View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 44 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3439404142434445464748495494144 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dmglouis View Post
    That's the update that is supposedly coming out now, instead of 1.2.
    Ah, my joke was just a tad too subtle...
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
  2.    #862  
    Welcome, BigRenman!

I used the PreCentral Search feature and found a number of answers for you. (They are also all in the opening post for this thread.)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRenman View Post
    OK ... you've got to develop a Delete All button for the email. Really lame
    to put out a phone that requires you to "swipe" delete your email to trash
    AND THEN require you to swipe it again to remove it from your phone. Stupid.
    This and the 39 other tweaks are here: webOS Quick Install
    Chapura is the only app that TRULY syncs with Outlook. It could be better (including sub-folders) but you should have included a Pre version.
    There are actually a number of solutions: Backup and Syncing Tips.
    The calendar is useless. My Treo was better; could read it in Week mode. Why not Pre?
    The Week view option is the center button on your calendar. Also, check out the Pre Tips and Tricks?
    Ringtones: NOT LOUD ENOUGH. What were you thinking?
    There are actually a lot of great options: Get (or Make) Free Ringtones
    Great phone; great look; but a lot of stupid in the necessities. Please get cracking...
    BigRenman, I think you have a wrong number. PreCentral is a group of Pre users. PreCentral is not owned by Palm. If you want to tell Palm about your issues, post on their forums or tell them directly: www.palm.com/us/company/feedback.html

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/24/2009 at 01:05 PM.
    Great post Craig. Full of facts and light on sarcasm (that's what the rest of us are for right?).

Beautiful.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Some of the bugs are just maddening. Example...if I transfer my contacts from Outlook to the Palm profile using the tools provided, I can no longer transfer them to Google...ever? Really?
    Thank you
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Shotyme,

The 230 Homebrew apps and 39 tweaks don't require rooting. Who told you that you have to "root" your Pre?

As to the tweaks, you can remove them all by clicking the Remove All button. Have you actually tried that?

Also, I am not talking about the vast majority of Pre users. I am saying that right now today you have:

1. webOS 1.2 coming with 67 improvements found so far
    2. 230 Homebrew Apps - Is there an app for that?
    3. webOS Quick Install - Is there a tweak for that? (There are dozens!)
    4. Music Player (Remix) fixes dozens of the biggest complaints with the Music Player.
    5. My Notification lets you set your alert sound.
    6. How to Install the On-Screen Keyboard gives you that feature too.

As to Improving Battery Life, what steps have you taken? What steps aren't you taking?

We can't control what will be in 1.2 or other future versions of webOS. Thankfully we don't have to. We can do it ourselves.

- Craig
    I don't have a problem with the homebrew. I used the homebrew before filecoaster came out. The Tweaks require more effort and prefer Palm to fix those issues. Requiring me to remove tweaks on my phone in addition to my friend's phone so an update doesn't have a conflict is not my style.

FYI, your link to WebOS Install links to the front of this tread

As for battery, I have tried every trick except for airplane mode. This is my phone. I receive phone calls on it. That's it primary objective. And the Airwave.

I own my own business and receive important emails that requires me to receive email as it arrives.

I do enough playing around with computers fixing people's issues with their network and software issues on their desktop. I don't need to do the same thing for my phone. It needs to just have it.
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/25/2009 at 12:04 PM. Reason: fix link
  7.    #867  
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    ...FYI, your link to WebOS Install links to the front of this tread...
    Thank you. The link is fixed!

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by zeravla531 View Post
    Haha, yeah, just barely...

Maybe his 2nd post should be on when 1.2.1 is coming out.
    Now that was funny
  9. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    Hate the fact that I cannot choose which email account to send email. I have to select a default for all. I want to choose as I type the email (my Sprint Mogul allowed me to do that!)
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mk3 View Post
    Hate the fact that I cannot choose which email account to send email. I have to select a default for all. I want to choose as I type the email (my Sprint Mogul allowed me to do that!)
    Go Back to your mogul then
    Quote Originally Posted by bipoler View Post
    Go Back to your mogul then
    So are you saying that people can't complain about the Pre... EVEN ON THE THREAD CALLED "General Pre Complaints"???????

Geez.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    if your complaint isnt going to lead to a fix then move on..Life is full of complaints jeeze!
    Global Posts
    638 Global Posts
    if your complaint isnt going to lead to a fix then move on..Life is full of complaints jeeze!
    Had the Pre since 6/11 and I've been very happy with it but now about 3 months in, there are a few things that keep bothering me. Bothering me to a point where I'm contemplating going back to AT&T and the 3GS. I had the iPhone 2G and 3G before the Pre and I'd rather not go back to it but not sure what else to do!

- 8GB of storage starting to get cramped - I only have a smart playlist synched right now (top rated) and 2 photo albums and my Pre is almost full. This is annoying because I'm almost at a point where when I buy more music I'll have to start swapping out tracks to get it to fit. No work around for this.

- Video camera - I know there's a theory that it'll be added but I'm worried it might not happen. We just had a baby (our first) and I find myself wanting to take little video clips all the time but I can't with the Pre and there's no guarantee it will

- Apps - yes yes I know to give it time, I had the original iPhone on launch day and it took them 2 years to get the App Store up BUT, we're in a different market now. I don't care about 3D games or fart apps. I'm extremely dissapointed there's STILL no decent Facebook app (the one Palm Demo'd on Pixi is pretty lame and still a while away). There's no other utility apps like eTrade, Mint, decent weather app with motion radar, etc. I figured they would have at least had the Facebook app by now given the advertising for the Pre.

- Stability - It's been pretty rock solid but lately for no apparent reason it'll be sitting next to me and all of a sudden reboot. ironically it's never done this when I'm actually using it just when it's on standby near me. Doesn't happen too often but I can't stand instability (maybe I'm OCD) so it annoys me. I'm hoping 1.2 fixes this but am getting tired of waiting for it. I've also gotten the "too many cards" error with none open which is frustrating.

Right now I'm thinking of waiting for at least a week or two (assuming 1.2 comes out by then) to see if that helps, along with the paid app catalog which hopefully brings some higher quality apps out. I was pretty close to just giving up yesterday and switching back to AT&T but I figure giving it another week or two couldn't hurt.

"There are 10 types of people in the world, those that understand binary and those that don't"
  15. JRH
    Global Posts
    128 Global Posts
    go for it if it makes you feel better.
    You have to go with the phone that meets your needs
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Steve Jobs is screaming, "I am your father!"
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    - Video camera - I know there's a theory that it'll be added but I'm worried it might not happen. We just had a baby (our first) and I find myself wanting to take little video clips all the time but I can't with the Pre and there's no guarantee it will
    Let's face it, in twenty years, you'll forget what the problems with the phones were but you'll still wish you took the videos. That would be enough to get me to switch.
    I had the iPhone 2G and 3G before
    8GB of storage starting to get cramped
    Easy fix, dust off that now-inactive 3G and use it as an iPod. You'll have plenty of room for music (I assume it was a 16gb 3G) AND you'll have all the nifty apps your heart desires until they're available for the Pre. Oh and added bonus, you'll save battery life on your Pre by using the iPhone as your music player. Save that juice for more important things like communicating!

I'm full of good ideas.
    No video camera.

Quote Originally Posted by themirthfulswami View Post
    Easy fix, dust off that now-inactive 3G and use it as an iPod. You'll have plenty of room for music (I assume it was a 16gb 3G) AND you'll have all the nifty apps your heart desires until they're available for the Pre. Oh and added bonus, you'll save battery life on your Pre by using the iPhone as your music player. Save that juice for more important things like communicating!

I'm full of good ideas.