View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 211 of 225 FirstFirst ... 111161201206207208209210211212213214215216221 ... LastLast
Results 4,201 to 4,220 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Black View Post
    Exactly what i want too..Im growing tired of the Pre's tiny screen and lack of apps. I like applications lol, not my fault. Blame it on my frontal lobe. Im only 20.
    I'm only 24 lol. I just want a big screen pretty much...I got to play with an EVO a couple weeks ago and my Pre has never felt the same. A huge screen makes EVERYTHING better haha.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    I appreciate your post. I have been having some "thoughts" about looking @ an Android phone. (I feel like I have to repent for admitting that!!) I love my Pre & have been happy but am concerned about longevity w/ the HP relationship. They (Palm/HP) have not made the effort to keep WebOS current or at the very minimun addressed the concerns of loyal customers.

My Pre will have it's 1st birthday in January, so I'm not eligible for a new phone @ a reasonable price for another year...hopefully all will work out.

Again, thank you for posting & commenting about your new phone. I'm sure many of us have wondered about the competition....
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    I'm only 24 lol. I just want a big screen pretty much...I got to play with an EVO a couple weeks ago and my Pre has never felt the same. A huge screen makes EVERYTHING better haha.
    Ah lol. Dude, on the bright side. Best Buy has the Evo for $199.99 after a 2 year contract. I'll be looking into that in January lol.
    Don't let the privacy stripping google brand hit you in the a** on the way out.
    Dude, actually, Walmart is selling it for 149.99!
    Dude, actually, Walmart is selling it for 149.99!
    Damn... not bad at all!

Now, if only I were still with Sprint...
    Damn... not bad at all!

Now, if only I were still with Sprint...
    Ah...Well that means you have another kind of problem on your hands lol. Who're you with?
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    I don't blame people for being tired of waiting for the next phone from Palm. But it seems weird to switch to a phone that's pushing 6 months old (EVO). At the very least I would have expected to see more people wanting to switch to something brand new. Or at least wait 2 more months for CES.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thead View Post
    I don't blame people for being tired of waiting for the next phone from Palm. But it seems weird to switch to a phone that's pushing 6 months old (EVO). At the very least I would have expected to see more people wanting to switch to something brand new. Or at least wait 2 more months for CES.
    Im not going to buy an Evo now. I'll buy it after the CES. If HP goes there and "shows off" the Pre 2 then, i'll get myself an Evo or whatever phone is better at the time.
    Ah...Well that means you have another kind of problem on your hands lol. Who're you with?
    I have a cheapo $10 prepaid phone on Virgin Mobile haha. Maybe someday I'll get a real phone and plan again...
    Global Posts
    322 Global Posts
    Im not going to buy an Evo now. I'll buy it after the CES. If HP goes there and "shows off" the Pre 2 then, i'll get myself an Evo or whatever phone is better at the time.
    Yeah i agree with that mentality. Minus the EVO part. By CES, the Evo will be over 7 months old. And even if Palm doesn't announce a phone worth switching for, somebody else will.

In other words, my opinion is that if I finally decide to switch from my Pre minus, I'll consider the Evo obsolete by then too, and will look for something newer.
    I'm in the same boat, I am on sprint and I will be eligible for an upgrade come December 1st, I really love WebOS, but if HP really cared about their customer base they wouldn't be keeping everything a secret until CES so I have no reason to wait and see what they announce.
    I was a huge Palm Fan, got a pre for myself and a pixi for my wife, but their is just no way around the fact that both of these products just flat out suck.
    So in all likelihood I will be joining the exodus in a few weeks.
    Quote Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
    ...but their is just no way around the fact that both of these products just flat out suck.
    I don't think my Pre sucks at all. I love it. I'm holding out for a bit to see what HPalm does (I'm already eligible for my upgrade back in mid October) at CES then I'll just wait until my Pre dies and it can't be repaired or replaced with the same thing.

(puts hands in praying) Still praying that Pre and Epic will have a baby.
    Yeah i agree with that mentality. Minus the EVO part. By CES, the Evo will be over 7 months old. And even if Palm doesn't announce a phone worth switching for, somebody else will.

In other words, my opinion is that if I finally decide to switch from my Pre minus, I'll consider the Evo obsolete by then too, and will look for something newer.
    You're right. Whatever Android device is out then...It'll make my life easily if Sprint gets the iPhone 4. I'll get that instead. The battery life on that thing is AWESOME!..

Quote Originally Posted by trener1 View Post
    I'm in the same boat, I am on sprint and I will be eligible for an upgrade come December 1st, I really love WebOS, but if HP really cared about their customer base they wouldn't be keeping everything a secret until CES so I have no reason to wait and see what they announce.
    I was a huge Palm Fan, got a pre for myself and a pixi for my wife, but their is just no way around the fact that both of these products just flat out suck.
    HEY!...Pre doesnt suck. Its just.....old..
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    it was said before... but the Pre and the Epic need to have a baby!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    I'm moving along too, tired of waiting for things to come and when they do they are half baked, I will still be supporting my webOS apps.
    I have four Pre's for my whole family and I am saddened by sprint lack of support.
    I am certain that sprint will have another webos phone after CES.

Honestly....the only other thing i would like on my Evo would be:

(*) Improved battery life
    (*) AMOLED screen (hey why not?)
    (*) Improved sensor in the camera/improved HD recording (audio is weak).
    (*) Better GPU (again, not really needed for my uses, but why not?)

I have no use for dual core cell phones unless they can improve battery life or give me a reason to need one. My phone rarely slows down (only when installing apps) and so i'm not seeing the need for dual cores at least right now.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Sad to say, I've been a Palm faithful since my Palm M505. I've gone through it all since then. But today, I draw the line in the sand.

UNLESS I GET AN OVERWHELMING PRESENTATION AT CES(I.E. PALMPAD, MANSION DEVICE).

I WILL LEAVE PALM ON JANUARY 6. 2010!

THAT CHAT YESTERDAY WITH RUBINSTEIN WAS HORRIBLE. I AM TIRED OF PLAYING SECOND FIDDLE TO ANDROID & IOS AND EVEN BLACKBERRYOS. I LONG FOR THE GLORY DAYS.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 11/17/2010 at 01:07 PM. Reason: edited annoying font