View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 210 of 225 FirstFirst ... 110160200205206207208209210211212213214215220 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    How many are on their second, third, fourth or even fifth phones? how long has it taken for your pre to crack or break otherwise?
    Over a year 2 phones, both original purchase. No cracks, nothing broken, never doctored either..... Spent at least the first 8 months only USB charging both, spent a lot of months using the headphone jack multiple times a day in the car, also sometimes at work (now have bluetooth solution in the car so not as much headphone jack), and I use the hell out of my phone.

I am happy, at this point, if either phone broke I would say we would probably use insurance to replace vs. upgrading to the only acceptable option (the Epic). And holding out to see what comes in the next few months from HP/Palm (yes we are already able to reup our contract). At this point if nothing comes we will be happy to wait until we are completely out of contract and reevaluate at that point if nothing else comes out.

To address a lot of folks, I don't believe you upgrade just because you can...... if you are one of those folks that believes you do, then you will always be bouncing around between products (which is fine but by no means spells the death of WebOS). At this point I love WebOS and am starting to itch for a tablet (would like to have one by the end of 2011 once all the new products shake out). So my next phone choice will be based on the overall look of the market. If HP starts bringing out some nice devices (I am personally a fan of a portrait phone with hardware keyboard), I would probably go for the WebOS tablet first and wait on upgrading the phones anyways (I don't want a tablet running on a different OS than our phones if I can help it.... many reasons here but thats another topic).

So yeah for all the complainers and people who feel important enough to post the "I'm leaving posts" you are NOT the majority of users. The majority of users aren't spending times on phone forums/gizmodo/engadget/etc reading about every new piece of hardware to launch. Ohh and for those that think someone releasing a lot of phones is a good thing (hardware and software), we will see how that pans out long term.... I do believe in fragmentation (plus the jebus phone only releases one phone in the same formfactor every year.... they seam to be doing alright... not that I want 1 form factor but phones don't need to come out every 6 weeks either).
    I love physical keyboards... but there is two devices that would make me consider a slab, one is something running a full version of Open webOS. The other is an iPhone!!!! HA HA just kidding (about the iPhone that is)...
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    How's the Froyo? You happier? I wanna see someone put froyo on a Pre.
    Only had one day to play with it and I have to admit I am impressed. I miss things about the Pre, of course but nothing is perfect. Will wait until next year and if HP follows thru will seriously consider coming back. This was my second Palm product and I like Palm.
    Global Posts
    30 Global Posts
    Mainly due to the break in the relationship between Sprint and Palm I have jumped ship and climbed aboard the HTC EVO (Android) bandwagon...

Another deciding factor for me to leave was the complete disregard of HP/Palm to put out a Pre 2 with pretty much the same hardware configuration. That to me is was a bird brain decision and shows a complete disregard of competitiveness on their part.

On a different note HTC EVO is an awesome phone. It has a very impressive HD screen and has no mechanical parts besides the power button and the volumn button.

Traveling around the OS is super fast and was a lot better than I expected. Though there are A LOT more bells and whistles than WebOS, it is not as intuative as WebOS and there are a couple of little quirks here and there that I do not like.

Overall I give the device 9 out of 10 Stars and consider it a VERY suitable replacement for my beloved Pre.

See you guys over at androidcentral .net probabaly.

See ya,
    JDub__
    Probably not, I don't think so buddy. Ta taa * take care now - alrightee then.(Ace ventura)
    Yeah...Most of us will be joining you in January if Palm tries to sell us a Pre 2...I know i will.
    But you finally got to 10 posts! You can see links in signatures now!
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RUSH View Post
    Probably not, I don't think so buddy. Ta taa * take care now - alrightee then.(Ace ventura)
    that's not very nice. I'm in same boat as you op,i am on sprint,i would like a new phone with all the latest bells and whisles,,i don't think I feel like waiting any longer. Been watching evo vids today. Me likey.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    You'll be back!
    Ħ╬čųβΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by zmann View Post
    that's not very nice. I'm in same boat as you op,i am on sprint,i would like a new phone with all the latest bells and whisles,,i don't think I feel like waiting any longer. Been watching evo vids today. Me likey.
    I've been watching EVO vids for a while lol. I like the Pre and all, but damn I want some better hardware...
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    Grammatically incorrect statement. The way you worded, I thought that a once faithful Palm/WebOS user had died, not simply become disgruntled. I was worried. Now, not so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    You'll be back!
    I'm sure I will,,infact,if I do take the plunge,i am hoping I am back.
    Im willing to wait though. I like the evo too. My friend has one. Im in sort of a delimma here. I like the hardware and the specs of the Evo, but i dont like andriod (i only like that cool voice search and google maps functionalities). I absolutely hate the way the Pre looks now, but i LOVE webos. I love the way it looks. I'll like to view webos on a much bigger screen, not a tiny little screen. If im not accommodated then i'll just have to live with andriod lol.
    I am still waiting,like I said I am on sprint,i don't care if they get pre 2 or not,i don't want the same phone. I want bigger screen,front camera and a few other of the new cool features.
    I am still waiting,like I said I am on sprint,i don't care if they get pre 2 or not,i don't want the same phone. I want bigger screen,front camera and a few other of the new cool features.
    All I want is a EVO-like device with webOS. I would be perfectly satisfied with that...
    I think I'll end up going android as well. It's just a matter of time. It's really sad how flat palm has fallen since CES2009.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    All I want is a EVO-like device with webOS. I would be perfectly satisfied with that...
    I feel same way boss
    I just made the jump too! Every phone I owned was a palm. But the hardware On the pre crapped out on me one day and I can't risk that happens again and can't wait 3
    I'm still hopin' and prayin' for a Epic/Pre baby!

I will stay with my Pre for as long as it holds out and they repair it or replace it if I have problems. If when it totally dies and I can't replace or repair it I'll probably go to the Epic.
    I agree i would wait on line overnight for a device like that!

Sent using Tapatalk
    Exactly what i want too..Im growing tired of the Pre's tiny screen and lack of apps. I like applications lol, not my fault. Blame it on my frontal lobe. Im only 20.