View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 54 of 225 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    Yeh it may take 5 seconds or so for an app to open , but to avoid this, just keep those main apps you use open in cards, therefore no startup delay. But i only see delays in starting up the program, once they run, i dont notice any lag
    I honestly believe this is one factor people overlook when they talk about start up times for apps.
    the phone is still new..they are workin out things give it a lil time...
    Every device is going to have different problems for different people. Thing is you have to find what works for you... Not what works for the masses.

I have been a long time WinMo user.... The thing that broke the camel's back for me and sent me running to the Pre was 6 touch pro replacements in 4 months. All keyboard failures. I had always wished WinMo seemed more seamless instead of a patchwork quilt... but was willing to leave with that until all the keyboard troubles.

Now with the pre I have a working keyboard and a phone that feels seamless. So... Like I said... Every device is different to everybody.

BTW..My pre... takes 2 seconds tops to load emails.
    Aka: NinjaMom
    www.ppcgeeks.com
    PPC6600>PPC6700>HTC Touch>Touch Pro>Palm Pre
    I am jumping ship to the Hero for the same issues. I really do like the webos and will probably be back but for a company that puts a substantial amount of thought into even the packaging of their products- the cheap feel of the Pre is unacceptable. It is shoddy crap and noticed by all users after a few minutes. Even my wife and sister who both have the Pre asked me on day 1 if there was something wrong with theirs. Terrible.

Hopefully the pixie is solid. It should be.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    No matter how long the phone is out for...its not going to completely rework the poor quality of the phones hardware themselves. after working as the technician in a few Sprint and Nextel service center for almost 8 years i've come to realize that no matter how great a phone seems, theirs only so much the company building them will do to fix them after release. sure they will add some "fix" here or their like the bandaid for the battery, the LG rumor did exactly the same thing for their LCD ribbon sliders, same with the Rants....the Oreo problem will still be around in the coming years, screens will still crack, phones will still reboot or power off and get no service here and their. if the phone is not built sufficient from the get-go then thats about all its gonna get besides software updates. I had to sell off my Pre for the horrid build quality problems and now own a Hero after my Mytouch and 2 G1 were still rocking along great. HTC build excellent phones, Palm used to also but after the Pre I think its alll downhill from here.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed View Post
    Its a great phone and a very promising OS, but it is simply not there as an enterprise level device yet.
    but sadly, the pre simply falls short in too many ways to be a muture enterprise level product.

-MJD
    You know, this is the problem with these proclamations by folks unhappy with a device, system, OS, whatever. While this may be true for you, it is not universally true. Failure to meet your expectations and needs does not disqualify it as an "enterprise level device", nor as an "enterprise level product".
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    Shouldn't this be in the "I returned my Pre" thread?
    Right now I am using an old blackberry 8830 and the thing is so solid and nice in comparison.

It is really too bad Palm accepted this quality. I dont see any improvements either- I have seen 2 new Pres with later build dates that are worse than the one I got at launch.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
    Quote Originally Posted by Les Anderson View Post
    It is shoddy crap and noticed by all users after a few minutes. Even my wife and sister who both have the Pre asked me on day 1 if there was something wrong with theirs. Terrible.

Hopefully the pixie is solid. It should be.
    All users? Really, you sure it's noticed by all users?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    All users? Really, you sure it's noticed by all users?

I don't think that word means what you think it means.
    You right- just 100% of the 8 or so pre owners I know. I suppose these magic models with no oreo and stellar battery life do exist somewhere. Just not where I seem to live.
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeBitObsessed View Post
    I'm not going to stay with Sprint (I needed an Airrave to get decent service here in NYC midtown) Even though Sprint is SO much cheaper; I'll nurse a BBRY TOUR on Verizon until I find a device that works. Ironically, the 755p with Goodlink performs as well a blackberry does, I'm not sure why I wont just use that again, but it just feels a little stale.
    You don't get service where you are in Midtown??? Do you live in the subway or something. There isn't one place in NYC that I lost service in EXCEPT for the subway. In my apartment in Queens I have full bars. Everywhere I went in Manhattan I had full bars.

Perhaps you got a funky phone!?
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You know, this is the problem with these proclamations by folks unhappy with a device, system, OS, whatever. While this may be true for you, it is not universally true. Failure to meet your expectations and needs does not disqualify it as an "enterprise level device", nor as an "enterprise level product".
    So true. I purchased a Pre the day it was released and returned it within three weeks because it didn't meet my needs at that time.

I've come full circle and came back to the Pre two weeks ago. Between the enhancements Palm has released with the upgrades and homebrew apps, I'm having a blast and getting some serious work done.

My point is that most of these comments of a device not being ready to get work done is usually a user merely ready for something new. I'm constantly guilty of that myself.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dead78 View Post
    wow really? manhattan is one of the few places my Pre works perfectly.
    Same here, my Pre works perfectly in Manhattan. Full bars and very fast internet speeds.
    I was shocked myself to see a MOD write a "Why I quit the Pre" thread.

For one thing you're adding work for yourself when you have to move it to the big thread like all the others

Ya notice how all the usuals dont just rip into the Mod like others with posts like, "Why does everyone feel they have to post a new thread on 'Why I quit the Pre' when there is a big thread to post to that no one will read and rightfully so because you are a loser now go play with your iPhone!" Guess that's the perks of being a MOD

This is a big thing... This is like Biden leaving Obama... Like Bush leaving Cheney ... Like Tenille leaving The Captain!!!!

Say it ain't so Joe!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Hmm...too many bad things being said here about the Pre by rational and knowledgeable people. It's time for this discussion to be buried in another large thread so everyone can act like it never existed.
    It does not really matter if he is a moderator or not.

All moderators here are volunteers and are members of this forum and like a number of people, are looking for the version of the smart phones that would satisfy his current needs and exceeds them whenever possible.

He posts his own experiences and opinion and if that mirrors your experience, it is what it is. He is posting what he believes in.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Hmm...too many bad things being said here about the Pre by rational and knowledgeable people. It's time for this discussion to be buried in another large thread so everyone can act like it never existed.
    ha
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawandvital View Post
    You don't get service where you are in Midtown??? Do you live in the subway or something. There isn't one place in NYC that I lost service in EXCEPT for the subway. In my apartment in Queens I have full bars. Everywhere I went in Manhattan I had full bars.

Perhaps you got a funky phone!?
    I actually get service everywhere but my office, really had nothing to do with leaving sprint, we are in a veritable fortress and almost noone has signal
    I bought the Pre on launch day and it is a let down for business. It definitely is not for a business user like the previous Treo's that I have had. It cant even sync my tasks in Outlook. The only thing I like is the true multi-tasking and navigation. It is very slow to pull up the call log and overall it lags a lot. Basically its a fun little cool toy for a consumer phone. I would NOT call it a PDA phone as it it has no place in the business world. Its a shame too because I have owned several Treo's in the past and they were great for business. Unfortunately I am going back to the WinMobile platform.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy123 View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I love my Pre, but look at what's going on - average joes are creating homebrew applications that allow you to do things like categorize your contacts, change your alert tones, scrub through your mp3s and more...things the Pre is SUPPOSED to do from the start. What is Palm doing? And you could even say "They're probably working on their own solutions to these issues", but seriously...if the average joe could come up with a fix in a matter of days, why aren't we getting updates from Palm? If the story is "They're gathering 50 different fixes together for one update", then split them up - I'll take a mandatory update that fixes 5 things each week. I just want to know that they're doing SOMETHING.

Who's making the Pre - Palm or its users?
    yeah....I don't know why there isn't a video cam app......I do not like the idea of a cam app that we have to pay for....palm should tell us when it is going to give us one...
    I give you $45.00 for pre