View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 207 of 225 FirstFirst ... 107157197202203204205206207208209210211212217 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by lpupa70 View Post
    While I was installing applications my telephone loose itīs signal, instead I have the notification that it is offline, Idontīt know why is this, why I have many problems after I install any application.

Can any one help me to recover my signal, I uninstall all the applications I just adquire, and nothing change.
    Normal. Probably you installed something that required a Java Restart.

Just restart your phone if your connection doesn't return.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Quote Originally Posted by raisind View Post
    nice thread ... might give me an insight to the problems that excist because im new to palm!
    I wouldn't spend too much time here if I were you. The probelms described here are probably not representative of Pre phones in general. Mine has been virtually problem free since January. Sure, there are phones with problems, but if you got one of those just take it back.
  3. dw
    Quote Originally Posted by lpupa70 View Post
    While I was installing applications my telephone loose itīs signal, instead I have the notification that it is offline, Idontīt know why is this, why I have many problems after I install any application.

Can any one help me to recover my signal, I uninstall all the applications I just adquire, and nothing change.
    did you start airplane mode accidentially??
    I have never had any other smart phone but palm manufactured devices. Not because I am so loyal to the brand but I just like what they make and I tend to be resistant to change. I remember how psyched I was that the Pre was launching on my Birthday and my wife gave it to me as my present. She knows how much I love my phone but my only complaint, like my past palm phones was the screen size. I wanted a bigger phone because I wear glasses and I am almost as blind as a bat (lol). I was able to bring my wife from AT&T to Sprint and gave her a Pre, which she loves even more that her one time I-phone she raved so much about. I am getting an Evo tomorrow but I know by this time next year, I will be back with Palm if they have a phone with a big enough screen that suits me. By the way, I have used forums for quick references but this Forum is the first I have used as an information outlet as well as a social network of sorts. You guys rule!!...cheers.

"How art thou, thou globby bottle of cheap, stinking chip oil? Come and get one in the yarbles, if ya have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!"
    Sadly, I may be ditching my Pre Plus. VZ is letting me trade for anything I want due to the GPS issue. VZ gave me a couple months to decide what I wanted. HP/Palm gave me great hope that I could stick with WebOS when they announced the Pre 2. Unfortunately, they followed up that announcement with complete and total silence. Unless something changes in the next day or two, it looks like I may be jumping ship to an Android phone (Droid X, Samsung Continuum, etc?). I get my upgrade in 12/11, so hopefully by then HP/Palm can have their stuff together and I'll be able to return to WebOS (i.e. the best mobile OS on the market).
    Well have fun but wasn't it established it's not Palm/HPalm but Verizon that blocked the GPS services unless you purchased their VNav or whatever the abbreviation is for their navigation service?
    Market Saturation for smart phones can't come fast enough for me. Still too much disparity between the phone OS'es. Once we reach saturation point and everyone has a smart phone of comparable value people will be able to do an oranges to oranges comparison.

Lets be honest.
    Win 7 phones, BBerry, Apple, Android & Palm/HP OS'es all have their strengths and weaknesses.

Personally I like the way the WebOS works for handling tasks, integration, UI and its open/homebrew ability.

My 'like' of the OS in NO WAY translates into the fact that HP/Palm is way behind in basic OS ability or its lackluster hardware. Die hard Palm users of the older PalmOS are the most aware of what was lost. Expecting the community to 'make an app' or 'homebrew' the missing components is just....well...just silly.

I'm anxiously awaiting the next level of smartphone growth and by summer of 2011 I will have it. It might be an iphone 5, a samsung Android or a Palm phone, maybe even a Win 7. I don't know or really care which one it is......but I can tell you what it will have:

- voice controls for everything
    - 960x640 or ~1200x~700 screen (higher preferred)
    - 3.5", 4" or 4.3" screen (hopefully a 4.3")
    - access to google in every aspect, including full calendar/PIM options & integration
    - the UI will be instant. No waiting for things to load (yes I know that iphone/android already have this...only Palm doesn't)
    - Full backup/restore to the cloud OR a desktop

You know what my limiting factor is in the above....I live in Canada so the selection of phones is always much worse than the USA. We have one 4" phone (Samsung S) and no larger ones. The Samsung Tab is coming...I'm almost tempted to buy one and actually use it like a phone. Hold that bad boy up to the side of my head to make a call....now that would draw looks. lol.

If HP pulls a miracle out of their **** and makes a 4.3" high res phone and actually boosts the OS to include missing PIM features I might give it a go. As it stands, Palm is somewhere after an Android, Apple & Win7 phones. In that order.
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    as a sprint premier June 6 2009 palm pre power user, I have been through 1 pre, however, today I noticed the USB Port crack, second one to kill my pre's. Right now it isn't on the screen but it will be in weeks, or hopefully months. Whenever it gets there, I am getting a new phone.

I'm not one of those people that post ultimatums to Palm, but I just wanted to vent my frustration as a sprint user who has NO other options but to move on to the EPIC 4G. The Pre has been end of lifed by sprint today, and Best Buy has been replacing Pre's with other phones. If Sprint had gotten the Pre 2 I'd be able to rent it for a month as a new phone, but alas no new devices. Sorry the Pixi Minus won't cut it.

So I guess it comes down to the Pre lasting long enough that I will be at 29 days when my Epic 4g 30 day period is up. Otherwise, like many who have left because they couldn't deal with POS build quality, I will be an Android user.

I really have enjoyed this community, and I love webOS, even love my Pre!

tick tock...
    Last edited by jbg7474; 11/09/2010 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Language
    I don't blame you. I've been using my Sprint Pre for over 17 months now and am so tired of the build quality... Mine currently has so many issues.
    Want to keep up with my exciting new projects? You know where to find me.
    +1. See my post just a moment ago on the same ISB crack issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by pico23 View Post
    as a sprint premier June 6 2009 palm pre power user, I have been through 1 pre, however, today I noticed the USB Port crack, second one to kill my pre's. Right now it isn't on the screen but it will be in weeks, or hopefully months. Whenever it gets there, I am getting a new phone.

I'm not one of those people that post ultimatums to Palm, but I just wanted to vent my frustration as a sprint user who has NO other options but to move on to the EPIC 4G. The Pre has been end of lifed by sprint today, and Best Buy has been replacing Pre's with other phones. If Sprint had gotten the Pre 2 I'd be able to rent it for a month as a new phone, but alas no new devices. Sorry the Pixi Minus won't cut it.

So I guess it comes down to the Pre lasting long enough that I will be at 29 days when my Epic 4g 30 day period is up. Otherwise, like many who have left because they couldn't deal with POS build quality, I will be an Android user.

I really have enjoyed this community, and I love webOS, even love my Pre!

tick tock...
    Itz a sad day I'm also an Premier customer I think I will be leaving sprint and HPalm behind.
    Last edited by jbg7474; 11/09/2010 at 08:04 PM. Reason: Language in quote
    I'm sorry you feel this way.. I have been with palm for 12months > in those months it has been headaches and drama, but I seem to pull myself through all of that. I'm a survivor and a fighter... and I'm determine to see what Hp|Palm have instore for us. I will be fighting this all the way through.
    Global Posts
    518 Global Posts
    I have contemplated this for so long. When the Epic 4G first came out I was actually intending on jumping ship then. The only reason why I did not is because I really do like my Pre and its not in the fanatic sense, I have actually used Android and Blackberry and I simply am not impressed. WebOS does everything fluidly, at least for my needs.

But I will say that if nothing comes about to Sprint come March... I will be a Android user as well... I am not all that partial to the software but the hardware is what will draw me to my next phone.

Heres to hoping that HP and Sprint can pull a shiny new rabbit out of the hat before 3/11!
    Ħ╬čųβĢΔ
    Sent from my HTC Evo 4G
    you know guys we all love webos it's just the fact that palm isn't really doing much nor giving us any hints. nobody knows what will come next year. do not feel ashamed to move on to android, i just got my evo and i love the darn thing. if palm/hp make a comeback and release a high end phone ill be back but until then i wish you all the best.

it is a sad day today that sprint removed the pre but we all knew it was coming sooner or later.

if it weren't for the devs here the pre would of died long ago. thank them, not palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by H-Cubed View Post
    I have contemplated this for so long. When the Epic 4G first came out I was actually intending on jumping ship then. The only reason why I did not is because I really do like my Pre and its not in the fanatic sense, I have actually used Android and Blackberry and I simply am not impressed. WebOS does everything fluidly, at least for my needs.

But I will say that if nothing comes about to Sprint come March... I will be a Android user as well... I am not all that partial to the software but the hardware is what will draw me to my next phone.

Heres to hoping that HP and Sprint can pull a shiny new rabbit out of the hat before 3/11!
    i wouldn't count on a new webos device until at least next spring/summer. why not just get the epic/evo and come back when they release something? android isn't all that bad at all.
    I don't blame you as well. I just picked up the LG Optimus S for free from Radioshack sunday. Awesome build quality and Android 2.2. Pretty much same specs as the Pre except graphics card is the same as the snapdragons and 512MB ram. Can't beat that for free and its very slim. I'm sorry to say but I'm loving Android 2.2 and I don't miss the Pre what so ever. Even running @ 600MHZ this phone is faster than my 1.1 GHZ oc'd Pre. The only downer is it does not have access to a lot of the 3d games or flash at the moment, but Angry birds runs nice and Skyfire is a nice alternative to flash viewing.
    I've had my palm pre for one week as of today
    and now, the touch screen is completely unresponsive
    I've tried everything but to no avail..
    I really like webOS but I seriously don't understand how you guys could possibly have suffered though such atrocious hardware for this long (the touch screen isn't the only thing I had problems with).

anyway, it was nice being here for the past week
    maybe I'll be back some day
    I was looking forward to making some webOS apps but..
    I guess that will have to wait!

So long,
    Samuel Maskell
    15 months same pre no issues,,no suffering here.
    pre plus since jan, hardware solid.
    My screen has seemed unresponsive a few times, but really just turned out to be responding slow due to a memory leak. Always righted itself, after a restart.
    Sent from my favorite gadget!