View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 32 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536374282132 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bjb_nyj101 View Post
    It seems as though your lacks proper punctuation as well. I'm guessing that you were attempting to type an ellipsis. Nice try, but the next time you try to point out someone's mistakes, be sure that your own post is error-free... I shall do the same.
    Thanks for the tip! Guess you missed that i was responding to similar.

But right back at ya "It seems as though your lacks proper punctuation as well." LOL What about "your" lacks this proper punctuation you speak of?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidminor03 View Post
    Thats because Ford owns a controlling share of the company and quite a few cars are made here in the US
    Ford doesn't own a controlling share anymore. They sold most of their stake to raise funds. And the only Mazda vehicles produced in the United States are the Mazda6 (Flat Rock, MI), Mazda B2000 (Twin Cities, MN), and the Mazda Tribute (Kansas City, MO)

And your Acura? Nothing but an overpriced, rebadged Honda.

That being said, and since this is a Pre complaint thread, I want to complain about the application folder size. It's ridiculous that I have to delete 20 homebrew applications to install a couple form the app catalog.

For a supposed user friendly and open source phone, they sure have locked it pretty good in this regard.
    It sucks....

so far. They better add something before it is released officially. Its been about a month or so since we have heard any word from palm.
    Maybe you should wait until it's "officially" released. Just wondering how you could say "it sucks" and it's not even out yet? What, based off the leak that more than likely wasn't the full update?

Some people need to really relax.
    Okay, first of all, copy and paste from anywhere, saving images and links from the browser, and email searching are major things people were asking for, and it sucks? I mean come on, there's only so much they can do at once.
    Hey you know what else sucks?

Your posting
    Quote Originally Posted by Leathal View Post
    Hey you know what else sucks?

Your posting
    Thank you, that made me feel better about not being able to find an ignore button.
    Quote Originally Posted by prefanatic View Post
    It sucks....

so far. They better add something before it is released officially. Its been about a month or so since we have heard any word from palm.
    Just curious if you even have it on your Pre. If not, then this post is even stupider than I thought at first.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Okay, first of all, copy and paste from anywhere, saving images and links from the browser, and email searching are major things people were asking for, and it sucks? I mean come on, there's only so much they can do at once.
    I was hoping to find a nice summary of what this update has when i opened the thread.

Anyway, anyone have a good post of what the new features are?
    Last edited by cashen; 09/04/2009 at 05:16 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    those are all good and all minor.

with hero about to launch. they could have done something a little more. i dunno like allow better coding and hardware access.

or a visual voice mail app since the app store is still behind homebrew

or hey about the video recording they promised a while.

or text forwarding

but hey i can save images now. Thats what people have been dying for since the they got the pre. Hey look ma. I can save images now after months of the phone being out. I still have a phone with great hardware that cant be accessed by developers or an app store thats is getting crushed by homebrew but i can save those darn images.
    this thread was a freakin waste of space. What the heck do you want your phone to do? Cook breakfast, or maybe pick up chics for ya? I don't get it... as jhoff80 said, they have addressed quite a few of the most wanted adjustments, making the experience much easier.

you can't just expect them to crank out tons of updates and each one be lightyears ahead of the last. Just doesn't work that way.

Ok, it is true that Apple would hold back slightly on what they release in updates, but whether its BB, Mac OS, or WebOS, it takes alot of time and effort into writing code for these phones. Its not for the faint of heart man. The whole point of an operating system is not just to work, its to work WELL. Palm is taking their time (and thankfully its not their sweet time, they are still timely ) to get things right.

I'm just happy with daily progress in apps/patches/tricks/hacks
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I was hoping to find a nice summary of what this update has when i opened the thread.

Anyway, anyone have a good post of what the new features are?
    this might help
    forums.precentral net/1870064-post321.html

this would be the closer for me....

only problem i see here (and as we know, the pre doesn't an auto focus on the camera) is that people will just complain about video quality... just seems like no matter what a company will do, their will be thousands unsatisfied and talking ish. I'd be happy even if it wasn't stunning quality. there is only so much you can do with 3mp's.

plus, if i wanted to make a high quality video, i wouldn't rely on my phone, i'd go spend 150 bucks on a unit made ONLY for pics/videos.
    those are all good and all minor.

with hero about to launch. they could have done something a little more. i dunno like allow better coding and hardware access.

or a visual voice mail app since the app store is still behind homebrew

or text forwarding

but hey i can save images now. Thats what people have been dying for since the they got the pre. Hey look ma. I can save images now after months of the phone being out. I still have a phone with great hardware that cant be accessed by developers or an app store thats is getting crushed by homebrew but i can save those darn images.
    I don't know if you are aware of this or not.... The apps in the homebrew WILL BE the apps in the official app store.
    Sure there might be some that aren't in homebrew, but if those are the ones you want, then the app store isn't being "crushed" now is it?
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I for one am a little disappointed in Palm's update frequency and lack of feature adds. Plus, I feel the Palm Marketplace is an after-thought for them. I'll be switching into an HTC Touch Pro 2 or Hero depending on which fits me better.

Sorry Palm, I wanted to believe in you, but I think you promised too much and delivered too late.
    I've said this a million times on other threads, but if you don't like what the Pre has now, then you should've returned it. There's no reason to keep a device that's not working for you based on potential. If you like the sound of the Hero so much, then switch to that for now, and down the line, reassess your needs to see if webOS fits them.

Sure, there's still a ton of potential for webOS, but the reason I keep my Pre is that it works for me now, and any update, especially one as 'little' as this (even though you freely admit it's added features people have wanted since launch) is appreciated. Don't get me wrong, they've still got a long way to go, but if the positives of the device weren't greatly outshining the negatives, I wouldn't have kept it.
    Quote Originally Posted by existential View Post
    I for one am a little disappointed in Palm's update frequency
    You do realize that the Pre has had faster updates than any other phone ever, right? The iPhone wasn't updated this fast. WM phones like the Touch Pro you're looking at are lucky if they get a single update ever. Android has been updated pretty well, but still not at this frequency.

But, if you think you need to switch, then by all means get what would work best for you.
    well this thread is useless and misleading...

if nothing else you should have titled it with BETA or LEAKED so when people use search or come across this thread when 1.2 is ACTUALLY released they can get an actual useful summary instead of some +1 posters whiny complaints
    jhoff: I think many people like me (who dont speak up because they dont want to be chewed out by fans) would like to see bigger moves made from a company that was on top, fell because of dumb choices, and is trying to get back on top. Pre fans can make all the excuses for the palm they want (considering palm says almost nothing) but lets be real. Fierce competition is launching on the ONLY carrier in the US the pre is on right now. Its not like the Pre is in its own untouchable world. Its my OPINION that they should kick it into high gear and do something major. VVM/video recording/1000's of apps/open gl>>>>>>>>>better copy paste and image saving after all this time.

Its not like the pre isnt capable they just have to implement it in a update. Hopefully real flash does come to the pre this fall because the hero can do that too.
    Go whine on the Consumerist or something you manchildren, no one here worthwhile gives a rat's *** about your wishlists and grievances being posted for the 1000th time. "I WANT A VIDEO CAMERA WITH ADOBE PREMIERE FOR WEBOS AND ALSO A BUILT IN CAN OF MACE AND I WANT IT YESTERDAY. PALM IS DOOOOOMED."

This is PREcentral, and so far Palm is doing a pretty good job with the Pre for a company that everyone thought a few months ago was only worth the amount of money a corporate raider would pay for the logo. They've made missteps, but so far less than either Apple or Google did with 1.0 versions of their respective OS's. And, as noted, Palm is releasing updates exponentially faster than either Apple or Google (unless you're building Android bundt cake nightlies or whatever the hell their code version is up to now).

That being said, I'm adding an actual 1.2 update summary to my thread to make up for this one.

Edit: And it's pointless to compare 2009 Palm to their glory days, that company has been split up and rejoined more times than a botched Siamese twin separation.
    Last edited by Leathal; 09/04/2009 at 05:48 PM.