View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 42 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3237383940414243444546475292142 ... LastLast
    Here is the thing man, what do you mean no OTA apps. Do you mean that your phone didn't come with apps? Well, the idea behind the Pre or any smartphone is that you choose what is on your phone. Which means you need to do the work yourself and install what you would like. As most of the people above have already stated, it is still in it's early stages and things can only get better. There are programs that, I agree, needs to be there. Give it enough time though, and they will come.
    Quote Originally Posted by freewarrior 3 View Post
    I thought it was going to be more to this phone when I got it. No ota apps no direct downloads. I travel a lot and I'm not always able to get to a computer. I hope some improvements are on the way.
    also, if you are having a problem with OTA, do you have a data plan? I know you have to have one for the pre, but maybe sprint didn't set it up fully. You might call *2 and have them check it out, or dial 18882114727 from landline or other phone so you can test as they check and update your phone. This is of course if you are on the sprint network, if on any other network e.g. bell, cricket, verizon, etc.... use their tech support help.
    Last edited by mastacontrola; 09/21/2009 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    hmm not mine. happens matter what. i just have to keep tapping until it it happens. happens after reboot too.
    I've seen this on the in-store demos. Its a software bug that will hopefully get squashed.

For now, I recommend that you touch and hold for a half-second. That usually gives the Pre enough time to pick it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovehog View Post
    Take heart fellow disgruntled Palm Pee owners...in about a months time the HTC Hero will be arriving on the Sprint network and this will all be just a bad dream.
    The Palm 'Pee'? Is that a new model?
    ok well let us know how the hero works out for you...
    ... are we sure he has a pre? this IS general chat..
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    I do have a few complaints about the Pre, but no phone is perfect and the Palm Pre is currently the best phone for me, but it has a lot of room for improvements.

Firstly, I'm upset with the advertisement of the Pre. The commercials suck. They do it no justice. They should have a I would have bought a Pre regardless, since I have one, but they would have enticed more people to want one or at least be interested.

My personal complaints are as followed.

1. Calendar. On my Treo, Birthdays reminders came up on my phone. It told me that XYZ has a birthday in seven days. This was an automated feature. If someone's birthday was in my Treo, my Treo told me before it happened, and on the day it happened, there was a message to remind me. (It saves a friendship sometimes) Also, I like to customize my own colors for different events. Work had one color, and personal events had their own. My way around this now is the use of two google accounts and the palm profile. Just troublesome.

2. Text messaging. Why can't I forward text messages? That is just unacceptable. That's a kick into the groin.

3. Video recording. I understand Palm may want high quality videos, but not having it really bugs me. Then again, I may just record something to take up the rest of the space on my Pre's 6GB.

4. Battery life. Everyone states it. Its just that bad. I like my Pre. I like all of the features on my Pre. I want to use it for at least the entire day that I am up or at work. I'm up from 6AM til about midnight. The Treo 700p does it, the Treo Pro does it. The Pre, well lets just say extra cables are coming in handy.

5. keyboard. I don't mind the current keyboard. I have large fingers, but I got use to the treo 700 so I'm used to it. I just think a landscape slider would have been better, but that will take away from the one-handed use. I just looked the the Motorola Cliq and would have like the d-pad option.

I have more minor complaints, but who cares about those. Hopefully some of my issues will be addressed in the pending update.

ShoTyme
    I have a complaint.

Release it in the UK already.
    or at least give some info.
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    5. keyboard. I don't mind the current keyboard. I have large fingers, but I got use to the treo 700 so I'm used to it. I just think a landscape slider would have been better, but that will take away from the one-handed use. I just looked the the Motorola Cliq and would have like the d-pad option.

ShoTyme
    On that note: while using the keyboard, you'll notice that the plastic that rises above and around the keyboard is rather irritating, there should have been a softer material used there.....
  11.    #831  
    Quote Originally Posted by hocndoc View Post
    I wish I could get lists rather than icons. While I'm wishing: Nascar and other apps on the Launcher should be removable (problem with old Palms, too.)
    That is one of the tweaks in the webOS Quick Install.
    and would be willing to pay for phone as modem as I have on my Centro for the last two years...
    My Tether - turns your Pre into a WiFi hotspot or modem.

Also check out the Palm Pre Tips and Tricks.

- Craig
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    Thanks for your answer. I'm about to go to the Christian Medical and Dental Association national convention, in area that probably won't have much service (Smokey Mountains) so I had my Centro turned back on. I can't risk getting caught without data and phone - I'm addicted to data.

When I get back, the update should be over and I can try the Pre again.
  13.    #833  
    Quote Originally Posted by shotyme View Post
    ...Also, I like to customize my own colors for different events. Work had one color, and personal events had their own. My way around this now is the use of two google accounts and the palm profile. Just troublesome.
    Being added in webOS 1.2.
    2. Text messaging. Why can't I forward text messages?
    You can. This and 38 other tweaks are in the webOS Quick Install.
    4. Battery life.
    See Extending Battery Life Tips. A full day should be no problem.

Also check out the Palm Pre Tips and Tricks for much more.

- Craig
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/22/2009 at 04:23 PM.
  14.    #834  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy K View Post
    4) cannot scrub through songs to skip to the good parts. meh.. for the most part, i like to listen to all parts of my songs.
    This an 20 other missing features are fixed with the Music Player (Remix).
    5) the phone app is really sucks. its laggy when you dial the number and it lags when you hang up the phone call then lags some more when you try to redial. this is NOT the ideal phone to dial into the radio station to win a prize... and YES i've tried it.
    Faster phone response time is one of the webOS 1.2 Features Found.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall View Post
    I've seen this on the in-store demos. Its a software bug that will hopefully get squashed.

For now, I recommend that you touch and hold for a half-second. That usually gives the Pre enough time to pick it up.
    yeah hope so. sometimes you just have to keep tapping it until it works.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Can anyone tell me if there is a Homebrewed application to boost my volume?
    I am using Motorola S9 Headphones which are wireless, but need an extra boost. Help. I need to hear louder music in the Gym.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Milominderbinder View Post
    Being added in webOS 1.2.

You can. This and 38 other tweaks are in the webOS Quick Install.

See Extending Battery Life Tips. A full day should be no problem.

Also check out the Palm Pre Tips and Tricks for much more.

- Craig
    That is nice and all having the ability to do tweaks on WebOS Quick Install, but a lot of these are patches that will need to be removed when updates come along. Also, the vast majority of Pre users are not going to do that. Palm need to have this feature.

As far as battery life, these tips do little for me. I have the extended batter by Seido and still struggle. It should be better. The Treo Pro was a lot better. I use the features on my phone. That is the reason I bought it. Not to turn the features off.

Nor am I a fan of rooting my pre. Just don't like the added work.
    And DON'T blame Sprint. I've been with them for at least 10 yrs, and I never had to join a forum to complain about ANYTHING. Anybody that doesn't see the glaring problems with this phone obviously never had a true smartphone before, so stop this sick love affair.
    no one is asking you to stay with the pre if YOU don't like it get a different phone.
    different strokes for different folks
    Whats the let down? That we have to wait possibly another week to get the 5th OS update within three months... That's not a let down... Have you ever waited for OS updates on another phone... You wait years for one or two

As for the phone itself... It's an amazing piece of technology