View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 216 of 225 FirstFirst ... 116166206211212213214215216217218219220221 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 4493
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Battery life seems to be my biggest complaint. Oh, and lack of physical arrow keys.

Sometimes without them it's really hard to navigate/edit text, and it frustrates me to hell and back.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post

Oh, and lack of physical arrow keys.

Sometimes without them it's really hard to navigate/edit text, and it frustrates me to hell and back.
    I guess that you are aware that you can move the cursor by holding down the orange/grey key and moving your finger anywhere on the screen?
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I guess that you are aware that you can move the cursor by holding down the orange/grey key and moving your finger anywhere on the screen?
    No I wasn't. haha
    Thanks!
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Mair View Post
    So how do i get passed the carrier sign in, with out doing this stupid doctor crap.?

where the skip button??? if there isn't a way to do it right on the phone then its garbage.
    (not saying any devs progress is worthless) but it is not what you would call user friendly at all and for the average Palm Pre user the phone is garbage after you are done with it period, this patch/homebrew stuff is mickeymouse stuff and Palm needs to get there act together by making it easier to get this stuff on your phone and use Palm Pre as just wifi mp3 player.

I'm in a bad mood tonight, not liking switching phones and then realizing my other pre just went to ****s right away and have to spend hours learning on how to make it work.

update: I have another palm pre that i'm using my profile on, so my half broken one that i want as an mp3 needs a new profile and i can't even get into the phone. I did at first turned off the data before i switched phones and i actually had 2 working phones with all the same apps, but once i turned on wifi it turned my phone off for good. which was sad,
    Welcome to the world of Palm. Sadness is a given with the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by JLegacy View Post
    No I wasn't. haha
    Thanks!
    ....dude....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    sorry
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 11/27/2010 at 02:34 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I have excellent news for you!!! The information you've heard is wrong wrong wrong!

If you are leaving because "every.single.malfunction. occurs on every.single.device." you don't have to leave after all.

I have one that has zero malfunctions. So the above statement is obviously false. You can stay.

Glad I could save the day for you.
    When did you buy your device? Is it a Pre Plus? Regardless, in any other industry they would have had to issue a mass recall because of all the damn problems. It's simply ludicrous, and it shows that Palm could care less about their customers as long as they can push devices out the door. I bought the phone as an "iphone killer" but the only thing it killed was itself. My girlfriend's iphone 3G out-performs this crappy device. Pre 2 will fail miserably, and WebOS can begin anew as a slate/tablet OS. Palm will be dissolved because it's too late to the game and will never recover. All this merger crap with HP has put it behind ANOTHER 6 months. The only reason anyone bought a Pre post-Christmas 2009 is because it was either ridiculously cheap or free. They should've licensed the OS like Google instead of being greedy and attempting to make hardware.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    <deleted by Mod>, crap that, won't spend another penny, gimme dis gimme dat. Seriously, drop the attitude, and ask questions respectfully, maybe you'll get an answer.

Even if your complaints were legit, this isn't Palm. You want help, you might show a little respect and consideration.
    Agreed! Personally, I always ignore requests for help when a person is acting like that... Even if it's a simple answer. The least they could do is be respectful towards us...
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/25/2010 at 11:22 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
    Umm. This the complains thread. I'll complain all I want and say it how it is and be a **** if want to but I wasn't directing it at any one of us pre users it was directed at Palm which is not a person but a huge company that does not have feelings.
    There is an easy way to use the phone as a PDA and have access to the app catalog via wifi if you are still with the same carrier.

However if I read your post correctly you have your profile active on another Pre. So if you want to be able to have both devices on and keep using that apps on two devices that you paid to use only on one then that is a bit of a problem.

So, I will tell you how to do it legitimately, if you want.

If you are with AT&T just re-insert your SIM into the phone you want to use as a PDA, activate the phone and create a new profile. Once the profile is created and the phone reboots you can remove the sim, turn on wifi, add credit card info to the app catalog and voila... buy whatever apps you want, put whatever music on it (should still be in the USB partition if you didn't erase it), put whatever tweaks, tweaks, patches etc. on it and use it for as long as it works.

If you are with Sprint or Verizon, call them and ask them to reactivate the phone in question and deactivate your current one so you can get some data off of it. Once they reactivate it you can create a new profile and after the reboot call them back and have them reactivate your current phone. (Sprint has a way to do this online so you don't even have to call). Then just in case you are concerned about the phone you can go into the phone preferences and turn the phone services off, there is a patch to make that available in the device menu. The device will continue to be usable as a PDA with access to the app catalog over wifi.

Either way it doesn't require the carrier activation bypass or meta doctor or anything else.

I hope you find this helpful. Happy Thanksgiving!

IMPORTANT NOTE... if you attempt to load your profile on both devices it WILL reset your active device. Even if after activation you only connect the PDA device via wifi, it will wipe your profile from the device you want to keep it on.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    Umm. This the complains thread. I'll complain all I want and say it how it is and be a **** if want to but I wasn't directing it at any one of us pre users it was directed at Palm which is not a person but a huge company that does not have feelings.
    Of course you can act in any manner you wish, but if you really want help on here, acting in the manner you described probably won't get it for you.
    Hey people, I am getting frustrated by the day. I see all these applications being created for Droid, BB and apple but nothing for the PALM. I am beginning to think it was a mistake to purchase PALM. I do not know but I have another year give or take, and I think at that time if things do not look any better I will most likely switch to DROID.
    I guess the bottom line is not which operating system is better but which one will provide the functionality I need. Two years later and I still cannot do anything close to what I could do with PALM OS.

Any comments…this post is not to put down anyone's operating system is just to vent and maybe get a better inside of future trends.

Thank you
    You've got your phones and operating systems mixed up.
    Go get a Droid then. You didn't know about the limited apt catalog before you bought a webOS device? You should have done your research. Quit crying about it and do something. Next time think before blindly buying a new device, phone noob.

BTW stop talking about the Droid phones like they are an OS. The OS is Android.
    While webOS is a fantastic operating system, it's definitely lacking in some important areas. If you really want a great app selection, I'd go with Android...
    Next time think before blindly buying a new device, phone noob. I did at the time CLASSIC was the answered to all the apps missing and still missing from WEBOS.
    Who would have thought that PALM will remove CLASSIC, which is the only way a palm user can get the functionality out of the WEBOS? They have changed the rules in the middle of the game. They provided Classic so PALM OS user will move to WEBOS, and now they are removing it without really providing any alternatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by kill_Dano View Post
    ....You didn't know about the limited apt catalog before you bought a webOS device?....
    For original day 1 Pre owners.. We didn't know about the limited app catalog because palm told us big apps was coming and we had a few good apps to start with.. I'm frustated with no new good apps (thats NOT a game).. If the App catalog was popping out good apps weekly than alot more people would stay..
    Quote Originally Posted by OneDeep View Post
    For original day 1 Pre owners.. We didn't know about the limited app catalog because palm told us big apps was coming and we had a few good apps to start with.. I'm frustated with no new good apps (thats NOT a game).. If the App catalog was popping out good apps weekly than alot more people would stay..
    Yes I feel so sad for you and your poor lack of a paper tossing app.
    Palm may have said that big apps were coming and they were. App cat is not going to pick up speed again until new super devices come out so It's going to be a while. Complain all you want, but to say anything like you were tricked or mislead into buying this fist gen device is just dumb.
    Wow. A bit over defensive today? OneDeep has a completely valid argument. I bought my Pre back in June 09 also... Of course I wasn't expecting the App Catalog to have tons of great apps at that point, but Palm led us to believe that we'd be getting tons of new great apps. Here we are almost 18 months later and we are still WAY behind...
    Just think of all the money you're saving on apps you'll only use once or twice...

Not including mine of course...
    APP & Patch Makers Get on the:webOS Developers Map
    My Apps: Presentation Controller (for PowerPoint and Open Office Impress), PC Display Master ,Handheld X-Ray H.E. (Halloween Edition), Text Morpher ⓦⓘⓣⓗ ⓑⓤⓑⓑⓛⓔ ⓣⓔⓧⓣ plus Ŧεẍṫ ℉яεαḱεя
    Why do you guys post the same crap daily, when it has been stated 1 million times here and by HP that things are coming early 2011 (CES) as for new and various devices. If you have waited this long, what the heck is another month or so?

As for Android, well if webOS was free to go on any and every device maker known to mankind, it would be the hottest OS with plenty of developers today. Jan 2011 is close and if you cant wait, then leave or as you stated, your under contract, so why beech and feed into the trolls, etc.

Just be patient and we all shall know our fate after CES.