View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 36 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2631323334353637383940414686136 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    576 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    You have...17...uninteresting messages....BEEP!
    This thread has been won.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fraz View Post
    while we are b****ing about this topic, what about a notification light!!! c'mon palm, hear us complain and cry please!!!!
    Isn't 1.2 supposed to add the feature of using the gesture area light for notifications?
    Quote Originally Posted by pillzbury View Post
    Isn't 1.2 supposed to add the feature of using the gesture area light for notifications?
    I don't believe so. However, it seems that the code to do this has been added, but has been commented out. So my guess is their final implementation isn't done yet, but it more or less works. Expect a tweak to make it work.
    Just call me Berd.
    It set the stage for it, but in the leaked version a "tweak" would need to done to "unlock" it. If i remember it was commented out, meaning they put it all there but decided to block it for the time being, like the add/delete pages tweak...speaking of which, at this point should that not be available with this update?? I mean why keep it out? Same with the messaging avatar...those should be stock now right?

And slowest to respond to that question award goes to ED!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    348 Global Posts
    I'd much rather see the option of being able to change the damn default notification sound and have them customized by type of notification, whether be an IM, SMS, MMS, or even a notification from a separate application.

I'm sick of that "daa ding!"

(Yes I know there's an app for that but I don't feel I should have to leave an app running in the background to accomplish such a basic feature.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitalis View Post
    I'd much rather see the option of being able to change the damn default notification sound and have them customized by type of notification, whether be an IM, SMS, MMS, or even a notification from a separate application.

I'm sick of that "daa ding!"

(Yes I know there's an app for that but I don't feel I should have to leave an app running in the background to accomplish such a basic feature.)
    you don't need to have it running in the background
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    From my end, the title says "You're kidding me!" The time is now 4:36 AM. Your post says it's from 5 hours earlier.

Just FYI.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    webos cant find your phone or your comp cant
    I dont get all the obsession about video recording, i mean i dont even remember the last time i even recorded a video

Personally i care more about cut and paste than i do video recording
    Just to check, did you do the upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart trick to enable developer mode on the phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by domingeaux View Post
    I've read everything tried everything. I'm pretty computer savvy; I've tried installing the apps on Win Xp and Vista. No matter what I do...device not found or recognized! I'm giving up and getting an Iphone and I'm going to throw all my money away on their expensive monthly plans!Everyone has fixes for every issue, but not many for device not found.
    I'm going to assume you mean WebOS Quick Install giving you the Device Not Found error. Read the troubleshooting guide, there's many possible places where the issue could lie.

Quote Originally Posted by domingeaux View Post
    I've even tried all the platforms for loading files and apps. Why isn't there a way to download the dumb apps OTA from the pre. Or better yet a way to download filecoaster OTA.
    Simple answer: because siodeloading was not something Palm intended for us to do. Palm only wants apps on the App Catalog, so go ahead and use that. Sideloading has always be a non-official solution to been, and will always be done at your own risk and unsupported by Palm.
    Well, I think more than wanting the feature, it's annoyance that something our creaky old Treos could do (and which we laughed at our iPhone toting colleagues for their lack) is now something that we can't do. Back in the Palm OS days, we would have laughed at ourselves.
    when video recording does come along, these same ones so excited about cut n paste will be dancing in the streets. I figure it'll get here next update maybe in time for the 16gb Pre for the holidays which prompts new reviews, etc...

But remember, this is palm. Take caution when assuming. It appears that apple events are holidays to them as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by acydlord View Post
    Colour me oldschool, but if I feel the need to record video I'll go buy a Flip or a Xacti and keep it in my other pocket.
    Agreed. I actually have a custom designed Flip MinoHD that I use when I wanna capture a moment. 720p FTW!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiggitay View Post
    Agreed. I actually have a custom designed Flip MinoHD that I use when I wanna capture a moment. 720p FTW!
    Tried a Flip but it sucked. The new Kodak appears to be better. Still, i don't take multiple devices with me. The best one is the one you got on you which is always a phone for me.
    While I didn't necessarily need another thread about this, I will say that I miss being able to whip my phone out and record my kids. My last phone was a centro, and that was something I did frequently, what with two small kids the opportunity arises quite often. And after reading the updates that are supposed to occur next, I definitely feel disappointed that 'linkedin' came before the video recorder. That and 99% of the other crap with the update. But, I haven't started using my pre in the same ways as alot of you guys, so I guess I can understand why you may want all the other stuff right away.

On a sadder note, I have to bring my phone to sprint to day and pray for a replacement. I have two small fractures on the bottom left just outside of my screen, and I haven't dropped or hit the phone on anything at all. I've been more careful with this baby than with my children when they were tiny.
    Makes some sense they're waiting to add this with a 16gb Pre debut. Marketing driven updates. Just like the facebook app being shown with the Picksie.
    They can't....*gulp*...add hd space to the pre through an update...can they?
    I'm a little bummed as I've got a baby on the way in November... I do have a HD Handicam but I always have my phone on me and not my Handicam... Hopefully they'll have something out before the end of the year