View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 46 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3641424344454647484950515696146 ... LastLast
    The good news is I think the Pre takes pretty decent still pictures although I believe 3GS has autofocus so might be even better. Here's one I just took...now ONLY if I had video dammit!!!
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Beautifull daughter. I have 3 kids and understand the wanting you phone to have video. Does not make since to carry multible devices when one should do what is needed.
    It's really a matter as to how long you are willing to wait, I suspect.

I think most of the features you're looking for (video recording, increased stability, more apps) are a matter of time before they're implemented. I'd estimate video recording is a few months away. As for space, what are your playlists encoded at? It's a little work, but you could reduce the bitrate of mp3's on the pre. I don't know how they're encoded, but you could play around with that to reduce the size.

But, if those few months of baby videos are that important to you, and you have the cash to get a different phone, I don't see a good reason not to. It's all a matter of decision, and you have to decide what's most important to you. The HTC hero would be another choice that might deliver the features you're looking for as mentioned by other posters. The use of SD cards might be an advantage, especially considering you're looking to save videos for years to come.
    What people don't realize is an all in one device is handy in certain specific instances. Before we had the baby I geared up with some of the better equipment around to make sure I capture those moments. As I mentioned before the Sony HD-SR12 for video and a Canon Rebel T1i (EOS 500D) with a 18-200mm lens. So yes, I'm covered for the high quality side and for birthday parties, known things. What these things don't help with is if we're out and something unexpected happens...carrying around the Canon and Sony at all times would be insane.

Still not sure what I'm doing yet, keep going back and forth.
    "There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mobilehavoc View Post
    Had the Pre since 6/11 and I've been very happy with it but now about 3 months in, there are a few things that keep bothering me. Bothering me to a point where I'm contemplating going back to AT&T and the 3GS. I had the iPhone 2G and 3G before the Pre and I'd rather not go back to it but not sure what else to do!

- 8GB of storage starting to get cramped - I only have a smart playlist synched right now (top rated) and 2 photo albums and my Pre is almost full. This is annoying because I'm almost at a point where when I buy more music I'll have to start swapping out tracks to get it to fit. No work around for this.

- Video camera - I know there's a theory that it'll be added but I'm worried it might not happen. We just had a baby (our first) and I find myself wanting to take little video clips all the time but I can't with the Pre and there's no guarantee it will

- Apps - yes yes I know to give it time, I had the original iPhone on launch day and it took them 2 years to get the App Store up BUT, we're in a different market now. I don't care about 3D games or fart apps. I'm extremely dissapointed there's STILL no decent Facebook app (the one Palm Demo'd on Pixi is pretty lame and still a while away). There's no other utility apps like eTrade, Mint, decent weather app with motion radar, etc. I figured they would have at least had the Facebook app by now given the advertising for the Pre.

- Stability - It's been pretty rock solid but lately for no apparent reason it'll be sitting next to me and all of a sudden reboot. ironically it's never done this when I'm actually using it just when it's on standby near me. Doesn't happen too often but I can't stand instability (maybe I'm OCD) so it annoys me. I'm hoping 1.2 fixes this but am getting tired of waiting for it. I've also gotten the "too many cards" error with none open which is frustrating.

Right now I'm thinking of waiting for at least a week or two (assuming 1.2 comes out by then) to see if that helps, along with the paid app catalog which hopefully brings some higher quality apps out. I was pretty close to just giving up yesterday and switching back to AT&T but I figure giving it another week or two couldn't hurt.

To tell you the truth all those issues are software and can be addressed, except the 8GB, but come on...

I think a real reason to switch is actually the lack of a digital compass. This is going to limit the totally sweet apps that can be developed. of course, IMHO, i think palm $%^&ed up.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    I agree with the Hero as an option. Going to AT&T with their prices and a new baby, finding a phone for yourself on Sprint may be a good way to go. Expecially now with unlimited mobile to any mobile.
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    To tell you the truth all those issues are software and can be addressed, except the 8GB, but come on...

I think a real reason to switch is actually the lack of a digital compass. This is going to limit the totally sweet apps that can be developed. of course, IMHO, i think palm $%^&ed up.
    What does the compass have to do with the OP's problem? It's not that it can't be done...it's timing for video. He needs it now while his daughter is young, important time in their lifes!!
    The good news is I think the Pre takes pretty decent still pictures although I believe 3GS has autofocus so might be even better. Here's one I just took...now ONLY if I had video dammit!!!
    Oh now, hell. Start her off right this christmas with an itouch.

lol.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    If you've got the cash to pull out of your Sprint plan and get back into an iPhone maybe you shoud just get both!!
    I'm a 2 device person here. Palm Pre with iPod touch. I use the Palm Pre as my work phone as it keeps my checkbook, mileage, todo list, phone, contacts on one device, and use it for the browser, while the iPod more as a fun device with Music, twitter (qTweeter is great), movies, audible, ebook reader, and games. I don't use the browser much on the touch because the Pre is better, websites that I sometimes visit on the touch crashes at times while the Pre is able to load no problem. I would think keep the Pre but buy the 3GS with no service, save you money and get to have you video.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    They should fix the dialer app. It's slow enough that it bother me for example going to the recent calls menu, or going back to the dial pad. Also when you want to end the call, it lags. The dialer on the pre is indeed a not too pleasant experience.
    A dedicated camcorder is not practical and I'm not going to carry it around with me wherever I go like my pocketable phone..
    I have the Flip Mino and they even have an HD version. Very pocketable. I understand it is still carrying a second device, but it's size is pretty manageable.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Recently, I've been very unhappy with my Pre's battery life. I should not be having to charge my phone at 6pm when unplugging it at 11:30am that morning.

I used:

- NFL mobile app
    - About 25 texts
    - 2-3 5 minute phonecalls
    - Some web browsing

And that was all she wrote. 0% exactly at 5:30pm. That is completely unacceptable for relatively moderate usage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefy View Post
    Recently, I've been very unhappy with my Pre's battery life. I should not be having to charge my phone at 6pm when unplugging it at 11:30am that morning.

I used:

- NFL mobile app
    - About 25 texts
    - 2-3 5 minute phonecalls
    - Some web browsing

And that was all she wrote. 0% exactly at 5:30pm. That is completely unacceptable for relatively moderate usage.
    keep an eye on the signal bar. My battery life has been cut in half since I moved to an area that has crappy sprint service....I put the roam only hack from webos quickinstall on and in the last few days my battery life has improved significantly. Almost back to where it was when I lived in a great sprint area.... Just remember to turn it off when back into a good sprint area...
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    keep an eye on the signal bar. My battery life has been cut in half since I moved to an area that has crappy sprint service....I put the roam only hack from webos quickinstall on and in the last few days my battery life has improved significantly. Almost back to where it was when I lived in a great sprint area.... Just remember to turn it off when back into a good sprint area...
    Today my battery life varied between 2-4 bars at all times.

I think I need to either get a new battery refurb from Sprint, an extended-life battery, or a new phone.
    hell ya!!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I wish they would link facebook accounts/pictures as they do with Google Chat. I hate saying to people, can I get your pic for my phone...
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    The Pre has pulled down Facebook pictures for your contacts from day one.

Unless I'm missing what you mean.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nKoan View Post
    The Pre has pulled down Facebook pictures for your contacts from day one.

Unless I'm missing what you mean.
    No, I'm there with you add the facebook account, only problem is, once you do it, every one of your friends from facebook are added. As I don't want everyone in my contact list from facebook, I need to delete the ones I never intend on contacting...it wont allow you to delete any of them that are linked to the facebook account from you contact list..any ideas? Besides, get rid of some friends on facebook
    pre is getting there no complains so far... I LOVE PALM