View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 215 of 225 FirstFirst ... 115165205210211212213214215216217218219220 ... LastLast
Results 4,281 to 4,300 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by hcho View Post
    With the name like "Cowgirl" I will make sure you find me. MUUUAH!!
    LOL!
    To each their own. It's never a good thing to see people giving up on HP WebOS, but I am content for now and I have my laptop that I can use for what I can't do with my phone.

movin on...
    Necessary it is. I think its important for others who have been hesitating for a while as I have to feel comfortable and switch. I hope this thread makes it to Palm! As far as the keyboard, this is a really good virtual keyboard. And Swype is awsome! Excuse me if u think im too curt.
    I'm not sure whether to or LOL at that statement. If someone REALLY needs "moral support" to change a cellular phone, they might be in more need than that.

Instead of "hoping" Palm will get your message, try actually sending them an email... then you won't have to hope,and you will know they actually got it and read it.

Enjoy your new phone
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    I hate the EVO because it doesn't have a physical keyboard. That is one of the reasons I won't switch, the other is I don't like the operating system to me it is cumbersome. However I've pretty much resigned myself to not expect another HPalm device on Sprint and when my Pre dies and it's not replaceable or repairable I'll go with Epic or better device and deal with the cumbersomeness of it.

I'm glad you are happy but a goodbye thread as stated above isn't necessary.
    Have you used Android at all? Do you have any experience using it for any significant amount of time? Or are you just saying it's clunky from what you've seen or what you hear others say?
    I don't understand the purpose of the line, I don't need to drink to have fun. Great, no one does. But why start a fire with flint and sticks when they've invented the lighter?

Let's all give thanks to the app that started it all.
    http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...ebrew-app.html
    Ive had a Palm Pre since day 1 then they first came out. I was soo excited about the new technology. I waited and waited hoping that it would catch up or at least be close to as good as the I-Phone. I could wait no longer. Though I was nervous about switching, I thought I would give the EVO a try. WOW am I impressed. 4g, flashplayer,excellent camera with zoom and autofocus! Too many benefits to name and Ive only had it for 3 days! Sure there are a couple of things about my Pre that I am gonna miss, but there is soo much more with this EVO that I love that I will be just fine. I talked up the Pre for a year to my friends to find out that they were right this whole time. Oh well. To all those thinking about switching, GO FOR IT! you wont be disapointed. My pre is now a toy for my 6 year old. LOL
    Most people at Palm won't read this or ever see it...figured I would just let you know..
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    OK Listen, I know everybody is die hard webos, and soo was I. But guess what, HP does not pay me to use them. I pay them. And if they cant keep up, then Ill leave. Its as simple as that. Sorry to hurt your feelings or make you feel like your phone is inferior.
    OK Listen, I know everybody is die hard webos, and soo was I. But guess what, HP does not pay me to use them. I pay them. And if they cant keep up, then Ill leave. Its as simple as that. Sorry to hurt your feelings or make you feel like your phone is inferior.
    I absolutely and completely agree with this comment.

Still doesn't make the thread very necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by morrison0880 View Post
    Have you used Android at all? Do you have any experience using it for any significant amount of time? Or are you just saying it's clunky from what you've seen or what you hear others say?
    Has many friends who have Android phones including Evo and have played with them for a while. I feel it is cumbersome but I have to admit that it's probably wouldn't feel cumbersome as I used it more and more. Right now Palm is so much easier for me and doesn't feel as cumbersome.
    Boom, action time! <<Threads Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Most people at Palm won't read this or ever see it...figured I would just let you know..
    Yeah. We all seem to think that Ruby comes on here to read the crap that we talk about lol. Especially those wonderful "threats" some of us make. "If Palm doesnt make a new phone next week, im going to get an Iphony". People here are hilarious.
    Like HardbeatZ said, most of the people are Palm wont see this. The Pre is barely inferior. The only category the Pre is inferior at is the amount of applications and overall speed. Apart from that, everyone needs to stop whining. With that being said. I have an Evo and my Pre is still activated until Sprint. I use my Pre for voice calls and a couple more things. I have the Evo for its apps. I continuously switch between Evo and Pre on a daily basis. The Pre at its age is still sporting the best OS ever made. Case closed.
    Quote Originally Posted by ryleyinstl View Post
    Boom, action time! <<Threads Merged>>
    HAHA!...I saw that patch on Preware "BOOM! Action Time"
    If webos 2.0 does not come with a pdf viewer that supports distiller 4.0 and higher......and actually works .......im going. Ill be looking for a way out. PALM HP you suck. Do something about the PDF viewer or else!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HardBeatZ View Post
    Funny you mention that I ventured a good guess that was the case.

and I was wondering where that thread went lol. Nice work MOD!!
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by ushmel View Post
    ... I've had phones where 1 hardware malfunction occurs, but it appears that with the Pre, every.single.malfunction. occurs on every.single.device. I've only had it 1 year, too. Garbage. Hello HTC or RIM!
    I have excellent news for you!!! The information you've heard is wrong wrong wrong!

If you are leaving because "every.single.malfunction. occurs on every.single.device." you don't have to leave after all.

I have one that has zero malfunctions. So the above statement is obviously false. You can stay.

Glad I could save the day for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    If the platform being left out of the app loop is what is bothering you then I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that to improve soon. Most companies are going to be pretty conservative about jumping into making their software available to an up-and-coming platform. They don't want to miss the boat with getting into mobile content so they will develop for iOS and Android and accomplish it quite nicely.

First comes the wait for HP to announce new hardware. Then comes the wait for the hardware to be delivered to consumers. Then comes the wait to see if it catches on. Then comes the wait for developers to see this and start developing for webOS - maybe. That's a lot of waiting if you aren't satisfied with the platform you are using.
    Unless, of course, HP has internal developers to help jump start the process...
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    If webos 2.0 does not come with a pdf viewer that supports distiller 4.0 and higher......and actually works .......im going. Ill be looking for a way out. PALM HP you suck. Do something about the PDF viewer or else!!!!!!!!!
    Noted.
    Ex HP webOS Tech Support

5Ts: Five ways to get your webOS tablet working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/5Ts

6Ts: Six ways to get your webOS phone working again: http://www.hpwebos.com/6Ts
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorhead777 View Post
    The PDF viewer in 2.0 appears to be fine. I haven't had any issues opening any documents.

But you of course can go if you feel that is what you need to do.
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
    So when I'm done with my bell palm pre, and i switch to another carrier or even a different phone, the palm pre tells me this phone isn't activated no more and tells me to restart and then i can't get into my phone any more and play all my games i paid money for and use a phone which I bought off contract and i can't even use the <deleted by Mod> thing as a PDA or even like a Ipod for music

I know there's different doctors and such but i'm sorry, I shouldn't have to do all this work to get a phone to just turn on and use with out making phone calls and just Wifi. I don't use android or IOS, is there platforms this hard to make a wifi only phone with access to the app stores?

i just realized I will not spend another penny on a webos device if I can't use it when i'm done with it as a phone for maybe giving it to my kids or something to play games and stuff.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/26/2010 at 06:18 PM. Reason: inappropriate language
    yes you will still be able to use it lol

if its already got a profile on palm cloud all you do is turn off data in the phone app preferences. and now its a pda.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    delete
    Last edited by Greg Mair; 11/27/2010 at 02:34 PM.
    <threads merged>