View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 50 of 225 FirstFirst ... 40454647484950515253545560100150 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    I still do not understand why people feel the need to come to a forum dedicated to a product and proceed to blast the product.

Anytime i have ever bought something and found that i did not like it, or it did not work for me, I simply returned/exchanged it.

I do not like Skittles. After trying Skittles, i never found the need to get on a soapbox somewhere and blast the product. I was intelligent enough to realize that just like every other product, some people will love it, some people will hate it, some people will be indifferent. It's all a matter of personal taste.

So i did what a normal rational person would do, and never bought Skittles again.

Same goes for the Pre. I personally love the Pre, but am not blind to its shortcomings. However, it works for me. If the Pre does not work for you, and it clearly does not, simply return it and procure a phone that fits your lifestyle. It's really that simple.

Some people just like to biatch to silence the second or third voice in there head
    Quote Originally Posted by zarono View Post
    After two months of owning this phone I have had enough. I have owned quite a few phones over the years, and my Pre is by far the worst excuse for a phone I have ever seen.

Today in the span of one hour, I had four dropped calls and one call that the sound quality was so bad that I had to use a land line. All five of these calls were important, and all were made or received in an area that should have had excellent service. Since I have owned this phone it has dropped more calls than any other phone that I have owned.

My list of complaints include:
    • Poor sound quality. The speaker on this phone sounds as though it was made to be placed in a kids toy.
    • Poor build quality. This is my second phone, the first one was damaged by my own negligence, but neither phone's build quality would be what I expect in a phone at the Pre's price.
    • Poor battery life. A coworker of mine has an iPhone that he uses about as much as I do mine. His battery lasts 2-3 days. My Pre will not even make it through an 8 hour workday.
    • Delays and lag. My phone, as well as my first phone, both have irritating little delays that sometimes result in losing a call or making it very difficult to navigate call trees in automated calls.
    • Aps. Come on, 112 aps!!! It would be nice to have even 1% of the aps iPhone has.
    • No ability to view PDF docs. Maybe there is a way to do this, but when I saw the "PDF Viewer" program on the phone I assumed it would simply work. I don't have the time or desire to research how to do something that should already work.

This is a short list of my complaints of this phone, I could go on and on, but the real deal breaker for me is the sound quality and dropped calls. I simply cannot hear people, and they can't hear me. I can't wait to get my iPhone and be rid of this cheap toy.
    you went through the registering process to make one post and this was it...you should have taken the time to research before you bought the phone as you did when you got mad at the phone. Dropped calls are mostly service issues..I have never had a droppped call yet. Missed a call yes because of the phone lag, but it seems as if 1.2 has sped this up..
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Some people just like to biatch to silence the second or third voice in there head
    I love that the profanity filters don't block biatch, but they do block my last name because the first 4 letters spell a word that was used as a racial slur in the deep south 40 years ago, even though most people under the age of 35 would just assume you were talking about a furry animal with a big ringed tail, and a little robber mask pattern in the fur on it's face, and a penchant for raiding trash cans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian_Rucci View Post
    obviously your experiencing your own problems but my pre can last 1-2 days without a charge. My friends Iphone has similiar battery ; pdf viewer works fine (Place file on phone and view it?) My phone has no lag or problems with it nor do many others.

Honestly, if your having such a problem just go to AT&T and buy an Iphone, and thus pay so much more.
    Do you do anything on your phone for it to lasts 1-2 days? I'm pretty sure nobody else has their battery last that long. I don't agree completely with this guy, but there is no way.
  5. 8er
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    The pre is both the most problematic and the best phone I have owned. I am on my Third Pre and about to have the 4th one.

I really do not want to give up the pre up because it does a lot. The battery life is as good as my old Samsung blade [sph900a]. Both of them are pathetic.

I do think you are whining like a little girl when it comes to the number of applications. WTH. The pre has been out for months, not years.

Bottom line, congrats on your first post!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoTitans View Post
    What I really want to know is how you have 112 apps? I only have 97.
    It's really quite simple, he doesn't own a Pre. A single post, registering on a forum to slag a phone, and not even having facts on his side, he doesn't know what he's talking about, because he doesn't own it.
    Shall i say the T word?
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    the iphone is a battery ***** as well! lol....what would you upgrade to? Battery life is an issue on all smart phones that use GPS, Internet, bright Screens etc.......man what a baby....go downgrade yourself!!!!
    please don't say the t word. Haven't seen the word in days, and I am sleeping better
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    I still do not understand why people feel the need to come to a forum dedicated to a product and proceed to blast the product.
    And I don't understand why people can't stand dissenting opinion?

FWIW when I read online reviews to assess a product I immediately skip to the "cons" or negative reviews because it provides a full perspective.

"this is the best widget ever!" doesn't really help anything.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    If your friend told you his iPhone battery lasts 2-3 days without charging, he lied. I came from an iPhone and I would have to charge it every night.
    Quote Originally Posted by showmrock View Post
    the iphone is a battery ***** as well! lol....what would you upgrade to? Battery life is an issue on all smart phones that use GPS, Internet, bright Screens etc.......man what a baby....go downgrade yourself!!!!
    Not to mention one of the biggest complaints of the iPhone is sound quality, while one of the universal praises of the Pre has been sound quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by chienandalusia View Post
    And I don't understand why people can't stand dissenting opinion?
    I'm all for reading and discussing dissenting opinions, but when your first and only post is this loud, and this negative, and gives no opportunity for people to help you, it's not dissenting opinion, it's *****ing.
    Quote Originally Posted by fitzla View Post
    If your friend told you his iPhone battery lasts 2-3 days without charging, he lied. I came from an iPhone and I would have to charge it every night.
    there's an apps for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by VeeDubb65 View Post
    I'm all for reading and discussing dissenting opinions, but when your first and only post is this loud, and this negative, and gives no opportunity for people to help you, it's not dissenting opinion, it's *****ing.
    so one cannot post "loudly" nor criticize without prefacing with praise?

intolerance is intolerance

Do you think joining a Pre forum for the sole purpose of saying "i can't wait to get my iPhone" is anything less than trolling?
    I am neither pro-Pre or pro-iPhone, but my iPod touch lasts no more than 7 hours with moderate usage. My Pre can go a whole day with constant e-mailing and texting.

With that being said, I'd still want an iPhone over the Pre if it wasn't on AT&T's craptastic network.

Not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is that going through all the trouble of finding and registering for a web forum that is dedicated to a specific device, and making that kind of post as your first/last/only post is not "dissenting opinion."

It's being a troll.

As for "intolerance is intolerance," that's actually the most pointless statement I've read on this forum.

Personally, I am absolutely intolerant of rapists. I do not tolerate them on any level, and would in fact do very illegal things to one, should one practice his trade on someone I cared about.

By your logic, that is the same as being intolerant of a particular race or lifestyle, after all, intolerance is intolerance.

Now, back to my earlier point about mischievous rodents, anybody here a big fan of possums? They're so cute when they're at least 10 feet away and not snarling.
    Quote Originally Posted by zarono View Post
    after two months of owning this phone i have had enough. I have owned quite a few phones over the years, and my pre is by far the worst excuse for a phone i have ever seen.

Today in the span of one hour, i had four dropped calls and one call that the sound quality was so bad that i had to use a land line. All five of these calls were important, and all were made or received in an area that should have had excellent service. Since i have owned this phone it has dropped more calls than any other phone that i have owned.

My list of complaints include:
    • poor sound quality. The speaker on this phone sounds as though it was made to be placed in a kids toy.
    • poor build quality. This is my second phone, the first one was damaged by my own negligence, but neither phone's build quality would be what i expect in a phone at the pre's price.
    • poor battery life. A coworker of mine has an iphone that he uses about as much as i do mine. His battery lasts 2-3 days. My pre will not even make it through an 8 hour workday.
    • delays and lag. My phone, as well as my first phone, both have irritating little delays that sometimes result in losing a call or making it very difficult to navigate call trees in automated calls.
    • aps. Come on, 112 aps!!! It would be nice to have even 1% of the aps iphone has.
    • no ability to view pdf docs. Maybe there is a way to do this, but when i saw the "pdf viewer" program on the phone i assumed it would simply work. I don't have the time or desire to research how to do something that should already work.

this is a short list of my complaints of this phone, i could go on and on, but the real deal breaker for me is the sound quality and dropped calls. I simply cannot hear people, and they can't hear me. I can't wait to get my iphone and be rid of this cheap toy.
    [cough]troll!![/cough]
    what are you in this thread if you dont like it? so fanboyish that you have to defedn the product so badly?

we love the pre yes, BUT, whats the point in giving yuor internet lvies for it? its JUST a phone, (albeit great one )