View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 51 of 225 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 4493
  1. #1001  
    my iPhone 3GS lasts about a day. If I use it normally throughout the day for web browsing, email and text and a few calls I will get 8-12 hours. If I use the GPS the battery drains very fast. It depends on your usage. I don't have a Pre, but I would imaging it is similar in the way of use.
  2. #1002  
    Quote Originally Posted by chienandalusia View Post
    And I don't understand why people can't stand dissenting opinion?

    FWIW when I read online reviews to assess a product I immediately skip to the "cons" or negative reviews because it provides a full perspective.

    "this is the best widget ever!" doesn't really help anything.
    It has nothing to do with "dissenting opinion". The comment about being "rid of this cheap toy" is the dead giveaway. Nothing wrong with the OP expressing his displeasure over his personal experience; however, declaring it a "cheap toy" based solely on his personal experience is, at best, a show of tremendous egomania. More likely, in light of the fact that it's his single post on this forum, it's an indicator of... Yes, I'll say it ... a troll.
  3. #1003  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    Do you think joining a Pre forum for the sole purpose of saying "i can't wait to get my iPhone" is anything less than trolling?
    I dont see a problem with venting on an open public forum, no matter the manner or intensity

    Youre free to interpret someone's opinion as you see fit

    If 100/100 people told me iphone is the greatest thing in the world, I would have bought one.

    (Its probably the opinion of 98/100 people, yet Im still holding on to my Pre, despite everythin ive read about oreos, light leakage, screen crackage, etc...)
  4. #1004  
    1.) Troll

    2.) You must've had some amazing phones in the past, cuz there's really nothing that compares to the Pre, the iPhone is a joke comparitivly.

    3.) 1% of apps from the iPhone? If you took the best apps that will provided you usefulness beyond a.. "oh yeah that's neat" and then never open it again, you'd be lucky to find enough to count on your fingers.

    4.) Troll

    5.) Could we please get the ability to delete these threads?
  5. #1005  
    Quote Originally Posted by chienandalusia View Post
    I dont see a problem with venting on an open public forum, no matter the manner or intensity

    Youre free to interpret someone's opinion as you see fit

    If 100/100 people told me iphone is the greatest thing in the world, I would have bought one.

    (Its probably the opinion of 98/100 people, yet Im still holding on to my Pre, despite everythin ive read about oreos, light leakage, screen crackage, etc...)
    So if I joined an iPhone forum saying the Pre is the best phone ever, I wouldn't be trolling?
  6. #1006  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elysian893 View Post
    So if I joined an iPhone forum saying the Pre is the best phone ever, I wouldn't be trolling?
    well he didnt come here saying the iphone was the best, but yes you would be trolling, he isnt, he is simply stating his distaste of the pre, and he has given his reasons.
  7. #1007  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    Not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that going through all the trouble of finding and registering for a web forum that is dedicated to a specific device, and making that kind of post as your first/last/only post is not "dissenting opinion."

    It's being a troll.

    As for "intolerance is intolerance," that's actually the most pointless statement I've read on this forum.

    Personally, I am absolutely intolerant of rapists. I do not tolerate them on any level, and would in fact do very illegal things to one, should one practice his trade on someone I cared about.

    By your logic, that is the same as being intolerant of a particular race or lifestyle, after all, intolerance is intolerance.


    Now, back to my earlier point about mischievous rodents, anybody here a big fan of possums? They're so cute when they're at least 10 feet away and not snarling.






    My least favorite word on the internet - "troll". Thrown about by those who are insecure about their opinions and cannot tolerate others. If that original person makes 10 initial posts exalting how pretty the phone's form factor is, does it then validate their later complaint about battery life?

    My biggest pet peave on internet: how defensive people can become and how expressive they are about it

    But im done with forum politics. Just waiting for the new homebrew installer on wo1.2
  8. #1008  
    Quote Originally Posted by chienandalusia View Post
    My least favorite word on the internet - "troll". Thrown about by those who are insecure about their opinions and cannot tolerate others. If that original person makes 10 initial posts exalting how pretty the phone's form factor is, does it then validate their later complaint about battery life?

    My biggest pet peave on internet: how defensive people can become and how expressive they are about it

    But im done with forum politics. Just waiting for the new homebrew installer on wo1.2



    (PS and cracked apps )
  9. #1009  
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I love that the profanity filters don't block biatch, but they do block my last name because the first 4 letters spell a word that was used as a racial slur in the deep south 40 years ago, even though most people under the age of 35 would just assume you were talking about a furry animal with a big ringed tail, and a little robber mask pattern in the fur on it's face, and a penchant for raiding trash cans.
    gasp....u RACIST
  10. #1010  
    Quote Originally Posted by chienandalusia View Post
    And I don't understand why people can't stand dissenting opinion?

    FWIW when I read online reviews to assess a product I immediately skip to the "cons" or negative reviews because it provides a full perspective.

    "this is the best widget ever!" doesn't really help anything.
    I welcome dissenting opinions. I, like you, always skip to the negative reviews of a product before considering a purchase.

    That was not my point.


    This guy registered and posted simply to make a horrible post on the Pre, knowing it would incite this.

    Again, that's like me driving a Honda Accord, hating it, joining the Honda forum and registering, and post a ridiculous "My god Honda blows, this car gets horrible MPG, horrible acceleration, my friend has an Altima and it blows it away".

    That is what i do not understand, who would do that? Unless they were a troll.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."
  11. klbjr's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #1011  
    Here we go again. How much longer can you guys keep defending Palm and this phone? I mean come on! The whole "It's a new phone/OS" excuse has grown very old. The fact of the matter is, since this phone's release Palm hasn't contibuted 1 useful update. Not 1! Everything exciting about this phone has come from Homebrew/WebOS Quick Install apps and tweaks. From the consumers. "Blinking notifications", "Animated Menus"...Whoop Dee F-ing Doo!!! We can download & copy text/pics from the browser now...so can almost every other smartphone on the market! We can listen to Pandora while navigating? Maybe you have heard of a little invention called a car stereo. Who f-ing cares. Who uses their phone for a stereo anyway? What is that putting out? .05 RMS? Be serious.

    Palm has done 1 thing right. They gave the consumers with a understanding of Linux, a canvas to paint on so to speak. They have made us Palm employees (without salaries) by letting us fix and improve on their phone/OS for them. The Pre is starting to look up, but it's not from anything Palm has actually done. Thanks go out to all of the regular people out there who have taken the time to program apps/games and come up with tweaks and patches for the Pre. Without you guys this phone wouldn't be worth the plastic it's made of!
  12. strudel's Avatar
    Posts
    190 Posts
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    #1012  
    Quote Originally Posted by NickDG View Post
    The speed bump alone makes me love the 1.2 update.

    If this is another thread about lack of features, like video recording, hang tight. When the catalog opens it's flood gates I have a feeling a video recording application will be in there. Just a hunch.
    +1 about the speed bump, I LOVE how the animations of the OS stay silky smooth whether I have 1 card open or 12 cards open.

    I will admit that I miss all the tweaks, especially the battery percentage and email and SMS in landscape. I'm sure those will be back with the next version of WebOS Quickinstall though
  13. #1013  
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    We can listen to Pandora while navigating? Maybe you have heard of a little invention called a car stereo. Who f-ing cares. Who uses their phone for a stereo anyway? What is that putting out? .05 RMS? Be serious.
    uh, seriously, you think people are using the pre *instead* of the car stereo and using the little speaker? we use the pre *with* the car stereo via the audio jack, and use the car's amp and speakers, eh?
  14. klbjr's Avatar
    Posts
    75 Posts
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    #1014  
    Quote Originally Posted by PoundSand View Post
    uh, seriously, you think people are using the pre *instead* of the car stereo and using the little speaker? we use the pre *with* the car stereo via the audio jack, and use the car's amp and speakers, eh?
    I was making a point of how useless the ability is. Well maybe not useless but just how many people are actually using their Pre to navigate and listen to Pandora at the same time? Now compare that to the amount of people who would love to be able to forward a text, or voice dial a number, or shoot a 20 or 30 sec video and a slew of other things that the majority of smartphones on the market can do and have been doing for years. Including other Palm phones. Things that this phone can't do and judging by Palm's efforts, will never be able to do unless someone figures out a app, tweak or patch that will enable it. Palm seems happy with giving us animated menus & blinking notifications. What will we get with the next update? Maybe when someone calls, confetti will shoot out the speaker or something else cosmetic and useless. Glad to know that Palm is putting our money to work...on absolutely f-ing nothing!!!

    Funny thing is, after hating this phone for the first 3 months or so, I was just starting to like it. With the way the Homebrew scene took off and with people coming up with tweaks and patches to enhance or at least bring it on level with other smartphones. I was really starting to come around, but after another useless update Palm has turned me against it again. I wish they would just leave it alone and move on to something else. Let the people continue to make the phone for them since they obviously have no freaking clue as to what to do with the Pre.
  15. #1015  
    Quote Originally Posted by klbjr View Post
    I was making a point of how useless the ability is. Well maybe not useless but just how many people are actually using their Pre to navigate and listen to Pandora at the same time? Now compare that to the amount of people who would love to be able to forward a text, or voice dial a number, or shoot a 20 or 30 sec video and a slew of other things that the majority of smartphones on the market can do and have been doing for years. Including other Palm phones. Things that this phone can't do and judging by Palm's efforts, will never be able to do unless someone figures out a app, tweak or patch that will enable it. Palm seems happy with giving us animated menus & blinking notifications. What will we get with the next update? Maybe when someone calls, confetti will shoot out the speaker or something else cosmetic and useless. Glad to know that Palm is putting our money to work...on absolutely f-ing nothing!!!

    Funny thing is, after hating this phone for the first 3 months or so, I was just starting to like it. With the way the Homebrew scene took off and with people coming up with tweaks and patches to enhance or at least bring it on level with other smartphones. I was really starting to come around, but after another useless update Palm has turned me against it again. I wish they would just leave it alone and move on to something else. Let the people continue to make the phone for them since they obviously have no freaking clue as to what to do with the Pre.


    Oh my God! get over yourself, I dare you to name one device that does everything the Pre does, as well as the pre does it and all the other stuff you say a SLEW of other phones do.

    Its not your money its Palms money and they can do what they want with it.


    Are you Mental?
  16. stockh's Avatar
    Posts
    401 Posts
    Global Posts
    403 Global Posts
    #1016  
    I'm sure features and apps will eventually come but I think it's a stretch calling the pre a smartphone. To carry the prestige of being called a smartphone I would expect the following features:

    A file manager to allow you to view/move/copy files, create/delete directories.
    An office suite (spreadsheet,word processing, etc) that allows create, edit, etc....
    Basically it needs to mimic some functions of a personal computer.

    I'm confident that these functions will eventually come but until they do I'm afraid I will demote the Pre to a Cell Phone w/internet access.
  17. Gompers's Avatar
    Posts
    124 Posts
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    #1017  
    Thank you for defining what a smartphone is.

    I was kinda murky on that.
  18. #1018  
    now i get it, kinda like a flash drive with a keyboard...
    All these Smartphones I have been buying for 10 years and i was wrong..
  19. #1019  
    Quote Originally Posted by stockh View Post
    I'm sure features and apps will eventually come but I think it's a stretch calling the pre a smartphone. To carry the prestige of being called a smartphone I would expect the following features:

    A file manager to allow you to view/move/copy files, create/delete directories.
    An office suite (spreadsheet,word processing, etc) that allows create, edit, etc....
    Basically it needs to mimic some functions of a personal computer.

    I'm confident that these functions will eventually come but until they do I'm afraid I will demote the Pre to a Cell Phone w/internet access.
    1.) A file manager to allow you to view/move/copy files, create/delete directories. - Also requires FileMgr Service.

    2.) An office suite that allows create / edit is on its way, as soon as DocsToGo releases it. They've already said that it's coming eventually.
  20. #1020  
    ok master because you say that is what makes a smartphone then thats it , no go get what you want and leave us alone
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions