View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 209 of 225 FirstFirst ... 109159199204205206207208209210211212213214219 ... LastLast
Results 4,161 to 4,180 of 4493
    Well that was a pretty dramatic departure. Enjoy android, peace!
    All lies. We already have indications of 4 new devices in the WebOS 2.0 Doctor:
    Broadway
    Windsor
    Mantaray
    Stingray

http://precentral.net/new-webos-device-codenames-discovered-webos-20-doctor

So, good riddance to you flea as I wash you away with some good 'ol ADAMS Flea & Tick Shampoo followed up with a Dip.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NachoB View Post
    All lies. We already have indications of 4 new devices in the WebOS 2.0 Doctor:
    Broadway
    Windsor
    Mantaray
    Stingray

http://precentral.net/new-webos-devi...ebos-20-doctor

So, good riddance to you flea as I wash you away with some good 'ol ADAMS Flea & Tick Shampoo followed up with a Dip.
    I said 'FOR SURE'... so in your case, you need to add the elusive C40 to your list.

Procure an official document that announces those devices and their details.

until then, it must be treated as the C40.
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I was pretty stressed about the lack of any details of future palm devices,...
    This statement convinces me, after your long () relationship with Palm products, that a large dose of drama will accompany any device you choose to grace with your fervor. I wish you luck with the next focus of your zealotry ... I'm sure it will replace the unrequited love you experienced with webOS.
    As I didn't mention C40, since there is no documentation of it, what's the point of you mentioning it?!? Flea has been washed down the drain thanks to the Dip, no more posts from me here.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    This statement convinces me, after your long () relationship with Palm products, that a large dose of drama will accompany any device you choose to grace with your fervor. I wish you luck with the next focus of your zealotry ... I'm sure it will replace the unrequited love you experienced with webOS.
    Thanks for your support (I guess)...

but as a paying consumer... I'm pretty sure I'm entitled to have feelings about the products I so choose to purchase and/or support. This used to be one of them yay
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    As I didn't mention C40, since there is no documentation of it, what's the point of you mentioning it?!? Flea has been washed down the drain thanks to the Dip, no more posts from me here.
    C40 and those device names you listed are one in the same... they are all text in a series of lines of code.

C40 was a text entry on a main frame, those devices are just text strings in code, nothing more. If you're willing to dispute that, then I'm prepared to see what documentation you hold

... actually, EVERYONE WANTS TO SEE THIS.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Flea has been washed down the drain thanks to the Dip, no more posts from me here.
    Is this the official trend of P|C.... eradicate the folks who are defying HP/Palms [LACK OF] marketing?

well then, made my departure that much easier THANKS
    Last edited by flea; 11/13/2010 at 09:12 AM.
    someone once said, "there is no such thing as bad publicity", so maybe all the whining translates into anticipation and buzz.

how's that for finding a silver lining?
    I used OS/2 and the parallels between it and webOS are uncanny. From touting "true multitasking" as an advantage over Windows to IBM having to support Win16 apps just to be competitive...it really feels like we're watching history repeat itself on a smaller screen.

Ultimately, IBM found themselves in a position where Windows 95 was good enough at the things OS/2 excelled at. On the other hand, Windows 95 was far far better at the things OS/2 sucked at (developer support, bundling, hardware support) and that was the kiss of death for that platform.

You can easily substitute "webOS" for "OS/2" and "Android" or "iOS" for "Windows 95" in this case.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    someone once said, "there is no such thing as bad publicity", so maybe all the whining translates into anticipation and buzz.

how's that for finding a silver lining?
    I agree with you, but there has been null action from the mother on this topic for quite some time, unfortunately... it truly would be nice to see in the future that HP took note and nailed the target. webos is too good of a thing to let go to waste. :/
    I've also been due for an upgrade since June. I don't know why you wait all this time and then switch so close to CES. I have a feeling he is going to regret his decision in a short two months. That is basically my cutoff date.

He didn't mentioned it, but I wondered if he dabbled in homebrew at all. Can't seem to leave a comment on his article.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    He was expecting a lot more from 2.0. He probably decided not to drink the CES superphone Kool-Aid being passed around here. A lot could change before CES including HP's evaluation of their prospects in the smartphone market given the reception of the Pre 2 among the carriers.

Even if there is hardware announced at CES that he likes it likely would be a couple of months before a phone is released. That's a lot of waiting when you are eligible for an upgrade right now.

What if Sprint is done with Palm? What if Sprint decides that they will wait and see on any future Palm device like they are doing with the Pre 2?
    Just because you are up for an upgrade doesn't mean you have to. I plan to wait for two things...

1) See how webOS2.0 runs on the older Pres.
    2) See what (if any) new hardware HPalm announce at CES (or any phone manufacturer for that matter).

Based on how those two go, I may stick around or I may jump on the Droid bandwagon.

I have been waiting since last March as that is when I was eligible for an upgrade. (My Pre was bought without renewing my contract, but I got a good deal on it anyway.)

I do think it is a bad time to jump ship so close to CES with webOS 2.0 just around the corner for older devices.
    Last edited by sinime; 11/13/2010 at 11:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    CES January 2011 you say?!
    ... Lets remind you that this is for an announcement, NOT A RELEASE.
    How do you know it is for an announcement and not a release? Please share.

They could release a new phone right around the time of CES.... Last year the Pre+ came out right around the CES announcement, yes I realize it was just double the RAM/storage, but still it was a "new" device. And what of the rumored Chinese manufacturer that was stated to be working on 5-6 new HP/Palm devices? Assuming that was true, how long does it take to build up enough inventory and release those devices to the public? IF you are awarded a contract, you had to know exactly what’s under the hood or how would you go about pricing it to HP to win the contract? Could it be that the Pre 2 isn't being pushed hard and only being sold because it's there and available and something better is right around the corner? This could explain why Sprint and others don't want to offer it.
    easy fix just going to buy a verizon and make it a sprint one till something better comes out for sprint if nothing for sprint I may change to another provider I get a big a** discount no matter what provider I use so price does not matter...
    It's hard to wait when you see all the new phones in the market and seemingly how much faster other companies are churning out phones. I guess it is just a matter of conviction at this point.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Ehh... Adiós

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums Beta
    NO touch screen? ANd you are happy with that? Tell us in a few more days or weeks how that is working out for you. I tried it several moons ago - didn't last long. Once you get used to a touch screen - key usage only becomes truly out dated!

Not as many apps, no touch screen, poor user support group, only single app open at a time, based on RIM service (and subject to their prying) hmmm - doesn't seem so much of a "happy pool" as it does a WADING pool!

good luck though convincing yourself you are happy.
    This PRE is MINE all MINE! But if you ask nice I might let you hold it!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    really can't help but wonder why the poll has been closed OH: haha now i get it... additional bad prprpr $added$ $to$ $existing$ $bad$ $pr$ $isnt$ $good$ $for$ $the$ $company$ $this$ $community$ $supports$. $hahah$ $good$ $luck$ $to$ $you$ $all$, $you$ $are$ $very$ $patient$!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    For the folks that are quick to bat away those of us that have been patient too long and are frustrated at the lack of options/announcements/leaks/rumours beyond pre2...

I understand that you are all very anxious for the next batch to come around, but can you really expect everyone to have the same patience as you?

How many are on their second, third, fourth or even fifth phones? how long has it taken for your pre to crack or break otherwise?

You are assuming that everyone on this forum has a pristine condition Pre/Pixi and it can definitely last until [superphone] ... well i say to you: overly conceited

Most people have been waiting for a Palm device to use with their upgrade options for some time now, but that hasnt come. And to think that you expect this Pre to hang on for X more months?!

Get ready to read this story in the future, it will be in the section where OS/2 lives.