View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 224 of 225 FirstFirst ... 124174214219220221222223224225 LastLast
Results 4,461 to 4,480 of 4493
    i agree some apps on webOS is really lacking. However, I do have both galaxy tab and my pre. and I don't think shear number of apps is as important, if HP can successfully get most big name apps onto webOS, it would be good enough.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Thank you Garrett for your input, since i have had my pre i definitely have noticed the effort and time you put into improving the pre on the homebrew front. And i still love my pre but sadly im really starting to loose faith. Google keeps giving palm the middle finger, and google makes ALOT of the mainstream, important apps and improvements. and as much as i love to make fun of people with iOS when a notification interrupts their app or android users when they think they have real multitasking, us palm users got excited when revvio decided to port angry birds. angry birds was out for well over half a year before we got it just as a testament to how behind palm is.
    It will all change soon... Palm actually has money now. Hang on, the rollercoaster is just getting to the top of the climb.
    <<thread merged>>
    my palm pre screen freaking cracked spider style from the center ball.. sucks
    I got my pre+ for a total of $35 as a refurb. The wifi signal is so weak I can only get about a 15ft. range from my router.
    The phone works awesome though so I will use the pre as my phone/camera/gps device while I'm on the road. No voice dial really sux though but at least my parrot kit installed in my car has voice dialing.
    I just got an iPod Touch for the apps and it's sweet but deffinately not as cool as webos.
    I'm gonna keep the pre with data turned off most of the time to keep my cell bill down and use the ipod as a pda/app device...seems kinda backwards now that I think about it.
    I really like my Palm Pre+, but I wish it didn't restart or be off when I go to use it. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a solution for me that prevents my phone from being off or restarting on me when it's not in use.

I got mine during the buy one get one free deal at Verizon, and the phone was $50 and I had a $50 credit for the new phone. so I got two Palm Pre+s for free. Sweet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamhandman View Post
    I really like my Palm Pre+, but I wish it didn't restart or be off when I go to use it. Does this happen to anyone else? Is there a solution for me that prevents my phone from being off or restarting on me when it's not in use.

I got mine during the buy one get one free deal at Verizon, and the phone was $50 and I had a $50 credit for the new phone. so I got two Palm Pre+s for free. Sweet.
    Mine did that because the battery doesn't seat as tight as it should so I put a business card against the battery and taped it down with painters tape.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Not sure if this is the place to post this but...

My power button has decided to stick and I can not shut my Pre off or turn it on...Please help!!!!!!
    if a sprint Pre, go to a repair store...will take 10 min to fix. Happened to me. Not sure how the other carriers handle repairs
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Unfortunately I'm in Canada and with Bell...they don't have anything like that.
    As we reported last week, it's getting more and more difficult to track down a webOS phone these days. The latest to fall is the Verizon Palm Pixi Plus, which is no longer listed on VerizonWireless.com.-- Dieter Bohn 1/28/
    This is how to flush your brand name down the toilet 101.
    My launch day sprint Pre had been on its way out the door due to hardware problems for the last 6 months. It would reboot all the time, it was stuck in headset mode, the screen became non-responsive at times. Now I don't blame Palm or sprint for any of those problems. I was a very heavy user of this phone for nearly two years and one day last summer I baked it on the dashboard of my car. After 6 months of living with said problems my Pre needed to be replaced. Only problem I couldn't replace it.
    This was a huge mistake by Palm and Sprint. For Palm to not have quietly slip-streamed the Pre2 into their supply chain last summer effectively replacing all Pre's on the market was a huge mistake and quite possibly it could have killed their brand for good.
    Replacing my Pre with a pixi was not an option I would accept nor was spending good money on a used outdated phone. My only acceptable option was to switch to a new Android device, which I did, and I didn't even want to! I would have been happy to stay with Palm if they had a halfway viable phone on the market.
    Imagine an Apple fan boy buying a dell computer because there were no available MacBooks to buy? You can't imagine it because Apple would never let that happen.
    We, Palm fan boys, take solace in the fact that WebOS is a superior operating system to all others and I think we would all like to believe that in due time the best operating system will win out. Well I am here to say keep dreaming.

In a few months Palm is going to drop some kickbut products on the market, but their phones will never make a comeback from being left out to die. When these tablets and phones get announced the average Joe on the street will say to themselves "Didn't Palm die already? No thanks I will stick with my iphone or android phone." While I believe there may be some room in the market place for a WebOS tablet that will not save the phone market and thanks to HP/Palm essentially doing nothing (in the public eye) for the past year they have for all intensive purposes killed their brand name and phone line.
    It is not that often that you see a brand with a great product and loyal fans die but we may have just seen it due to poor management of their brand.
    Last edited by Cantaffordit; 01/28/2011 at 02:52 PM.
    <thread merged>
    My Verizon Pre Plus has been having this issue with the "Application Updates" for about a week. Looked everywhere for a fix, can't find anything...
    If you don't want the phone, I will take it off your hands for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by chopperjohn52 View Post
    My last new every two is coming up soon, and i can't wait to unload this junk phone, with it's junk OS. Going Android! Where i should have been in the first place. THIS PHONE AND OS IS GOING NOWHERE FAST!!!!!!
    Verizon is bad enough with dealing with people, i dont need a junk phone to make things worse!!
    Seriously, you registered on a discussion forum for this one post?

I suspect a merge is in your future.
    Where's the complaints/goodbye thread...3....2...

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    <<merged another one>>
    i went to preware, i went to installed packages, then to application, i deleted the mobile hotspot, and a few other things i didnt need. mostly the gps stuff, Had to do a restart, when i did the hotspot was back, so i said what the heck and tried it, and it worked!!
    Still hate this phone and still going to Android!!
    Are you bored?

Have you considered AndroidCentral?

Sent from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!