View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 219 of 225 FirstFirst ... 119169209214215216217218219220221222223224 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,380 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Other than the header, was there are question in there? The only one that can answer whether it's time to go is the person asking. In your case, you seem to have answered with "I'm patiently waiting for CES" (though it sounds like it should have been "impatiently").
    No, no question. I just had to get it off my chest.
    Get a new phone for now, come back when webOS is on better hardware. If it's worth it for you $

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Awesome View Post
    No, no question. I just had to get it off my chest.
    There's a thread for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Admiral Awesome View Post
    My contract with Sprint is almost at the point where I can get a new phone without paying an early termination fee. While I absolutely adore WebOS, the poor quality of the hardware and the lack of some pretty basic smartphone features (voice dialing, visual voicemail, BT file transfer, etc., as well as corporate-friendly features like VPN and encryption) have left a bit a of a greasy taste in my mouth. Couple that with the lack of any word on the 2.0 update and the fact that the Pre seems to be disappearing from each carrier one-by-one makes me seriously want to consider another option. I'm tired of having the 1st-in-software-but-3rd-in-carrier-backing phone. Anyone else getting a serious itch for a new shiny? I'm patiently waiting for CES, but if we don't start hearing some hard release dates for some new hardware (and new software), I don't think I can hang on much longer!
    I've hung on since Sprint launch day, June 6th 2009. As of tomorrow, I will have my Evo. You can get them for less than $150 now for a contract extension.

I've waited long enough. Too many promises, too little results.
    I Have set my email accounts to "as itemes arrive" and it is a bit better, wish there was " a "as items arrive" option for Facebook notifications. When is Webos 2.0 gonna come out for older devices (Palm pre, Palm pre plus and Pixi)?
    If it wasn't for crap battery life and slow processors, this phone would pick up all other phones and throw them through the ground Lol

Quote Originally Posted by RiPPeRZz_2k10 View Post
    If it wasn't for crap battery life and slow processors, this phone would pick up all other phones and throw them through the ground Lol
    You forgot about the small screen, horrible built quality, and the lack of developer support because Palm abandoned us.
    Last edited by Pioneer; 12/07/2010 at 06:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer View Post
    You forgot about the small screen, horrible built quality, and the lack of developer support because Palm abandoned us.
    Palm didn't "abandon" you, you left, or at least, said you did.

New software is coming out for my phone. New OS is coming out for my phone. I still like my phone. Sorry you don't, but no big deal. As you said, maybe time to move on...
    I think the build quality is alright, and the screen is small because it has the awesome "Gesture" area

Quote Originally Posted by RiPPeRZz_2k10 View Post
    Man, I am getting so tired of the battery life. I really think that is the worst feature of the Pre. I have had Palms and Pre's and "sold" Pre's to others. But today, I asked a Droid 2 user how long he battery lasts. He said he gets about two days out of it. Ha-ha-ha. Man, I have an extended battery and I can't get 8 hours with moderate use out of it. (yes, I know all the battery saving tricks.)

I mean really. I gave my wife a Pre to use and even with her limited use, the battery is dead before the end of the day. Yes, I gave her a couple of touchstones but if she forgets to put it on a touchstone, it dies.

So, just a little rant, but to me, the battery life is the weak link and will be the death of the Pre.
    Yeh, patience ran out.

Booked a very good deal with Costco on monthly fee as well as 2 devices. After 10 days...very spotty 3G and 4G coverage in San Diego/Palm Desert plus so so device experience killed the experiment.

Was valuable ed re Android and HTC, so I'm better positioned to eval post CES options.

Sprint wants over $550 from me as a 1 year Premier to get 2 EVOs...BS. I have a competitive corporate plan and EVO is a good device, but appealing options scream out each day.

Conclusion...if you have the time to evaluate something new, keep your current deal, see how your new option performs in your environs.
    So just in case there are no new HP WebOs phones at CES, I stopped by a local Sprint store and played around with a Epic 4g (no 4g coverage in Phoenix AZ yet it was big but it was very light in weight. The keyboard was roomy but felt good and I tried that Swipe thingy out. I also looked at the EVO but I liked the Epic with a physical keyboard. It moved pretty fast and the Android OS wasn't that bad while messing around with it. Someone had logged on to their personal Facebook page and left it open, so I posted a couple of post on their profile Overall I think I will get the Epic if there isn't anything new from HP/Palm at CES. I will miss Webos but if something from HP/Palm comes out that I like, I WILL BE BACK.
    Why would you post on someone else's Facebook?

And this should go in the cross-platform chat.
    Global Posts
    810 Global Posts
    Quick call the thread police we have a thread in the wrong section.
    To be honest with you, if you cannot wait for a Palm phone, and the Epic and EVO were a little big, Sprint should be releasing a smaller version of the EVO, the EVO Shift 4G. It is the same thing for the EVO except it has only a 3.7" screen. I imagine it will be out very soon. Hope that was helpful.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    The Epic is a great phone, The size is awesome and the battery life is 4 hrs better than the Pre. Oh and apps launch instantly not 30 seconds like the Pre. Dont get me wrong I love WebOs for the elegance and simplicity but the Epic just works like its supposed to, And the screen is unbelievable. I switched due to hardware issues and screen size, I'm getting older and my eyes dont like the small screen Pre.

In short the Epic is a Great device and the apps are way better.

Heres to hoping HP picks up the pace and doesnt drop the ball!
    Please hit the thanks button if I helped you

If you've enjoyed my patches please feel free to donate towards further development.

Follow the link below.

If Palm does not announce something great and here soon, afraid I am leaning to the Epic as well....
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I checked it out a few days after it was released. Pretty cool but not enough for me too switch. It was really light in weight which kinda made it feel cheap to me. The real drawback was it had the 'oreo effect' worse than any Pre I've owned and it was only on display for a few days. Cool software and great screen though..
    There should be at least a small variety of phones announced for release on Sprint in January, then we'll have some fresh choices to make..
    Don't like landscape keyboards. If the Droid Pro or Motorola Spice were available on Sprint, I'd be giving them a serious look.
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    An awesome OS on crappy hardware with crappy apps.

I like the pricing of my Sprint plan (especially with the 25% discount for being a credit union member).

I'm thinking after CES I'll probably get some sort of Android phone.