View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 49 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3944454647484950515253545999149 ... LastLast
Results 961 to 980 of 4493
  1. primal's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    #961  
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    Wouldn't the light bar in the Pixi gesture area be the equivalent to the Pre's light.
    I agree. I think the pixie has a sort of horizontal slit light in the same location as the Pre's button light. It's just not a button.
  2. #962  
    Quote Originally Posted by shea0101 View Post
    Im tired of all you people, when someone makes a valid point about the slow process of palm and how they definitely messed up by not having basic features on the Pre you guys defend palm. Look I love my Pre its amazing but c'mon seriously. Instead of defending palm we need to complain to send the message that we are unhappy with little issues.

    Step ya game up PALM
    Yet i still Love ya Pre
    it's not about 'defending' palm. some of us just realize the realities of software development, so saying "step up palm," is a essentially meaningless statement. they make tradeoffs with the resources they have, and one of those tradeoffs was obviously leaving off some "basic features" like video recording, as that feature, by itself, obviously doesn't hamper sales (what palm is really trying to do here- sell the damn thing to keep the company alive) if the overall experience is good.

    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    What people have not realized is why Palm has kept it disabled! I did figure it out and it's real easy.

    This software is also meant to be put on a Pixie and the Pixie does NOT have the stupid button, they took it out because they realized it's useless in most cases.

    Will I turn it on, yes, but can you see why Palm would keep it disabled, it's because of the Pixie.

    IMHO!

    Rob
    sorry rob, you didn't figure out jack. the pixi has a light in the notification area.
  3. #963  
    I agree with shea, it is not the consumers fault that palm and sprint wanted to release the phone before the iphone 3gs was released all of this tweaking should've been done before it was released because phones only have a 2 year shelf life as a consumer I am unhappy with the pace that palm is moving along. I too love my pre for it's potential and it being the best phone sprint has but palm needs to step it up and if nobody vents their frustrations and instead does nothing but praise the phone than palm will slow down their efforts assuming that the consumers are content with their phones. It should not be the consumers responsebility to hack and tweak their phones, just because most of us are not techies does not mean we should not be allowed the luxury of a useful smartphone.
  4. #964  
    Thank you for your teenager spelling....does wonders for your credibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by savage_973 View Post
    • when palm released the pre it was suppose to compete w/ the iphone 3g
    • not the iphone 2g
    • palm did i good job in making a phone better than the iphone 2g but fell short in winning over the 3g
    • ppl keep sayin it took apple 3 yrs to do this, an do that... well palm has been making the same phone since the treo 600... the treo 650-700-755-centro were the exact same phone just different bodies
    • ok iphone just got mms and video recording. ok fine but why make a phone that can compete rather than win... i play basketball and i kno that when im practicing i dont practice so i can compete with other players i practice so i can win.
    • it almost reminds of the instinct (ok sry that was a low blow)
    • yet i kno you get the point...


    i love my pre
    hate the tech support love my precentral family
  5. #965  
    After two months of owning this phone I have had enough. I have owned quite a few phones over the years, and my Pre is by far the worst excuse for a phone I have ever seen.

    Today in the span of one hour, I had four dropped calls and one call that the sound quality was so bad that I had to use a land line. All five of these calls were important, and all were made or received in an area that should have had excellent service. Since I have owned this phone it has dropped more calls than any other phone that I have owned.

    My list of complaints include:
    • Poor sound quality. The speaker on this phone sounds as though it was made to be placed in a kids toy.
    • Poor build quality. This is my second phone, the first one was damaged by my own negligence, but neither phone's build quality would be what I expect in a phone at the Pre's price.
    • Poor battery life. A coworker of mine has an iPhone that he uses about as much as I do mine. His battery lasts 2-3 days. My Pre will not even make it through an 8 hour workday.
    • Delays and lag. My phone, as well as my first phone, both have irritating little delays that sometimes result in losing a call or making it very difficult to navigate call trees in automated calls.
    • Aps. Come on, 112 aps!!! It would be nice to have even 1% of the aps iPhone has.
    • No ability to view PDF docs. Maybe there is a way to do this, but when I saw the "PDF Viewer" program on the phone I assumed it would simply work. I don't have the time or desire to research how to do something that should already work.


    This is a short list of my complaints of this phone, I could go on and on, but the real deal breaker for me is the sound quality and dropped calls. I simply cannot hear people, and they can't hear me. I can't wait to get my iPhone and be rid of this cheap toy.
  6. #966  
    yeah i drop alot of calls also,more than any phone i ever owned.and really,i think more than my old primeco phone.i think it should of been recalled over this personally.
  7. #967  
    Quote Originally Posted by zarono View Post
    After two months of owning this phone I have had enough. I have owned quite a few phones over the years, and my Pre is by far the worst excuse for a phone I have ever seen.

    Today in the span of one hour, I had four dropped calls and one call that the sound quality was so bad that I had to use a land line. All five of these calls were important, and all were made or received in an area that should have had excellent service. Since I have owned this phone it has dropped more calls than any other phone that I have owned.

    My list of complaints include:
    • Poor sound quality. The speaker on this phone sounds as though it was made to be placed in a kids toy.
    • Poor build quality. This is my second phone, the first one was damaged by my own negligence, but neither phone's build quality would be what I expect in a phone at the Pre's price.
    • Poor battery life. A coworker of mine has an iPhone that he uses about as much as I do mine. His battery lasts 2-3 days. My Pre will not even make it through an 8 hour workday.
    • Delays and lag. My phone, as well as my first phone, both have irritating little delays that sometimes result in losing a call or making it very difficult to navigate call trees in automated calls.
    • Aps. Come on, 112 aps!!! It would be nice to have even 1% of the aps iPhone has.
    • No ability to view PDF docs. Maybe there is a way to do this, but when I saw the "PDF Viewer" program on the phone I assumed it would simply work. I don't have the time or desire to research how to do something that should already work.


    This is a short list of my complaints of this phone, I could go on and on, but the real deal breaker for me is the sound quality and dropped calls. I simply cannot hear people, and they can't hear me. I can't wait to get my iPhone and be rid of this cheap toy.
    Take it back and get out and dont come back you cry baby ! Come back with that iphone and I'll shove it up your
  8. Jaer57's Avatar
    Posts
    160 Posts
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    #968  
    See ya!
  9. #969  
    Call quality is probably specific to your locality

    Im sitting at maximum bars here at work, and 2-4 at home.
  10. #970  
    obviously your experiencing your own problems but my pre can last 1-2 days without a charge. My friends Iphone has similiar battery ; pdf viewer works fine (Place file on phone and view it?) My phone has no lag or problems with it nor do many others.

    Honestly, if your having such a problem just go to AT&T and buy an Iphone, and thus pay so much more.
  11. #971  
    I don't want to add to the list but does anyone find themselves roaming more frequent than other phones.

    your issues are valid in one sense but service related things are on sprints side. The build quality...well that's just something you take or leave. We all know about it, but you'll find a lot of people will ignore it.

    pdf seem to only work if you download and then open the app and open the file. Doesn't make sense. I agree. I don't know if this was fixed in 1.2
  12. #972  
    Quote Originally Posted by thetruth View Post
    i don't want to add to the list but does anyone find themselves roaming more frequent than other phones.

    Your issues are valid in one sense but service related things are on sprints side. The build quality...well that's just something you take or leave. We all know about it, but you'll find a lot of people will ignore it.
    my phone wont roam !!!!!!!!!!!
  13. #973  
    LOL iphone lasting 3 days. Does he only turn it on when he makes a call and then shuts it off?
  14. #974  
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Take it back and get out and dont come back you cry baby ! Come back with that iphone and I'll shove it up your
    I'm a "cry baby" for wanting to be able to hear on my phone? I have a cheap Virgin Mobile that I keep in my car for emergencies. It not only has much better call quality, it never drops calls and I use it in 5-6 states while traveling and it works flawlessly. I guess I am a cry baby for wanting my $200 phone to work better than my $19 throw-away.
  15. #975  
    What I really want to know is how you have 112 apps? I only have 97.
  16. #976  
    Quote Originally Posted by Damian_Rucci View Post
    ... pdf viewer works fine
    Can you make text 'wrap around'?? because the lack of this feature, or my lack of knowing how to implement it, make the pdf viewer worthless to me
    PalmOS Treos: 90/300/600/650/700/755/launch day Pre minus/ Evo/Epic
  17. #977  
    Quote Originally Posted by eekinsman View Post
    Can you make text 'wrap around'?? because the lack of this feature, or my lack of knowing how to implement it, make the pdf viewer worthless to me
    PDF isn't typically reflowable. That's the point of it. What you see is what you get, no matter where you look at it.

    That's not a Palm flaw.
  18. #978  
    Enjoy those fees on that other phone. WebOs is in it's early stages and will be and already is a nice phone. If you have poor reception I cannot argue. This would be a Sprint issue. However, myself and lots of other people disagree with you on the phone. Thanks for the one & out post though.
  19. #979  
    I want to know how you people make your Pre last 1-2 days w/o a charge. I can leave it in my house, barely use data (with no voice), get 5 bars of coverage continuously, and by 11 p.m. it's already below 20%. All this hoopla with turning this and that off is useless - the damn EVDO radio is the biggest killer. I tried airplane mode overnight once and only lost 4% during that whole time. Simply amazing. My work Samsung Jack has the best battery life of any 3G phone I've seen...after a whole day it's still @ 75%.

    Oh, and I never leave cards open when I'm not using it.
  20. #980  
    I still do not understand why people feel the need to come to a forum dedicated to a product and proceed to blast the product.

    Anytime i have ever bought something and found that i did not like it, or it did not work for me, I simply returned/exchanged it.

    I do not like Skittles. After trying Skittles, i never found the need to get on a soapbox somewhere and blast the product. I was intelligent enough to realize that just like every other product, some people will love it, some people will hate it, some people will be indifferent. It's all a matter of personal taste.

    So i did what a normal rational person would do, and never bought Skittles again.

    Same goes for the Pre. I personally love the Pre, but am not blind to its shortcomings. However, it works for me. If the Pre does not work for you, and it clearly does not, simply return it and procure a phone that fits your lifestyle. It's really that simple.
    "Last edited by ChappyEight; 09/24/2009 at 11:51 AM. Reason: To bow to zeravla."

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions