View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 37 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2732333435363738394041424787137 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    While I didn't necessarily need another thread about this, I will say that I miss being able to whip my phone out and record my kids. My last phone was a centro, and that was something I did frequently, what with two small kids the opportunity arises quite often. And after reading the updates that are supposed to occur next, I definitely feel disappointed that 'linkedin' came before the video recorder. That and 99% of the other crap with the update.
    That's been my point all along. Everyone has different needs/wants out of their phones. For some of us, video is really that important. I really don't want to have to buy or lug around yet another device to capture a quick video clip and for me it's dissapointing that it doesn't have this pretty basic feature. I know that there are other things that are way higher on people's priority list, but this is pretty high on mine. I hope they get around to taking care of this sooner rather than later.
    Quote Originally Posted by xBRIMSTON3x View Post
    They can't....*gulp*...add hd space to the pre through an update...can they?
    Yes and no. They can't do anything beyond the 8gb the Pre comes with; however, that space is partitioned using LVM (Logical Volume Management). LVM has more flexibility than the previous disk management, and does allow for repartitioning. On an OTA update, Palm could resize the existing partitions to allow more space for apps.
    There are several functionality issues that Palm needs to spend dev time on before gee-whiz catch-up games with Apple.
    ANYONE that's yearning/pining/needing/wanting video immediately should have bought another phone. period. it simply isn't fair to buy and phone knowingly without video or an eta thereof, sit there ***** and moan and blame palm for not being quick enough. threads like these are a cancer on this site.
    Global Posts
    603 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acydlord View Post
    Colour me oldschool, but if I feel the need to record video I'll go buy a Flip or a Xacti and keep it in my other pocket.
    Hey while your at it, carry a BB for your email, a pager, and Digital camera. When my daughter or someone does something that I'd like to capture quickly it would be nice to use my phone to quickly record on my phone to save for future use. So yes old school video recording is very much important for a large majority of cell phone users....
    Last edited by Leke; 09/09/2009 at 10:58 AM.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VickMackey View Post
    ANYONE that's yearning/pining/needing/wanting video immediately should have bought another phone. period. it simply isn't fair to buy and phone knowingly without video or an eta thereof, sit there ***** and moan and blame palm for not being quick enough. threads like these are a cancer on this site.
    I will only speak for myself, however I bought this phone for its many cool features. Yes, I bought the phone knowing that it wouldn't have video, however based off of what we all heard, video was a feature they said would be coming at some point. I'm not asking them to do anything that Palm didn't say they would do. I'm not asking for the phone to do anything beyond what was simply mentioned. If the phone doesn't ever get video on this model will I be disappointed? A little. Will I get over it? Yup. But I and everyone else here have the right to express our disappointment over a feature that's important to us. Just like you have the right to talk about what's important to you. I don't care if the fix comes from Palm or the really cool developers that have been bringing great features to the Pre (thx guys ). But don't knock people for expressing themselves. The O/P may have been a bit whiny, but I believe that the purpose of this forum is to share ideas, tips, and even vent. I like to think that Palm looks into these forums for insight into what they would put into their next few updates. I could be wrong, but who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottria View Post
    I'm with ya shea, almost every phone sprint sells has video recording. But the Pre.
    heck. even my old dumbphone could do this.
    Global Posts
    290 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sukael View Post
    Just to check, did you do the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart trick to enable developer mode on the phone?
    Yeah, whenever I get "Device Not Found" its because Developer Mode is off.
    1) something isn't set up on your computer right
    2) your not as computer savvy as you thought
    3) you can't follow instructions

Has to be one of those because installing was easy as pie. Got FileCoaster and now I can install everything from the phone.
    This is my 2nd Pre so I've installed it twice useing two different methods and both were easy
    I can't believe that you didn't ask for help on the Homebrew Forum. Jason and several others have been helping people day and night when they posted their problems. From what I have read in those posts, many people either did not read the instructions or did not follow them.
    My guess is he skipped Developer Mode (just start typing on your pre: UpUpDownDownLeftRightLeftRightBastart ).
    Quote Originally Posted by domingeaux View Post
    I've read everything tried everything. I'm pretty computer savvy; I've tried installing the apps on Win Xp and Vista. No matter what I do...device not found or recognized! I'm giving up and getting an Iphone and I'm going to throw all my money away on their expensive monthly plans!Everyone has fixes for every issue, but not many for device not found. I've even tried all the platforms for loading files and apps. Why isn't there a way to download the dumb apps OTA from the pre. Or better yet a way to download filecoaster OTA.
    Can I have your Pre when you buy your Iphone?
    Enjoy your iPhone. You will be as frustrated as I am with the iPod Touch when I try to do two things at once. Like streaming audio while web browsing. If you can't figure out homebrew, you won't be jailbraking your iPhone. Enjoy the limitations.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Sometimes it just takes a second or third read through the instructions. I'm barely computer literate and was able to very easily install homebrew with Jason's WebOS Installer. I'm not great with computers, but I do love to read!
    +1 on no developer mode, gives that error every time. Also make sure you press "Just Charge"

When I installed the new version of quick install to do the tweaks it wouldnt recognize that it was plugged in, restarted the PC and it was fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by domingeaux View Post
    I've read everything tried everything. I'm pretty computer savvy; I've tried installing the apps on Win Xp and Vista. No matter what I do...device not found or recognized! I'm giving up and getting an Iphone and I'm going to throw all my money away on their expensive monthly plans!Everyone has fixes for every issue, but not many for device not found. I've even tried all the platforms for loading files and apps. Why isn't there a way to download the dumb apps OTA from the pre. Or better yet a way to download filecoaster OTA.

Doesn't seem like you followed the instructions properly... you have to be patient, read the instructions carefully, and follow the steps properly. If you can't do that, then you probably should not try to delve into Homebrew at all. The whole process is quite easy, but not ***** proof by any means. Until Palm opens the app store and when or if Filecoaster/Preware are posted in the official app store, there will be no way to initially download homebew OTA directly without webos quickinstall. Happy hunting elsewhere..........

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    Sometimes it just takes a second or third read through the instructions. I'm barely computer literate and was able to very easily install homebrew with Jason's WebOS Installer. I'm not great with computers, but I do love to read!

That's probably all it it. The same questions are posted over and over and over. If people would just spend an hour or so reading though the forums, you WILL find an answer to your question
    This person has a post at "Give up on Pre Apps installs and fileCoaster" post #31. Says about the same thing. He/She is not coming back, which is a shame. Agree with the "contra code".
    To the person in question -
    After you take a deep breath, come back and start over with us. Sounds like you just dug yourself in and never came up for air. The members here are all here to help each other. Why not let us.
    I heard that Skyscape has ipod touch device with some medical software in less price on their website. Is it true?
    I heard that Skyscape has ipod touch device with some medical software in less price on their website. Is it true?