surfer, I wouldn’t even call what I do surfing, it’d be an insult to surfers and the ocean for that matter -- but since I didn’t really want to be stuck with either a $500 phone or a plan I don’t want I had to make some calls. Outside of calling Sprint I wasn’t on the phone that much.

I will say this, Sprint coverage in Kauai is excellent! Even in some very out-of-the-way places.
    A. Why would you consider that what the Sprint reps minutes are would equally work for you?

B. I did not read in your post anything about them promising your old plan back? If they did they were wrong. If they did then you need to call retentions and state the rep you spoke with and what they promised you.

C. Again, just because 1500 minutes worked for the rep why should it work for you. That was your biggest mistake IMO not that Sprint lied to you. If they indeed did...

Good luck. I really do hope you get it resolved. However, I would be surprised if they said you could get your old plan back. Maybe, they stated you could use your old phone but it is a clear Sprint policy you may only use current plans.
    It's not that it's an inappropriate place to post or inappropriate to vent. It's more that you've sort of dodged taking any sort of responsibility for your own actions. Sprint didn't go over your minutes...you did. Additionally, if you were on a plan for 3500 minutes and didn't stop to consider that losing 2000 minutes per month could possibly affect your bill in a negative way...well...one can only assume math wasn't your strongest subject in school. I'm not trying to be nasty, but this is just common sense. After all, Sprint does offer an unlimited plan.

If you were looking for some kind of assistance or advice on how to proceed you might have gotten a more sympathetic response. But to just whine and expect people to jump on the bandwagon is kind of tacky.
    Pdfierro,

You and some of the people on here are rather awesome in your defense of Sprint! But the truth is, since I was in my car while talking to Sprint, the rep, in what seemed to be a rather helpful gesture, said she was looking up my records to give me that info that would have been available to me were I at my computer. Given how inaccurate her help was I now think you may be right – perhaps she wasn’t looking at my records but rather telling me the average or for that matter pulling the info out of thin air. I had 3500 minutes not because I knew I was using all of them but simply as a very advantageous legacy plan they will no longer offer me after I foolishly believed their rep. I didn’t have to be paying close attention as I haven’t come close to going over my minutes in about 8 years or so when I set this plan up.

For those people who may read this and not have come to the conclusion that Sprint is infallible it could be of use to know my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by swissarmy View Post
    A. Why would you consider that what the Sprint reps minutes are would equally work for you?

B. I did not read in your post anything about them promising your old plan back? If they did they were wrong. If they did then you need to call retentions and state the rep you spoke with and what they promised you.

C. Again, just because 1500 minutes worked for the rep why should it work for you. That was your biggest mistake IMO not that Sprint lied to you. If they indeed did...

Good luck. I really do hope you get it resolved. However, I would be surprised if they said you could get your old plan back. Maybe, they stated you could use your old phone but it is a clear Sprint policy you may only use current plans.
    I think you are reading what he wrote wrong... He said the rep told him that /HE/ never came anywhere near the 3200 minutes he had and that /HE/ would be fine with 1500 minutes. They do that, did it to me when I switch to the pre, the rep took a look at my minutes used and suggest which plan I should get based on what I'd been using lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by crashkup View Post
    I guess you could say it is my fault -- but I would phrase it that it is my fault I believed, or trusted Sprint. I was calling to repair my Treo 700p which had stopped working. They suggested I try the Pre and offered me the best plan they could. As I was in a car I asked if 1500 minutes would be enough given that my then surrent plan had me with 3500. She told me I never come "anywhere near 1500 minutes." Being that I am what would hoped would be a valued 12 year customer, and just you know, believing people, I trusted that that was the truth. I also trusted her assurance that "you can always switch back to your old plan if you are not satisfied."

With hindsight I now realize that I should not have trusted Sprint.

I did find the iPhone is “so 2007” very amusing. But now I have to rethink the tagline on the video.
    userengel,

Maybe, you missed this post. OP clearly stated "She". in this post. And stated that she told him she never comes anywhere near 1500 minutes. Please read all of the post before you claim I read the post wrong.
    Hnharrison,

That was a helpful response. You're right. I was whining. I had really assumed that when the situation was explained to Sprint they would allow me to go back on my plan. My wife just spent a good long time on the phone with Sprint and found that that was not the case. So I’m in a *****y mood. If there is any advice on how to correct this I would be very much open to it. I stayed with Sprint for a dozen years. Why would I want to switch? I deal with a lot of issues in my work and it would never occur to me to treat a long term customer like I’ve been treated.

But as far as taking responsibility for my actions I have to seriously disagree and wonder if I am being unclear or if the readers are dodging the details. Most likely I am being unclear. Beyond trusting a promise that 1500 minutes would be enough -- as told to me by a rep who claimed to be looking back at all my records I did not make a mistake. Now to make a big move like changing plans you may think: look yourself. But here’s the issue: the rep told me I could change back if I wasn’t satisfied. That was also untrue. I had thought I would at most pay for overage on one month's bill and then switch back.

In other words, I think it is Sprint that is dodging their responsibility. And they can. Just by making it so. That’s why I am in such a *****y mood.

And I apologize for not suggesting or asking of there is a way to resolve this. I had thought retention would be – but that didn’t get me anywhere.