View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 213 of 225 FirstFirst ... 113163203208209210211212213214215216217218223 ... LastLast
Results 4,241 to 4,260 of 4493
    Members are welcome to post their views, but make sure you don't 'troll' the forums. If anyone needs the definition of what we consider trolling, please view our Forum Guidelines. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    You can have some of mine!
    THANKS (don't worry, I'll be sure to tap that Thanks button too)!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Members are welcome to post their views, but make sure you don't 'troll' the forums. If anyone needs the definition of what we consider trolling, please view our Forum Guidelines. Thanks!
    Going back under my bridge and behaving.
    If you found my post useful then please sign up for a Dropbox Account, I could use the extra 250mb of storage.

HOW TO: Zip/Unzip via Pre/Pixi using Terminal
    HOW TO: Modify DTMF audio (webOS 1.4.5 or earlier)
    Palm Pre wallpapers
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    Going back under my bridge and behaving.
    LOL... not looking at you, Nach
    LOL... not looking at you, Nach
    All this talk about nachos makes me hungry...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I guess I've never complain in the (complain thread) I think. Anyway, moving along ~ my complain is can anybody tell me why haven't the US gotten the pre 2 as of yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    I guess I've never complain in the (complain thread) I think. Anyway, moving along ~ my complain is can anybody tell me why haven't the US gotten the pre 2 as of yet.
    I heard that Palm visited this forum, and saw so many users predicting that
    • We wouldn't get the Pre2
    • It would suck
    • Palm would fail anyway
    • Their mommy insisted it wasn't coming

That Palm didn't want to disappoint so many people, and refused to release it in the US.

Not sure it's true, but that's what my daughter's boyfriend's sister, who used to work at Sprint, then quit to go to Verizon, then quit to go to AT&T, then quit to draw unemployment told him who then told her who then told me.

Just sayin'
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts

face it, look at history and look at whats happening within the webOS community.
    I'm not sure what OS2 has to do with Palm, and why did you put them in condoms?
    First time posting and I wasn't sure where to put this so I'll put it here. I was in a verizon store the other at to get a new battery because my current one croaked and my phone was still under warranty. Anyway, I HAD my phone doctored how I wanted it. Verizon asked if they could "test" my phone and battery so I said ok. Long story short my phone won't stay doctored now. Whenever I restart my phone now it deletes all pages I've added and puts all downloaded apps on the first page. What's verizon do to my phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazekid87 View Post
    First time posting and I wasn't sure where to put this so I'll put it here. I was in a verizon store the other at to get a new battery because my current one croaked and my phone was still under warranty. Anyway, I HAD my phone doctored how I wanted it. Verizon asked if they could "test" my phone and battery so I said ok. Long story short my phone won't stay doctored now. Whenever I restart my phone now it deletes all pages I've added and puts all downloaded apps on the first page. What's verizon do to my phone?
    Are you performing a Full Erase prior to doctoring, or are you just running the doctor? You should be sure to fully erase your device first in this case.
    i'm not running pre doctor. It's the homebrew stuff that I've added that won't stay. I could run a Luna restart and everything would stay how I set it. Since verizon's "TEST" I can't do any restarts without having to reorganize everything again.
    i'm not running pre doctor. It's the homebrew stuff that I've added that won't stay. I could run a Luna restart and everything would stay how I set it. Since verizon's "TEST" I can't do any restarts without having to reorganize everything again.
    I swear I read somewhere about this, but I can't find it. It goes something like your Launcher database got corrupted, and deleting it would make webOS generate a new one, but I can't find the post! :S
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Ok... try running Jason's webOS Repair Utility. This uses the doctor file to look for corrupt/missing files on your device.

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I swear I read somewhere about this, but I can't find it. It goes something like your Launcher database got corrupted, and deleting it would make webOS generate a new one, but I can't find the post! :S
    I think you may be talking about this thread (?):
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...doctoring.html
    Thanks. I'll try that and see what happens.
    This has been a vexatious problem...not only for me, but for most webos users as well. The screen following the cursor.. or vice versa. Is this ever going to be fix in any updates. I've contacted Palm on several occasions on this issue. Yet still it still remains the same. I guess I'm the only one blabbering about this.
    Why did you delete/repost that?
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I think you may be talking about this thread (?):
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...doctoring.html
    That was the one!
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Ok guys, I know that I'll probably get torn apart for posting this thread but I had to get it all out.

I've been a Palm fan for years, and bought my Palm Pre on Launch day. I remember being so excited because I finally thought that I could have a phone that will keep up with me and grow with my needs. The base of WebOs was fantastic, the groundwork was there for it to be a great phone that would pass any other OS out there. Well nearly 18 months later my Pre had it, I had it, my OCD with checking PreCentral had it. I felt betrayed when Palm didn't push to have Sprint carry the Pre 2, hell I felt betrayed when Palm didn't blow my mind by a new device at CES 2010. I don't understand why Palm and HP are approaching their phones and tabs the way they are...always a day (or "coming months") late, and short of expectations. I'm tired of the empty promises. Check PreCentral for Flash, it's enough to drive you crazy! Check PreCentral for Docs2Go, again, crazy! Now I couldn't figure out why I put myself through all of this torture. I saw all the new phones roll out everyday. The iPhone has come out with two major updates since the rollout of the Pre. (Note: Like all self-respecting Palm followers I do despise Apple) I convinced friends and family to go with a Palm phone, promising them the world, because that's what I was promised. All I've been left with is a FacePalm! I hated the idea of Android, and refused to believe it would work even half as well as my Pre.

Given all this, my phone recently took it's last slide. It's like someone just wanted to get the cream out of the Oreo. I was crushed, upset, I cried. I then had to make the hardest choice of my little techy life...get a Palm Pre at whatever price I find on Craigslist, or switch to Android and finally use my Upgrade I had in my back pocket since June. I made the big switch. I only have as much loyalty towards a company as they show to me, and right now, Palm has shown none. Sprint, however, has shown that they're willing to work with me to get things right, and they also continue to produce for my needs. Sticking with Sprint, I decided to go with Android, a Samsung Epic.

My Epic took a very long time to get used to, it's not always pretty, but it does do a great job. The more I use it, the more I like it. It's also always nice to see more than a handfull of new apps in the catalog.

I'm not on here to talk about how much I love Android. I'm on here to ask why people are still continuing to give Palm their much deserved money for delivering products that are more than outdated the day they release. Right now Palm is not an innovative company. They just promise that innovations will come. Well I've unfortunately heard it before with Palm, for months. It doesn't seem like Palm has a good handle on the expectations of their devices, or their customers wants/needs. They're just fine putting off for tomorrow what needs to be done yesterday. I was promised new API's by fall...well? Now I will buy a new Palm product, but unfortunately they will have to earn my money instead of me going out to find their product. That will be their hardest challenge among all of their previous customers. So my question to you...

Would you tip a horrible waitress that tells you constantly she will be right back with your fresh drink but never comes back with it in her hand?

Would you ever go back to Circuit City with horrible customer service and lack of support? (Yeah, trick question, but you see where I'm going)

If Palm ever wants to consider themselves an elite smartphone again they will need to have some cutting edge products. They cannot continue to shove promises down our throat without delivery. It is truly a sad day in my life as I realize that Palm just doesn't care about me as much as I care about them. Just like that ex girlfriend, remember you loved her more than she loved you...well it's because she was with another dude... I'm not letting Palm throw me around anymore...nope, I found me another girl to have fun with...for now...
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ballstjer View Post
    Ok guys, I know that I'll probably get torn apart for posting this thread but I had to get it all out.

I've been a Palm fan for years, and bought my Palm Pre on Launch day. I remember being so excited because I finally thought that I could have a phone that will keep up with me and grow with my needs. The base of WebOs was fantastic, the groundwork was there for it to be a great phone that would pass any other OS out there. Well nearly 18 months later my Pre had it, I had it, my OCD with checking PreCentral had it. I felt betrayed when Palm didn't push to have Sprint carry the Pre 2, hell I felt betrayed when Palm didn't blow my mind by a new device at CES 2010. I don't understand why Palm and HP are approaching their phones and tabs the way they are...always a day (or "coming months") late, and short of expectations. I'm tired of the empty promises. Check PreCentral for Flash, it's enough to drive you crazy! Check PreCentral for Docs2Go, again, crazy! Now I couldn't figure out why I put myself through all of this torture. I saw all the new phones roll out everyday. The iPhone has come out with two major updates since the rollout of the Pre. (Note: Like all self-respecting Palm followers I do despise Apple) I convinced friends and family to go with a Palm phone, promising them the world, because that's what I was promised. All I've been left with is a FacePalm! I hated the idea of Android, and refused to believe it would work even half as well as my Pre.

Given all this, my phone recently took it's last slide. It's like someone just wanted to get the cream out of the Oreo. I was crushed, upset, I cried. I then had to make the hardest choice of my little techy life...get a Palm Pre at whatever price I find on Craigslist, or switch to Android and finally use my Upgrade I had in my back pocket since June. I made the big switch. I only have as much loyalty towards a company as they show to me, and right now, Palm has shown none. Sprint, however, has shown that they're willing to work with me to get things right, and they also continue to produce for my needs. Sticking with Sprint, I decided to go with Android, a Samsung Epic.

My Epic took a very long time to get used to, it's not always pretty, but it does do a great job. The more I use it, the more I like it. It's also always nice to see more than a handfull of new apps in the catalog.

I'm not on here to talk about how much I love Android. I'm on here to ask why people are still continuing to give Palm their much deserved money for delivering products that are more than outdated the day they release. Right now Palm is not an innovative company. They just promise that innovations will come. Well I've unfortunately heard it before with Palm, for months. It doesn't seem like Palm has a good handle on the expectations of their devices, or their customers wants/needs. They're just fine putting off for tomorrow what needs to be done yesterday. I was promised new API's by fall...well? Now I will buy a new Palm product, but unfortunately they will have to earn my money instead of me going out to find their product. That will be their hardest challenge among all of their previous customers. So my question to you...

Would you tip a horrible waitress that tells you constantly she will be right back with your fresh drink but never comes back with it in her hand?

Would you ever go back to Circuit City with horrible customer service and lack of support? (Yeah, trick question, but you see where I'm going)

If Palm ever wants to consider themselves an elite smartphone again they will need to have some cutting edge products. They cannot continue to shove promises down our throat without delivery. It is truly a sad day in my life as I realize that Palm just doesn't care about me as much as I care about them. Just like that ex girlfriend, remember you loved her more than she loved you...well it's because she was with another dude... I'm not letting Palm throw me around anymore...nope, I found me another girl to have fun with...for now...
    Well said

I also have a stack of old Palm devices from previous years. .. Can't say I didnt try... but like you said, this is a mutual deal and Palm hasn't exactly held up to their end.

Has anyone else thought to comment on the lack of updates. I think within the past 2 months I have had updates for only 3 packages. CardAce, WordAce and YouMail.

A year ago, updates were every other day... just saying.

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts
    I tried, Palm.. I really tried. You are still pretty, but you have commitment issues.

My new girlfriend isn't as pretty, but at least I can take her home to meet the family.

Good bye, Pre.. hello, *sigh* Droid.