View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 206 of 225 FirstFirst ... 106156196201202203204205206207208209210211216 ... LastLast
Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 4493
    I have loved this phone since I bought it. (Sprint launch day) However, now some issues are really starting to sour me on this phone. With no new phone on Sprint in site, I am not sure I want to stick with the Pre. The media player stinks, any youtube video I want to watch dies halfway through because of some stupid unable to playback file error even though the file was playing, now it seems that my touch screen sensativity is going because after my phone is idle for most of the day, I will try and enter my passcode and while the numbers are shown as being hit, the screen still displays a incorrect password message, and there is a slew of other issues that have already been stated in this thread. I really want the WebOS to rule the mobile landscape but these hardware/software issues are to much especially being over a year in.
    What good is a man if he can not change the world?
    Kingdom of Heaven
    Im just wondering if this has happened to anyone else. A little while ago, I dropped my phone with no case. I almost had a heart attack. lol. Well the top left side of the front part of the slider got a pretty good chunk taken out of it. Not REAL noticeable but it still sucked. Well the other day I went into AT&T just to look around. I picked up the pre for fun and noticed that the display phone had the EXACT SAME chip in it. So it made me wonder, is that a common thing in the phone or was it just a coincidence? Has it happened to anyone here?
    First thing's first, I am sorry if there's another topic like this, but right I don't care because I am <angry> with this phone.

First of all, last night while I pulled my phone out to see if I got any calls, I get an error message saying I need to log back into my Palm profile and do a reboot or do a reset to restore factory settings(can't remember the exact message).

I chose to reboot the phone. Well come to find out, several of my apps(including Preware) were wiped out, my texts have been erased, and several bookmarks that I had saved are also gone. Not only that, but now I still have a Theme installed mixed in with the Pre background that I now have to get rid of plus all of my music(I can easily get back but still) has been erased because that app was gone.

I was so <angry> that I slammed my phone on the table. And this is just one out of many I've had with this phone.

I've had to restart my phone because it has frozen on me or my internet has stopped working, I've had the too many cards error one too many times, and I've had the phone lag for no apparent reason on me.

And mind you, I have the latest WebOS installed.

Is there anything I can contact Sprint about because this is <bad> and I've done a Google search and found out that several people have had this problem. I've had this phone for about 6 months now iirc.

Several times I've been tempted to just throw this phone onto the ground and smash it into pieces simply because of all the problems I've had with it.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/15/2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: language
    Well... just giving you a heads up, you're gonna get these experiences no matter which phone you go to...
    @alex: That I know. But a ton of these problems have been known for ages and Palm have done **** about them. That's why I am glad I now do research on a phone before buying one.

Quote Originally Posted by rmausser View Post
    So you admit that you turned on developer mode and installed third party apps and I am assuming patches or overclock kernels to the phone.

The moment you take that Developer Mode button and switch it to ON:

YOU TAKE FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR EVERYTHING THAT HAPPENS WITH YOUR PHONE.

So you can only be mad at yourself, not at Palm. Are you listening to me?

It would be the same if you jailbroke an iphone, or an android phone.

People these days, W T F is wrong with you? Is nothing ever your own fault.

This is no ones fault but your own dude...grow up. Stop blaming your problems on a scapegoat.
    I know that. Except I've been having these problems BEFORE I installed Preware <deleted by Mod>. And no, Developer Mode is turned off.

Maybe Palm should I don't know, build a better phone? It's funny because I've read stories and/or reports or various design flaws with the Pre well before it was even released.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/15/2010 at 01:03 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkchomp View Post
    First thing's first, I am sorry if there's another topic like this, but right I don't care because I am <angry> with this phone.

First of all, last night while I pulled my phone out to see if I got any calls, I get an error message saying I need to log back into my Palm profile and do a reboot or do a reset to restore factory settings(can't remember the exact message).

I chose to reboot the phone. Well come to find out, several of my apps(including Preware) were wiped out, my texts have been erased, and several bookmarks that I had saved are also gone. Not only that, but now I still have a Theme installed mixed in with the Pre background that I now have to get rid of plus all of my music(I can easily get back but still) has been erased because that app was gone.

I was so <angry> that I slammed my phone on the table. And this is just one out of many I've had with this phone.

I've had to restart my phone because it has frozen on me or my internet has stopped working, I've had the too many cards error one too many times, and I've had the phone lag for no apparent reason on me.

And mind you, I have the latest WebOS installed.

Is there anything I can contact Sprint about because this is <bad> and I've done a Google search and found out that several people have had this problem. I've had this phone for about 6 months now iirc.

Several times I've been tempted to just throw this phone onto the ground and smash it into pieces simply because of all the problems I've had with it.
    Wow I got deleted and thought I gave some good advice.

Have you gone to a Sprint Store (one with repair) and seeing if they can fix it or replace it under warranty?

Have you tried a full erase and logging back into your Palm Profile that may fix it?
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Wow I got deleted and thought I gave some good advice.
    No one deleted your comments... PM me if you have questions/concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkchomp View Post

I know that. Except I've been having these problems BEFORE I installed Preware <deleted by mod>. And no, Developer Mode is turned off.
    lol, it doesnt matter if you have developer mode turned off now, if you have installed 3rd party apps and patches the modding has already been done.

lol, your funny.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/15/2010 at 01:03 PM. Reason: edited quoted text
    Maybe if the phone was better then no modding wouldn't have been necessary

But no, I've been having problems out of this phone for months. I only just installed preware about three weeks ago.

@cowgirl: No, I haven't tried that. Will it be replaced with another Pre or another phone(hopefully)?

I mean, it's bs to have a too many cards error when you're trying to make a damn phonecall. What's the point of multitasking if you can't multitask without getting an error?
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    According to 2 different Sprint Sales reps at two different stores NY is getting 4G on Oct 31. That was all I was waiting for to say goodbye to webos and this really really really old hardware
    I did the same thing to. I went on ahead and ordered an HTC Evo. I'll never buy anything that says Palm on it ever again. Shame, WebOS had so much potential but it got wasted. Too many cards(*** is the point of multitasking lol?), freezing problems, slow response, dropped signals, and then my phone almost reset itself.
    Are you guys going to stop making excuses for Palm?

It's somewhat unbelievable to me that after the shoddy workmanship on the OG pre, then the snub with the pre + and Verizon, and now the blatent attempt at saving a dying company with basically a pre + +, some of you are STILL making excuses.
    "Camera zoom will come later",
    "It's an early hardware prototype, the actual phone won't lag"
    "I like the 3.1" screen!"
    "Oh, there will be a higher resolution phone later"
    Etc...

I love webOS. Don't get me wrong. I was waiting paitently for Webos 2.0 to come around. I told all my friends with IPhones and Androids "just wait, once the new Palm comes out all of you will switch." Well guess what. A mild refresh of a 2 year old phone is simply a slap in the face to the majority of us. There's an old saying though that comes to mind.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice? Shame on me."

I personally will be dropping this POS in the nearest toilet once I make the switch to Android where I don't HAVE to make excuses for my phone. Broken volume buttons, broken power buttons, low resolution, lagginess, cracked screens, horrible battery life, lack of Flash, slow processor, not enough Ram. Honestly it makes me wonder how I got so hyped up about the Pre in the first place.

As for those of you that think I need to "grow up" because you're a die hard Palm fan and think that Palm can do no wrong, feel free to wallow in the mediocrity that is the Pre 2. Enjoy your blurry photos with no zoom or autofocus. Enjoy charging your phone twice a day. Enjoy that 3.1" screen and resolution that was outdated years ago. Feel free to "hope" for a HD pre 2 or roadrunner, or c40, or whatever it's being called this week. Then go ahead and justify it to yourself. Some of us simply can't anymore.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/19/2010 at 01:11 PM. Reason: deleted inappropriate acronym
    Enjoy your Droid! Bye now!
    <threads merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by 9KRacing View Post
    Are you guys going to stop making excuses for Palm?

It's somewhat unbelievable to me that after the shoddy workmanship on the OG pre, then the snub with the pre + and Verizon, and now the blatent attempt at saving a dying company with basically a pre + +, some of you are STILL making excuses.
    "Camera zoom will come later",
    "It's an early hardware prototype, the actual phone won't lag"
    "I like the 3.1" screen!"
    "Oh, there will be a higher resolution phone later"
    Etc...

I love webOS. Don't get me wrong. I was waiting paitently for Webos 2.0 to come around. I told all my friends with IPhones and Androids "just wait, once the new Palm comes out all of you will switch." Well guess what. A mild refresh of a 2 year old phone is simply a slap in the face to the majority of us. There's an old saying though that comes to mind.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice? Shame on me."

I personally will be dropping this POS in the nearest toilet once I make the switch to Android where I don't HAVE to make excuses for my phone. Broken volume buttons, broken power buttons, low resolution, lagginess, cracked screens, horrible battery life, lack of Flash, slow processor, not enough Ram. Honestly it makes me wonder how I got so hyped up about the Pre in the first place.

As for those of you that think I need to "grow up" because you're a die hard Palm fan and think that Palm can do no wrong, feel free to wallow in the mediocrity that is the Pre 2. Enjoy your blurry photos with no zoom or autofocus. Enjoy charging your phone twice a day. Enjoy that 3.1" screen and resolution that was outdated years ago. Feel free to "hope" for a HD pre 2 or roadrunner, or c40, or whatever it's being called this week. Then go ahead and justify it to yourself. Some of us simply can't anymore.
    Yeah, the phone is a disaster. Course, I don't think the toilet deserves that type of punishment
    nice thread ... might give me an insight to the problems that excist because im new to palm!
    I haven't had a blurry photo on my Sprint Palm at all. Actually I had one picture that compared very well to my Nikon picture I took at the same time.

I would like a new phone but alas I think either Sprint is not going to or is waiting to get a new HPalm phone.

I like OS and I like my Palm if that makes me a Palm Fan then so be it! LOL!

I have not had any problems with broken items that haven't been caused by me but I am not major user. I don't use it to play many games and I haven't used Preware.

I'm sorry you had problems and it seems like you are moving on. Enjoy your new phone and the system.
    like everyone else, I am very disappointed in this Pre 2 and was hoping for a bigger upgrade to the hardware and software. if most feel this way (which it seems), why is HP even releasing this phone? Seems like a waste but just something to keep people "happy"...more like frustrated. I need a new webos phone for sprint very soon...my current Pre is on its last leg. Cracked screen that seems to be getting bigger by the day, scratches everywhere, oreo getting worse, back liner on keyboard beginning to peel off.
    While I was installing applications my telephone loose itīs signal, instead I have the notification that it is offline, Idontīt know why is this, why I have many problems after I install any application.

Can any one help me to recover my signal, I uninstall all the applications I just adquire, and nothing change.
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Its that time folks. Upgrading and trying out epic - if i don't like ill be back in 30 days or less. If i do ill check out the next round of palms next year. This was my 1st palm it was cool and fun but too slow in production of new stuff for sprint.

So maybe ill be back maybe i won't it depends on how the epic performs. I'll miss my lil buddy we been thru a lot together although not as much as other. I never had a oreo, a brick or other problems of pre owners.

Ill check back in 30 days - for now im on holiday