View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 31 of 225 FirstFirst ... 2126272829303132333435364181131 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 620 of 4493
  1. darcside's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    #601  
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyg View Post
    Mine does, but it has a bug and now it's stuck in robot mode.

    It's so hard to drive
    This one made me literally laugh out loud lol
  2. #602  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And, as I said, you're allegation that I'm "manufacturing" stuff was a bit misleading. You're comments could reasonably have been interpreted the way I did. As a matter of fact, I'd have to say most people would have been hard pressed to read your comments and have them lead to the conclusion that you are developing.
    Hparsons, I don't think you were manufacturing stuff, per se. I just think the lack of logic in your various posts sometimes makes it difficult to understand what you are trying to say, why you are trying to say it, and if you've actually said it. So in this particular instance I'll give you the benefit of doubt.

    But I agree with a few others that we all have different views on whether Palm should be embarrassed. On the one hand Palm was able to come up with a very innovative platform, WebOS. However, there are a few gaps that if not fixed over time (if not soonest) will make Palm's lead in key areas like multitasking, disappear.

    There will soon be a flurry of phones on the Windows, Android, Nokia, and Blackberry platforms. Not to talk about the next version of the iPhone. Palm can't afford to sit still and assume all is well.
  3. lyncha's Avatar
    Posts
    51 Posts
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    #603  
    Quote Originally Posted by Urkel View Post
    Why NOT complaining may be a bad thing.

    Think of the products out there with the most obnoxious and vigilant defenders and many of them are the ones that tend to remain stuck in the past in many aspects. TiVo, OS X, iPhone, Wii, Garmin etc. All fantastic products (that I love and use) but try talking to a fan about a flaw and you'll get your head chewed off. And the result is too much praise and too slow in competitive changes. The reason multitasking isn't available on the iPhone isn't because it's impossible, it's because they don't have an unpaid defense force of closed-minded "enthusiasts" that will punch out anyone who says it's a mandatory feature. End result: Multitasking in 2013 rather than 2008.

    But then look at the products in the past few years that seemed to get dumped on a daily basis. PS3, XBox, Windows, Palm all got criticized heavily for not keeping pace and you can see so many positive changes that have made those products better.

    It's debateable how much influence "complaining jerks" have on making a product better. But there's no question that people trying to restrain public opinion are doing absolutely nothing for the future of that product. You wouldn't have Win7 without Vista-Haters, you wouldn't have Exchange support on Snow Leopard without us begging for a way to use our Macs in the office and you wouldn't have the George Foreman Deluxe Grill without complaints about the original being too small for a baby calf.

    You may not appreciate the "complainers" now, but you can thank us later when the Pre 2 comes out with 32GB+ memory, a functional nipple, speedy interface and autofocus camera.
    (smilee indicates "lighten up dudes")
    There's a major difference between aimless ranting/complaining and complaining for effect. Most of the complaint posts disappear to the "FAIL" post graveyard with 10 or less replies because no one wants to here you b!tch without offering a means for correction of the problem.

    There are many developers who've noticed flaws in the Pre and complained about them. The difference is that they took the necessary steps to create patches, tweaks, and apps that aid the average user in correcting the flaw.

    In short, there are more productive ways to complain.
  4. larnapp's Avatar
    Posts
    171 Posts
    Global Posts
    181 Global Posts
    #604  
    I find this whole thing kind of interesting. I also find myself in an interesting place in this argument... both sides.

    My last phone was a Treo 755p. This is an EXCELLENT phone with the benefit of being a mature device with thousands of apps on a mature platform. But as more and more improvements came from other handset manufacturers and carriers, I began to realize that the phone was too big and bulky, the screen was smaller that it should be, and the internet experience was pathetic. As someone who owned all the Palm devices since the beginning, I found myself starting to complain (a little) for the first time in a decade, because there was nothing happening to fix these increasingly annoying issues. Overall it was the best Sprint option, but the pre-publicity for the Pre looked promising, so...

    I bought the Pre on day 1 and found myself thrilled by all the good Pre stuff. I love the form factor, screen size, web and email performance, etc. I, however, found myself in the camp who thinks Palm should be held accountable for the shortcomings of their phone as well. Let me be clear, I'm not talking about unpromised, unfulfilled features... just real shortcomings. You won't find me complaining about things like visual voicemail, a compass, or other features that iPhones or Blackberries have and which I "wish" Palm would include on the Pre. However, you WILL hear me complain about the sorry state of PIM functionality until it gets fixed.

    To continue with the car analogy, it's like some company just rolled out a killer new car with great looks, a beautiful passenger compartment, and a powerful, pollution-free engine that runs on air... BUT the freaking thing doesn't have power steering or power brakes and they haven't updated the transmission so you gotta cruise around town in first gear all the time until some possible future update! Heck, the transmission, steering and brake updates might even have to come from 3rd party add-ons, but I digress. Sure, you can make it go and steer and stop it, but crap!! What an annoying experience! (At least it still looks good and there's hope for future improvements.)

    I guess in the end I love my Pre for all the cool things it does and I'll defend against what I think are the crazy complaints against it. On the other hand, until the calendar speeds up A LOT, and the Task program is packed with worthwhile (working and syncing) features, and there's a real-world sync-able Memo solution (don't even get me started about the buggy, $45-a-year Evernote excuse of a memo app!) I'll chime in and complain loudly along with all the other crazed forum posters.

    I can't wait until Palm (or some praiseworthy 3rd party) fixes the calendar, memos, and tasks. Then I too, can be a full-time Pre defender and start telling everyone who complains, that they're crazy.
  5. geogray's Avatar
    Posts
    82 Posts
    Global Posts
    85 Global Posts
    #605  
    AMEN. TROLLS and whiners, go somewhere else.
    The PRE is awesome, works as advertised (for me, anyway) and I am looking forward to what the future holds for the phone and WebOS.
  6. #606  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    There's a major difference between aimless ranting/complaining and complaining for effect. Most of the complaint posts disappear to the "FAIL" post graveyard with 10 or less replies because no one wants to here you b!tch without offering a means for correction of the problem.

    There are many developers who've noticed flaws in the Pre and complained about them. The difference is that they took the necessary steps to create patches, tweaks, and apps that aid the average user in correcting the flaw.

    In short, there are more productive ways to complain.
    THAT is your standard for a "good" or "productive" complaint?

    "Gosh, the Pre takes a while to do X. While it's bothersome, I guess I'll just download the SDK, learn Javascript and HTML programming and try to work around limited API access so I can fix it. Meanwhile, Palm should simply sit back and pat themselves on the back."

    I mean, seriously?
  7. urkel's Avatar
    Posts
    944 Posts
    Global Posts
    946 Global Posts
    #607  
    Quote Originally Posted by lyncha View Post
    In short, there are more productive ways to complain.
    I agree with that. But complaining about complainers is probably the MOST unproductive complaint because it detracts from the subject.

    This place isn't supposed to be about the PEOPLE, it's supposed to be about the PRODUCT. Yet here we are.
  8. #608  
    Quote Originally Posted by ronlongo View Post
    People aren't very bright and don't realize the realities of the world. When there are multiple competing products, each will have its strengths and weaknesses. Some will do X better others will do Y better, etc. None will do all things perfectly for all people. You have a lot of not-so-bright people who just bought a Pre which does Y amazingly but they are coming from a product which does X amazingly and they are focused on the strengths of that previous product. Their minds are not flexible enough to adjust to the differences. It's a whole lot easier to complain rather than adjust one's usage habbits of a product.
    So your arguement is that anyone who says anything mean about the Pre is stupid?
  9. #609  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I'm simply taking your nonsense to its logical conclusion. EVERYTHING on the Pre currently works as advertised. So really any further adjustments should be made on the part of customers who need to rewire themselves. And why should Palm add anything? People should rewire themselves to accept it as it is.

    That should work out wonderfully for Palm.
    That may be your logical conclusion; but I can hardly see how you would think it's mine, since I said just the opposite.
  10. zna03's Avatar
    Posts
    281 Posts
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    #610  
    Had it since day 1 and love it. Great phone works very well for how I use it. Definitly funny when people ***** about them screwing up the phones, i've had to webOSdoctor my phone and I knew it was my fault and oh well 30 mins later I was back where I was before with a little knowledge about what to and what not to try
  11. #611  
    seriously what's with all the complaints, if people don't like it use something else. i love mine
  12. #612  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    That may be your logical conclusion; but I can hardly see how you would think it's mine, since I said just the opposite.
    "The vast majority of those people that have all of these complaints about this brand new device, with a brand new interface, and brand new OS, are using it the way they've always used their other devices.
    And it's only been out 3 months. If they continue to use it, they will get "rewired". They will learn the features. They will get happier.
    "

    You have a real funny way of recollecting what you say. I don't have the energy to play the same game with you today. Your quotes are easy enough to read for anyone who cares.

    I actually don't mind that you want people to be as docile and accepting as you, but I just wish you'd admit it.
  13. pistos's Avatar
    Posts
    66 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    #613  
    I got nothing but love to throw Pre's way too.
  14. #614  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    "The vast majority of those people that have all of these complaints about this brand new device, with a brand new interface, and brand new OS, are using it the way they've always used their other devices.
    And it's only been out 3 months. If they continue to use it, they will get "rewired". They will learn the features. They will get happier.
    "

    You have a real funny way of recollecting what you say. I don't have the energy to play the same game with you today. Your quotes are easy enough to read for anyone who cares.

    I actually don't mind that you want people to be as docile and accepting as you, but I just wish you'd admit it.
    You left off the last sentence. I suppose there was a reason for that.
    In addition, while they're doing that, Palm will be cleaning up minor issues, and adding major functions.
    And, again with the insults. I'm neither as docile, nor accepting, as you appear to think. I've just learned to prioritize some things in life.

    Now, if you would simply either learn to read, or stop leaving out essential parts of things when you want to find fault, things might be a bit smoother...
  15. #615  
    Man I hate the way...

    Nah i'm just kiddin' I sometimes find myself looking down and staring at the phone in what can only be called "Tech Lust" I haven't felt like this about a phone since my Treo 650 (God rest her little electronic soul). I even went back to the forum boards I used to peruse with my old PPC's (6700-6850) and smiled with unenvying glee. I haven't even wanted to throw this phone into a wall (The 6700 lived through it though. the little tank was a BEAST!)

    I am looking forward to all the greatness forthcoming. GO PRE
  16. #616  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    You left off the last sentence. I suppose there was a reason for that.

    And, again with the insults. I'm neither as docile, nor accepting, as you appear to think. I've just learned to prioritize some things in life.

    Now, if you would simply either learn to read, or stop leaving out essential parts of things when you want to find fault, things might be a bit smoother...
    Oooo, burn. Adding that last, unrelated sentence totally changes everything.

    So feisty in debate, so submissive with Palm. That's a mildly interesting dichotomy.
  17. #617  
    Quote Originally Posted by Diviance View Post
    Amen brother, my mazda's cup holder is too small to hold two cups. Curse you japanese car makers!
    Thats because Ford owns a controlling share of the company and quite a few cars are made here in the US

    My Acura's cup holder are just fine for size, and I complain and joined forums to ***** and complain about all the stupid **** that shouldn't be wrong with a luxury car as well because its nice to know that im not alone in being mad that **** I paid good money for either works or doesn't work. comradery thats why we have these things I guess lol
    treo 650 > treo 700w > treo 800 > palm pre > evo 4g > 3vo

    galaxy tab 7
    htc evo view
  18. #618  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Yep, nothing like burying your head in the sand to make sure you don't see anything positive about the Pre on a Pre oriented forum...

    I take it this is goodbye for me?
    I have a Pre, the only thing that keeps me from getting rid of it when its flaws and unfinnished state get me down are its positives.

    That wont get you on the list, I try to maintain a higher standard then that. I usually add people for repeating [Edit - Deleted so you don't receive an infraction].

    So if you want to get there, you now know how!
    Last edited by Milominderbinder; 09/03/2009 at 11:45 PM.
  19.    #619  
    Welcome to the new home for General Palm Pre Complaints and replies.

    Please read the opening post if you haven't already.

    - Craig
  20. #620  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Or use punctuation..
    It seems as though your lacks proper punctuation as well. I'm guessing that you were attempting to type an ellipsis. Nice try, but the next time you try to point out someone's mistakes, be sure that your own post is error-free... I shall do the same.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions