View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 34 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2429303132333435363738394484134 ... LastLast
    In before the lock!
    probably getting my old treo 755p out and throwing my Pre on ebay.. Last straw for me and probably a lot of others.

Think of it this way...

People are saying "Geesh Palm can only do so much at once".. huh?

Look at all the wonders that the homebrew and webos wiki has done. literally, in such a short period of time, they have achieved amazing feats in webOS. It actually blows my mind on what they have done. Great respect to all of the developers out there that have done so many wonderful things.

Now Palm... A MULTI-MILLION dollar company, who released a device and cannot keep up with a small community of developers working out of their homes? Really?

My guess is this, Palm wants developers to "Develop" for them. Its cost effective, it works, and by golly, it gets done faster. I believe once the home dev's start breaking new grounds, Palm will then, add their hacks, mods, etc and be done with it.

I think a lot of us forget that this is a struggling company. They need all the help they can get and frankly, the dev's are providing a free service.

I truly, wouldn't be surprised, if there are 3 developers at Palm. Thats it. They know the WebOS front to back, they have an idea of what the hundreds of home devs are doing and they are sitting back and waiting for the moment to add their hard work into an updated webOS.

The Hero is looking awfully temping right now
    Quote Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
    Probably getting my old treo 755p out and throwing my Pre on ebay.. Last straw for me and probably a lot of others.
    K Bye

Think of it this way...

Sounds about right... their entire focus is the app catalog so those crying about fart apps etc can be appeased

Look at all the wonders that the homebrew and webos wiki has done. literally, in such a short period of time, they have achieved amazing feats in webOS. It actually blows my mind on what they have done. Great respect to all of the developers out there that have done so many wonderful things.
    The webos is an open system... There was a book written about it... the timeframe is on par with what people had to overcome

Now Palm... A MULTI-MILLION dollar company, who released a device and cannot keep up with a small community of developers working out of their homes? Really?
    Yes. Homebrew developers have a handful of apps to work on. Palms devs have the ENTIRE OS to work on

My guess is this, Palm wants developers to "Develop" for them. Its cost effective, it works, and by golly, it gets done faster. I believe once the home dev's start breaking new grounds, Palm will then, add their hacks, mods, etc and be done with it.
    while im sure they might take note of certain achievements, they wrote the OS and they know what it can do... i doubt they are waiting daily for new homebrew to rip-and-inject into their platform

I think a lot of us forget that this is a struggling company. They need all the help they can get and frankly, the dev's are providing a free service.
    thats an easy observation from someone who has no idea of the internal situation at palm and from looking outside in

I truly, wouldn't be surprised, if there are 3 developers at Palm. Thats it. They know the WebOS front to back, they have an idea of what the hundreds of home devs are doing and they are sitting back and waiting for the moment to add their hard work into an updated webOS.
    You can't be serious? By your logic the secretary is also the head of QA

go for it... im sure their forums will need members like you too
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    With WinMo I have to wait years for an update. Palm is giving us updates almost on a monthly basis. I am pleased with what Palm is doing. As for the OP, your deliberate use of a misleading title sucks.
    I'm all for democracy and free speech and all, but can we just straight up ban these stupid *** threads???

All they do is start another pissin match
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Alright folks, let's stop feeding the ultra-obvious trolls.
    Nah....you know what REALLY sucks? PAC-MAN on the Atari 2600! That sucks crap on a cracker!
    I likey take apart thingies....
    probably getting my old treo 755p out and throwing my Pre on ebay.. Last straw for me and probably a lot of others.

Think of it this way...

I agree 1000000%
    They want us to develop everything from power apps to basic functions, and still pay them hundreds of dollars for the phone that.. well like someone else said in some other post: "This phone and it's OS is like eating raw chicken."
    Could not have said it better myself.
    We are hanging at the edge of our seats with big goofy smiles just waiting for updates to add function to our pre that SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FROM DAY ONE. We had to pay them on day one, right?!
    I'm actually looking forward to goin back to WinMo. I can't believe it. This has been like a bad dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    You can't be serious? By your logic the secretary is also the head of QA
    Considering the build quality of some of the Pre's, there may be some truth to that.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    i agree 1000000%
    they want us to develop everything from power apps to basic functions, and still pay them hundreds of dollars for the phone that.. Well like someone else said in some other post: "this phone and it's os is like eating raw chicken."
    could not have said it better myself.
    We are hanging at the edge of our seats with big goofy smiles just waiting for updates to add function to our pre that should have been there from day one. We had to pay them on day one, right?!
    I'm actually looking forward to goin back to winmo. I can't believe it. This has been like a bad dream.
    get bent!
    Quote Originally Posted by dbd View Post
    I agree 1000000%
    They want us to develop everything from power apps to basic functions, and still pay them hundreds of dollars for the phone that.. well like someone else said in some other post: "This phone and it's OS is like eating raw chicken."
    Could not have said it better myself.
    We are hanging at the edge of our seats with big goofy smiles just waiting for updates to add function to our pre that SHOULD HAVE BEEN THERE FROM DAY ONE. We had to pay them on day one, right?!
    I'm actually looking forward to goin back to WinMo. I can't believe it. This has been like a bad dream.
    Yuppers,

The problem being, and I being one of them, we all have been waiting eargerly for this phone.. I have been waiting ever since the rumor of Palm's new OS. I've been a Palm OS fan for a very long time, I've had so many PDA's, phones, etc its hard to count.. When I heard about the Pre I was pumped.. I got to my local sprint store at 1am.. was first in line and first to purchase the pre.

Its a shame, but I do feel let down. I'm almost afraid to say this, a lot of people have made this phone their Hobby... They spent a lot of free time to research and a lot of hope that it would be an amazing device, yet it has fallen through the cracks. I think a lot of people are in a different world and think this phone is "the best thing since sliced bread"..
    I think a lot of people are in a different world and think this phone is "the best thing since sliced bread"..
    Or maybe, just maybe, different people have different needs and desires than you do. I know that might be hard to believe though.

Let's be reasonable here. A smartphone is a more personal device than even a computer, since it's something that's with you at all times. What works for us doesn't work for you, and that's fine. I just don't see why you stick with something not working for you though.
    I think a lot of people are in a different world and think this phone is "the best thing since sliced bread"..
    I don't find sliced bread all that amusing.

However, I do think this phone is quite revolutionary.

I also believe I live in the same world as a lot of people around me.
    Yuppers,

The problem being, and I being one of them, we all have been waiting eargerly for this phone.. I have been waiting ever since the rumor of Palm's new OS. I've been a Palm OS fan for a very long time, I've had so many PDA's, phones, etc its hard to count.. When I heard about the Pre I was pumped.. I got to my local sprint store at 1am.. was first in line and first to purchase the pre.

Its a shame, but I do feel let down. I'm almost afraid to say this, a lot of people have made this phone their Hobby... They spent a lot of free time to research and a lot of hope that it would be an amazing device, yet it has fallen through the cracks. I think a lot of people are in a different world and think this phone is "the best thing since sliced bread"..
    I have had many phones, and not one of them ever had me checking for updates, or new apps 3 months into it... For some reason I love the fact that I didn't buy a finished product, I liked it enough to buy and keep it, and it will only get better with time.
    If there was nothing else to add to this phone, and your wish list was completely empty, would it be the last phone you ever purchased???
  15.    #675  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Well, it's nice to see that the new "Pre General Complaints" thread solved everything.
    The Palm No Web OS 1.2 Update yet???? complaint thread was just merged into the General Complaint thread.

Please post your general complaints in this thread.

- Craig
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    Back to the Pre. I feel like Palm with their influx of Apple employees did the same thing to an extent. Yeah, there are some things missing, but I think what's there out of the box works great.
    Except for the Dialer, Synergy, and the Calendar...

But hey, at least those aren't important things.
    Quote Originally Posted by alan7467 View Post
    Back to the Pre. I feel like Palm with their influx of Apple employees did the same thing to an extent. Yeah, there are some things missing, but I think what's there out of the box works great.
    Except for the Dialer, Synergy, and the Calendar...

But hey, at least those aren't the important things.
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    i have a love hate thing goin on with my phone... i got a pre about 50 days ago... past my 30 days and the phone app just stoped working today... it wont turn off the screen when you hold it up to your face and i cant here any thing out my the ear peace.... BUT every thing els works...

should i take it back for a new one or do any of you have a fix for this

i do have the insurances on it

i heat this phone... its so slow and bugy... but god do i love this phone... it kicks ***
    i think the fix for the ear piece is blow into the headphone jack. Or you could try putting headphones in while listening to music, and then take them out but make sure it pauses the song. This is because it is stuck in headphone mode.
    Take off the back and pull the battery. Count to 10 and put it back in. Snap on the back and then hold the top power button until you see the boot screen. let it boot up (about 3mins) and then see if it works. Also you did not mention if you checked the volume level or have the blue-tooth running. All this should speed the phone back up after dumping bad memory.