View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 33 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2328293031323334353637384383133 ... LastLast
    i just need two updates...
    video recording and battery performance...
    i mean come on...
    If palm's future really depends on this phone, they need to do something soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Go whine on the Consumerist or something you manchildren, no one here worthwhile gives a rat's *** about your petty grievances.

This is PREcentral, and so far Palm is doing a pretty good job with the Pre for a company that everyone thought a few months ago was only worth the amount of money a corporate raider would pay for the logo. They've made missteps, but so far less than either Apple or Google did with 1.0 versions of their respective OS's. And, as noted, Palm is releasing updates exponentially faster than either Apple or Google (unless you're building Android bundt cake nightlies or whatever the hell their code version is up to now).

That being said, I'm adding an actual 1.2 update summary to my thread to make up for the useless baby who posted this one.

Edit: And it's pointless to compare 2009 Palm to their glory days, that company has been split up and rejoined more times than a botched Siamese twin separation.
    yea you sound like a reeealll mature right now. Glad you think equate defending a company on a internet forum to being worthwhile. you are an internet hero.
    Quote Originally Posted by chancekang View Post
    i just need two updates...
    video recording and battery performance...
    i mean come on...
    If palm's future really depends on this phone, they need to do something soon.
    or signal performance. Since my instinct holds a better signal than the pre. but lets not mention that bro. Those are "petty" grievances.
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    It sucks....

so far. They better add something before it is released officially. Its been about a month or so since we have heard any word from palm.
    Prefanatic - you opened this thread with a great title. However, you took what could have been a great post, that honestly would have given you a lot of respect by your forum-mates, and you messed it up.

This could have been the definitive thread on the 1.2 release if the content matched your thread title. Your thread could have been the thread that we scoured to to post our finding, no matter how little or big.

So what if 1.2 has, what you claim, minor features (although, this is always arguable)? If you truly are a Pre fanatic, hopefully you can begin contributing useful information to this forum.
    thank god this isnt a popularity contest or did i miss the memo?
    or signal performance. Since my instinct holds a better signal than the pre. but lets not mention that bro. Those are "petty" grievances.
    You are kidding right comparing the INSTINK to the pre? I came from the Instinct and that was a sad excuse for a phone (term used very lightly I might add). My instinct dropped 5 calls a day my pre has yet to drop 1.

I will admit I used vvm quite often however I am getting real tired of hearing how even your instinct had vvm! when vvm wasnt exclusive to the instinct. Grow up! my pre has synergy,multitasking,Google maps, A REAL app development community,and the ability to actually personalize it (cough,cough, Wallpaper).

If you like your instinct so much reactivate it and GTFA!
    thank god this isnt a popularity contest or did i miss the memo?
    you didnt get the memo b/c you arent popular

i keed i keed

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You do realize that the Pre has had faster updates than any other phone ever, right? The iPhone wasn't updated this fast. WM phones like the Touch Pro you're looking at are lucky if they get a single update ever. Android has been updated pretty well, but still not at this frequency.
    Could it be because those other phones already had features "out of the box" and the Pre is just playing catch up?

Just because the Pre has had faster updates (even if that were true) doesn't necessarily mean Palm is doing a better job. It should be about quality, not quantity.
    How can anyone honestly complain about this update? I mean fully functional copy and paste, and the fix for opening pdf's in the browser (as well as browser downloading) are VERY useful updates. Those alone should cut Palm some slack.
    and the mods SHOULD change the thread title to let it be known that this isnt a unbiased summary. The title is misleading
    Quote Originally Posted by smithwicks View Post
    How can anyone honestly complain about this update?
    My only complaint is that it hasn't been officially released yet.
    Any chance of getting a mod to update the title to this thread? Something more fitting like "If your not tired of hearing Prefanatic whine read me?"
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    and the mods SHOULD change the thread title to let it be known that this isnt a unbiased summary. The title is misleading
    I agree. This thread obviously isn't going to get anywhere. Close it or change title at the very least.
    yea you sound like a reeealll mature right now. Glad you think equate defending a company on a internet forum to being worthwhile. you are an internet hero.
    hahaha MY FORUM REP GIVES MEANING TO MY LIFE
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Any chance of getting a mod to update the title to this thread? Something more fitting like "If your not tired of hearing Prefanatic whine read me?"
    +10 internets to you
    Quote Originally Posted by mrloserpunk View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    +10 internets to you
    ahh internet love. I think i just came.

hey hey hey... this isnt 4chan... keep it PG or else youll get some love from the mod-probe
    And now you can go.

J/K
    Thread title misleading. OP's name misleading. Sad.
    Probably getting my old treo 755p out and throwing my Pre on ebay.. Last straw for me and probably a lot of others.

Think of it this way...

People are saying "Geesh Palm can only do so much at once".. huh?

Look at all the wonders that the homebrew and webos wiki has done. literally, in such a short period of time, they have achieved amazing feats in webOS. It actually blows my mind on what they have done. Great respect to all of the developers out there that have done so many wonderful things.

Now Palm... A MULTI-MILLION dollar company, who released a device and cannot keep up with a small community of developers working out of their homes? Really?

My guess is this, Palm wants developers to "Develop" for them. Its cost effective, it works, and by golly, it gets done faster. I believe once the home dev's start breaking new grounds, Palm will then, add their hacks, mods, etc and be done with it.

I think a lot of us forget that this is a struggling company. They need all the help they can get and frankly, the dev's are providing a free service.

I truly, wouldn't be surprised, if there are 3 developers at Palm. Thats it. They know the WebOS front to back, they have an idea of what the hundreds of home devs are doing and they are sitting back and waiting for the moment to add their hard work into an updated webOS.

The Hero is looking awfully temping right now