View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 47 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3742434445464748495051525797147 ... LastLast
Results 921 to 940 of 4493
  1. mk3
    mk3 is offline
    mk3's Avatar
    Posts
    575 Posts
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    #921  
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    Go Back to your mogul then

    NEVER!!!
  2. #922  
    Quote Originally Posted by awrnsmn View Post
    I agree with the Hero as an option. Going to AT&T with their prices and a new baby, finding a phone for yourself on Sprint may be a good way to go. Expecially now with unlimited mobile to any mobile.
    I'm not sure about the Hero option; but any option that works and keeps your costs down is something to look at. Because the 8GB is also an issue for you, I mentioned the Nano. That thing is smaller than a card and would never be too much to carry and it comes w/o the AT & T data costs.

    I don't know about the size of the Hero, but the size of my old Treo was a bear and if you start getting into big cell phones again, that doesn't work either.

    I just don't want you to miss out on those precious shots while you make your decision and I don't think the Nano is a device that will go to waste. You'll be able to hook it up to the TV or laptop and watch videos anywhere.

    According to cost analysis, the iPhone costs an extra 1200 or more per year. That's funds you could be spending on your new baby girl. Remember she's a girl, you'll need those extra pennies (ha, ha).
  3. #923  
    With the update, it brought to my attention again how much these volume/ringer settings bother me.

    I mean, why can't there be one set of options (and I mean EVERYTHING, ring type, volume, tone, vibrate) for the phone ringer, one set for the texts, one for the emails, and one for the ****ing alarm?

    Now I have to go to bed confused and worried whether the damn alarm is going to go off, because I set it the way I thought it should be (sound & vibrate) and its only vibrating.

    It could be so simple.
  4. #924  
    I think you should visit Skyscape website before taking decision. They have ipod touch device with the products on less price. All the products are available as native version so you do not need Wi-Fi while accessing the product.
  5. T3CK's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    423 Global Posts
    #925  
    Skyscape is offering medical resources and tools for Palm Pre, your needed programs are not listed?
    Floren Munteanu
    why queued - My blog
  6. #926  
    Quote Originally Posted by T3CK View Post
    Skyscape is offering medical resources and tools for Palm Pre, your needed programs are not listed?
    Thats for the Classic. No true Webos support yet, however Lexicom will be releasing apps soon see Medical & Dental Software for the Palm Pre - Lexi-Comp

    I am sure Skyscape will follow suit soon as well

    Also for a Drug app use the Drug view app in our homebrew app section and for a calc use MediPDA from the Homebrew/official app catalogue
  7. #927  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMatrix31 View Post
    With the update, it brought to my attention again how much these volume/ringer settings bother me.

    I mean, why can't there be one set of options (and I mean EVERYTHING, ring type, volume, tone, vibrate) for the phone ringer, one set for the texts, one for the emails, and one for the ****ing alarm?

    Now I have to go to bed confused and worried whether the damn alarm is going to go off, because I set it the way I thought it should be (sound & vibrate) and its only vibrating.

    It could be so simple.
    Agreed - three months, three updates, we should be able to set ringtones and volumes separately for various notifications. I'm a server administrator who MUST be awakened overnight if I receive a server outage text, and there is no way the Pre's default text tone will do that.

    I swapped back to the Pre yesterday thinking this was going to be resolved by this update, but alas. I'm not going to hack the phone to change the tone, either.

    It's a great OS for sure, but these very basic missing features prevent me from using it. I'm probably done with it at this point.

    Add to this the fact that I seem to be unable to answer some calls, and that seals the deal for me - just can't use the Pre.

    I just got a call from a client, and dragged up the green circle to answer it. Instead of the phone unlocking and picking up the call, the green circle popped up to the upper left screen corner, and the screen stayed locked. I could drag the circle around the screen but could not unlock the phone until the call was lost.

    For all of its strengths, the Pre has some major weaknesses in basic phone functionality.

    Someone will be getting a good deal on a my mint Pre on Craig's List.
    Last edited by mediaserve; 09/29/2009 at 11:35 AM.
  8. #928  
    Just get an 8gb or 16gb Touch by selling most of your Pre accessories. Buy the Seidio clip for the Pre and carry the touch in your pocket.
  9. #929  
    I figured out the new settings to get the alarm to work....but it's still way too unnecessarily confusing.
  10. #930  
    I would definitely recommend getting the Touch and keeping your Pre if you like it. The Touch is very slim and could be easily carried on your belt, in a sock, wherever. The Pre isn't exactly thick either.
  11. Ms_Kady's Avatar
    Posts
    162 Posts
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    #931  
    Phone went into OFFLINE MODE again today and jacked up my phone!! This is my first replacement and it's a total POS. I picked it up on Sunday and had to call Sprint yesterday to order another replacement.
  12. cubanguy's Avatar
    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    #932  
    okay, i need help. My original palm updater does not work, it just keeps searching for updates, for hours. Also i cant get webOSdoctor to work because my phone does not show up when i plug it in. It would be very appreciated if someone can plez help me. Thank you. and is anyone else having this problem?
  13. #933  
    • when palm released the pre it was suppose to compete w/ the iphone 3g
    • not the iphone 2g
    • palm did i good job in making a phone better than the iphone 2g but fell short in winning over the 3g
    • ppl keep sayin it took apple 3 yrs to do this, an do that... well palm has been making the same phone since the treo 600... the treo 650-700-755-centro were the exact same phone just different bodies
    • ok iphone just got mms and video recording. ok fine but why make a phone that can compete rather than win... i play basketball and i kno that when im practicing i dont practice so i can compete with other players i practice so i can win.
    • it almost reminds of the instinct (ok sry that was a low blow)
    • yet i kno you get the point...


    i love my pre
    hate the tech support love my precentral family
  14. shotyme's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #934  
    Quote Originally Posted by savage_973 View Post
    • when palm released the pre it was suppose to compete w/ the iphone 3g
    • not the iphone 2g
    • palm did i good job in making a phone better than the iphone 2g but fell short in winning over the 3g
    • ppl keep sayin it took apple 3 yrs to do this, an do that... well palm has been making the same phone since the treo 600... the treo 650-700-755-centro were the exact same phone just different bodies
    • ok iphone just got mms and video recording. ok fine but why make a phone that can compete rather than win... i play basketball and i kno that when im practicing i dont practice so i can compete with other players i practice so i can win.
    • it almost reminds of the instinct (ok sry that was a low blow)
    • yet i kno you get the point...




    i love my pre
    hate the tech support love my precentral family
    The Iphone 3G is not the only competitor of the Pre. Palm was releasing its OS to save the company. Not to dethrone Apple or RIM. This OS is suppose to help the company.

    While I do have my disappointments with the Pre and even the update, and you are correct in your title in saying that users have the right to be disappointed.

    However, I disagree with your statements in saying that the Pre. Palm is laying down the foundation in which it can compete with other companies. That foundation is WebOS and they are tweaking it daily
  15. #935  
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    The Iphone 3G is not the only competitor of the Pre. Palm was releasing its OS to save the company. Not to dethrone Apple or RIM. This OS is suppose to help the company.

    While I do have my disappointments with the Pre and even the update, and you are correct in your title in saying that users have the right to be disappointed.

    However, I disagree with your statements in saying that the Pre. Palm is laying down the foundation in which it can compete with other companies. That foundation is WebOS and they are tweaking it daily
    i understand... but now lookin bac @ the reason im upset
    i've figured out that it was because of rumors and waitng for things that were never proven to b released...
    RIM is somehow still managing to get ppl to buy their phones an their OS hasn't really changed either...
  16. #936  
    Not sure how 1.2 is so disappointing. The 1.2 release notes have been around for quite some time. You should have known what was coming with 1.2. It wasn't a surprise to most.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
  17. #937  
    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Not sure how 1.2 is so disappointing. The 1.2 release notes have been around for quite some time. You should have known what was coming with 1.2. It wasn't a surprise to most.
    yeah the release notes were out then sprint posted it then it was erased (pushed back/ what ever you want to call it)

    i guess me and a handful of other users were jusr expecting something to be added since they didnt release it when it leaked.

    lls
  18. shotyme's Avatar
    Posts
    168 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #938  
    Quote Originally Posted by savage_973 View Post
    i understand... but now lookin bac @ the reason im upset
    i've figured out that it was because of rumors and waitng for things that were never proven to b released...
    RIM is somehow still managing to get ppl to buy their phones an their OS hasn't really changed either...
    Most of the rumors were true for the 1.2version. Like the blinking notifications, Jeff said they added, but disabled it. It is there, just not enabled for the end user. You have to make a modification.

    I think they make have added modifications in a 1.2.1 version, but who knows. Maybe another update this week.

    RIM has a good fan base that buy their phone, but they will eventually have to change and adapt.

    Quote Originally Posted by Achill3s View Post
    Not sure how 1.2 is so disappointing. The 1.2 release notes have been around for quite some time. You should have known what was coming with 1.2. It wasn't a surprise to most.

    Well some were hoping for updates not in the rumor. I just wanted to be able to forward a text message. Not a major let down, but that is the extent of my disappointment. The Pre is still good to me, but I can understand how one can be disappointed.
  19. #939  
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    Most of the rumors were true for the 1.2version. Like the blinking notifications, Jeff said they added, but disabled it. It is there, just not enabled for the end user. You have to make a modification.
    .
    well i have followed that forum step by step and when i go to lock screen nothing showes up like the entire page was blank
  20. #940  
    The speed bump alone makes me love the 1.2 update.

    If this is another thread about lack of features, like video recording, hang tight. When the catalog opens it's flood gates I have a feeling a video recording application will be in there. Just a hunch.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions