View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 55 of 225 FirstFirst ... 545505152535455565758596065105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 4493
    You are incorrect. It works just fine for my business.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    I think that's a good decision for your current situation. Bashing the good phone however is uncalled for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Featherman View Post
    You are incorrect. It works just fine for my business.
    Got my mind on my money and my money on my mind !
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    I think that's a good decision for your current situation. Bashing the good phone however is uncalled for.
    What did he say that led you to believe he's bashing the phone? He stated an opinion which, as far as I can tell, is a normal human thing.
    We can not control the direction of the wind. However, we can adjust our sail.
    Global Posts
    2,477 Global Posts
    My Pre sinced my tasks, calender, contacts and email just fine. Open's attachments I recieve through email just fine. The multi-tasking is unsurpassed by any phone I've ever used. I dont notice any more of a lag on this phone than I have with my previous phones which range from the HTC Touch Pro to the Blackberry Tour.

It works just fine for me.

Battery life still is my only issue.
    I just bought a Slap Chop, and it doesn't cut my vegetables exactly the way I like them. I better google for SlapChop fan forums and post about HOW UPSET I AM.

Oh wait I won't because that would be ridiculous. I'll just return it and get something else that meets my needs.
    I just bought a Slap Chop, and it doesn't cut my vegetables exactly the way I like them. I better google for SlapChop fan forums and post about HOW UPSET I AM.

Oh wait I won't because that would be ridiculous. I'll just return it and get something else that meets my needs.
    i like my pre alot,but i agree,its not a pda,ppc,smartphone.it's an app phone just like the i.of course mine isn't used for business either.i've thought alot about goin back to winmo,but haven't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post

Do that and Vince might be the next person at your door getting ready to slap you in the chops.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post

I just bought a cell phone, and it has become the central focus of my life. Im going to find a fan forum that has nothing but praise for the product which I will interpret as a personal compliment.

And if someone doesnt like it I will take remarks personally and flame them.
    Quote Originally Posted by chienandalusia View Post
    I just bought a cell phone, and it has become the central focus of my life. Im going to find a fan forum that has nothing but praise for the product which I will interpret as a personal compliment.

And if someone doesnt like it I will take remarks personally and flame them.
    Nobody is saying that it has to be the "central focus of their life"! But seriously, did you research the phone before you bought it?? I did, and it has everything I wanted on it, and everything that Palm says it would do! Everything else is just a bonus, and you know what? It just keeps getting better. Is it perfect? No, no cell phone is.

I'm not a phone geek, but I actually did some research prior to my purchase and bought a great phone. Maybe, just maybe you bought the wrong phone.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by redninja View Post
    i like my pre alot,but i agree,its not a pda,ppc,smartphone.it's an app phone just like the i.of course mine isn't used for business either.i've thought alot about goin back to winmo,but haven't.
    Then what is your definition of a smartphone?

The biggest draw from a business perspective is lack of the ability to edit MS Office documents and battery. However, this does not takeaway from the phone being smart.

It handles contact info, messaging, email, task, memos, alarms, and you can view Office documents. It also allows users to multitask in a way that was done only by computers.

In addition to all of what I said, it is highly customizable.

So again I ask, what is your definition of a "smart-phone"
    I'm sorry for the rant but I need to get this off of my chest.

Sprint is not going to be keeping me as a customer no matter how good their plan pricing if they choose not to support the devices they sell.

As a 14 year veteran of Verizon, I was hesitant coming to Sprint because of customer service stories (more like nightmares).

Here is my own story. I stood in line June 6 for a Palm Pre. I was impressed enough with the Sprint service and Palm Pre to buy my wife a Palm Pre. I made the decision to pay ETF fees with Verizon to the tune of $350.

About 3 weeks into it, my Palm Pre was having issues with the slider sticking, as though it were rubbing against the keyboard. I took the phone in and they assured me that yes, it is rubbing against the keyboard but refused to exchange it. I figured I'd live with it until something more major happened.

Well, now the more major part is happening. The bottom corner of the screen is starting to develop a stress fracture. I called Sprint, they referred me to Palm. I called Palm, they referred me to Sprint. Sprint referred me to the repair center store. The store said I am SOL, pay $100 and get out of the store (seriously, they did bc I was talking to Sprint customer service and other customers were starting to look). I called Sprint back. They called Palm. Palm called me. Sprint said they would call back but nothing as of yet (4 hours ago).

My options are pay $430 Palm and get credited back $400 when they receive my defective phone. Send the phone in for repair 2-3 weeks. Or break the thing completely and pay $100. Or cancel my contract and go back to Verizon, which may happen as soon as they get the Pre.

Am I the only one who thinks this is a total crock of crap? I brought my Palm Centro into Verizon because my 1 year old sucked on the earpiece. I fully expected to pay the insurance, but instead they replaced it and said it was still under warranty.

Anyone else know of other channels to escalate? Sprint refuses to escalate my calls to a manager/supervisor.
    what was your method of payment?

i use AMEX whenever it is accepted. they've backed me up quite a few times in any situation where i feel slighted or wronged.
    Quote Originally Posted by notaphonegeek View Post
    But seriously, did you research the phone before you bought it??

I'm not a phone geek, but I actually did some research prior to my purchase and bought a great phone. Maybe, just maybe you bought the wrong phone.
    If many here get their wish and shut down all criticisms about the phone on this forum, it would obviate the any research that traces back here, wouldnt it
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    You don't pay Palm $430. They place a hold of $400 on your card. When you return your defective Pre, they drop the hold.

The $30 is for shipping and you will get charged for that.

I believe this would be the option, one I would use if I had to have my Pre swapped.

Good luck and hopefully you get this taken care of.
    This sounds different than the Sprint I know. I am on my 8th Pre since launch and don't have insurance. I have never been given a hard time, even though I may look like a serial replacer, anyways, I'm sorry to hear that Sprint has been crappy to you .have you tried a different store?
    Sprint Customer service is not the worst, but compared to Verizon... you are not going to feel very comfortable with the service or policy.
    Usually on the local customer/repair centers they have young people that really don't care much about anything.
    Most of the time the best results are from corporate office.
    Are you paying insurance for your phone?
    The deductible is 100!!!!
    Also, Palm should provide some sort of warranty in regards to faulty/defective hardware, I guess you will have to send it back, I had to send a Samsum phone under similar circumstances, they always need for you to send the phone, they should provide a shipping label.
    Good luck and update your experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by chienandalusia View Post
    If many here get their wish and shut down all criticisms about the phone on this forum, it would obviate the any research that traces back here, wouldnt it
    There's nothing wrong with debate and and a critique of the pre, but when people are crying about no video on the phone it's pretty ridiculous when it was never offered in the 1st place. Palm, to my knowledge never said it would do that. We also don't need 6,000 threads on how the battery life sux. 1 should suffice, right?
    For contrast, I think the worst customer experience I ever had in the cellular industry was in fact with Verizon. I was in the market for a new phone when I stepped into their store, I looked around at the various products on the shelves was patiently waiting for a sales rep to approach (as every other store I've stepped into has done) when I noticed that people who were arriving after me were getting helped before I was. Normally I'm used to this, I'm not the greatest looking human in the gene pool so I tend to put people off a little.

But then I noticed something else, towards the front of the store and off to the side was a computer terminal. I looked at it, and it was asking for basically all of my personal information (name, address, phone number etc etc) and with a disclaimer stating that if a customer does not provide this information up front, then the associates can't help. And they literally ignored me for the better part of 15 minutes. I finally pulled one aside and asked what this was all about. He told me that giving this information helps the reps figure out what kind of plan and phone would fit my needs the best. So I asked what happens to my personal information that is sitting on their database if I leave and not buy any products. He had no answer for that. That was enough to make me leave. I'm a little on the security conscious side as that tends to be my field. So believe me, when a company wants my information BEFORE they try to sell me anything, it rings a few bells.