View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 41 of 225 FirstFirst ... 3136373839404142434445465191141 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I had Sprint disconnect my Pre and re-connect my Treo, today. I'm traveling next week and don't want to take an MP3 player, a modem and a phone, with the risk of the whole thing shutting down when the update is pushed through.

I've got 22 more days before my 30 days is up, to make up my mind whether to return it or not and get a refund and have my upgrade status "reset."

I'll check in after the update to see how all the apps are working out.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    i love my pre but i have some minor problems with it.

1) cannot talk on the phone and surf the net at the same time. sometimes i need to look something up while im on the phone!!

2) the creaking sound on the pre. the back creaks when i squeeze it. sometimes it clicks too. i absolutely HATE this... had 2 pres.. same thing...

3) the web browser goes screwy sometimes and loads the page WAY OFF to the side or on the bottom. i then have to readjust it by scrolling to the left or back up. then it goes back to normal. not THAT big of a deal...

4) cannot scrub through songs to skip to the good parts. meh.. for the most part, i like to listen to all parts of my songs.

5) the phone app is really sucks. its laggy when you dial the number and it lags when you hang up the phone call then lags some more when you try to redial. this is NOT the ideal phone to dial into the radio station to win a prize... and YES i've tried it.

6) graphics processor is NOT enabled... i think this is the worst of this list...
    Your number 1 issue is a product of the network (CDMA) not the phone. You can't do data and voice at the same time on any CDMA device/network including Sprint and Verizon and any of the other companies that use CDMA technology.

And your number 4 can be rectified by getting the music remix app from the homebrew. It allows you to scrub through the song and adds many other nice features.
    is this a common issue. Often i touch the an app. the screen registers that it was touched but no app starts. it happens in other things too like the music player. the little circle appears right on top of what ever you touch so you know the screen recognized the finger but what ever you touched doesn't start, play, delete, react, etc. any body have any idea what causes this? software? hardware? i tested it against other non pre touch phones and most did not have this issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    is this a common issue. Often i touch the an app. the screen registers that it was touched but no app starts. it happens in other things too like the music player. the little circle appears right on top of what ever you touch so you know the screen recognized the finger but what ever you touched doesn't start, play, delete, react, etc. any body have any idea what causes this? software? hardware? i tested it against other non pre touch phones and most did not have this issue.
    This happens to me sometimes. A simple reboot resolves it. I don't sweat it much.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Hey everyone

First let me start off by saying that I think WebOS is really nice and I like all the features, but palm's quality control must be terrible. This is my 3rd pre within a month. My first one had issues with powering up, my second one the keyboard stopped working after 1 week of use, and my third one, which I picked up today the speaker on it makes a crackling noise and popping sounds.

I'm just really fed up with the phone and sick of going the sprint store every other week. I'm hoping sprint lets me exchange my phone for a different phone because I am just sick of this whole ordeal, I know some stores have a 3 replacement rule that if they have to replace the phone 3 times they will let you change it out for a different phone. Has anyone else experienced a situation like this.

Thanks.
    I thought it was going to be more to this phone when I got it. No ota apps no direct downloads. I travel a lot and I'm not always able to get to a computer. I hope some improvements are on the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cygo View Post
    Hey everyone

First let me start off by saying that I think WebOS is really nice and I like all the features, but palm's quality control must be terrible. This is my 3rd pre within a month. My first one had issues with powering up, my second one the keyboard stopped working after 1 week of use, and my third one, which I picked up today the speaker on it makes a crackling noise and popping sounds.

I'm just really fed up with the phone and sick of going the sprint store every other week. I'm hoping sprint lets me exchange my phone for a different phone because I am just sick of this whole ordeal, I know some stores have a 3 replacement rule that if they have to replace the phone 3 times they will let you change it out for a different phone. Has anyone else experienced a situation like this.

Thanks.
    Sorry that happened, cuz. Good luck with your next phone, whatever it might be.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    This happens to me sometimes. A simple reboot resolves it. I don't sweat it much.
    hmm not mine. happens matter what. i just have to keep tapping until it it happens. happens after reboot too.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    my only big complain is the pre not having msn or yahoo.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    get a palm pixi lol
    I feel for you, brother.

I've been beating the same drum a lot on these forums recently, but...today, all of a sudden, it's the weirdest thing...I feel like I've put a lot of effort into returns, tweaking, and reinstalling.

And I feel like I wanna get something for that. So I'm going to stick with the Pre, and see if it can last at least until June 2010 when a refresh arrives. And we'll see what else pops up in that time as well.
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    Just got my third Pre today in a little over a month. First one had some major Oreo going on, second one the screen just stopped responding completely. Third time's a charm, I hope.
    I feel your pain. I am trying to replace mine because of a cracked screen.

My SO got one at the same time I did and she is having no problems whatsoever with hers. It's only been about three weeks so who knows what will happen in the future but hers just seems so much more "solid" than mine. The warranty date thing on both of ours is 8/6/2009 too.

If these phones have been built on the cheap then I wonder how the Pixi is going to make out as it's supposed to be an even cheaper phone. It would certainly be ironic if it actually turned out to be higher quality than the "flagship" Pre.

This WebOS is pretty slick though.
    Yea I'm hoping with enough hassling that sprint will let me replace this with a different phone, because quiet frankly I'm sick of having to put in so much effort to get a reliable phone. I'm gonna try to get the htc hero which comes out on october 11th
    do you have file coaster or preware? with these you can directly download apps without having to connect to the cpu.

also this Thursday there should be a big update with A LOT of improvements
    What do you mean no ota apps? There are a ton of OTA apps, both through the appstore AND through preware.
    Take heart fellow disgruntled Palm Pee owners...in about a months time the HTC Hero will be arriving on the Sprint network and this will all be just a bad dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by Groovehog View Post
    Take heart fellow disgruntled Palm Pee owners...in about a months time the HTC Hero will be arriving on the Sprint network and this will all be just a bad dream.
    this.
    1.02, 1.03, 1.04 and 1.1 were OTA updates in the first 2 months, and an expected 1.2 within the next 72 hours! Sounds like a lot of updates to me! Especially for a company that said FROM THE START that they had a plan, it will take time, and please be patient because they wanted to make sure they did things the right way! So far I am very happy with Palm's responsiveness and updates