View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 205 of 225 FirstFirst ... 105155195200201202203204205206207208209210215 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,100 of 4493
    have fun with the crappy battery life. ill wait for the pre2 to come. i just dumped my hero for another pre and im a happy camper. enjoy your phone but you will be back soon enough!
    Last edited by fixxxer1022; 10/12/2010 at 04:33 PM.
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I hope you find your new phone well-suited to your needs and preferences. Good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by acraniotes View Post
    So far I can tell you that even with the new Froyo update and HTC's Sense UI mashed on top, it's no where near as polished, elegant or intuitive as PalmOS. Anyone who claims different is an inveterate phanboy who hasn't used a Pre before.
    "Anyone who claims an opinion different than mine is a ******"
    That's ********.

I've had the Palm Pre for a year. [Well that is, all 10 or 12 or so since it broke constantly. Only phone I've ever owned that had to be replaced more than twice in it's "lifetime" with me]

I've now had the Evo since August.
    Comparing the two the Evo blows the Pre away and Android wins in more departments than Webos any day.

WebOs is just TOO SIMPLE of a design. Almost to the degree that they don't trust me to have power over my own phone.

The Pre is one of the slowest smartphones ever. The hardware specs for the Pre AT THE TIME were "meh".

Even so, boy am I going to miss the Pre's true multitasking, best-of-breed notifications, hard keyboard (even though mine kind of sucked), and intuitive gestures.
    I'll take my fingers not hurting after texting constantly. I'll also take the screen not shrinking and even messing up sometimes with the bottom notifications. Notifications at the top are just a better idea, any day of the week.
    The only thing Webos has going for it is Cards. Period.
    Gestures are easily forgettable.

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer1022 View Post
    have fun with the crappy battery life. ill wait for the pre2 to come. i just dumped my hero for another pre and im a happy camper.
    LOL.

Did someone just try to claim that the Pre's battery life is in anyway better than the Evo?

With the Evo [under constant usage] I have to go through two batterys a day if I'm on 3g. [one if Wifi]

With the Pre I had to go through three if not four a day.

[A day is considered 12 hours]

Hands down, the Pre is the worst phone I've ever had when it comes to battery life.
    matty, why are you here then? If you aren't happy with Pre sounds like you've moved on.

My Pre is outstanding my opinion and while I respect yours the vulgarity and jackbunny-ness is uncalled for.
    have fun with the crappy battery life. ill wait for the pre2 to come. i just dumped my hero for another pre and im a happy camper. enjoy your phone but you will be back soon enough!
    One of the few reasons I'm using my EVO full time instead of my Pre is the great battery life of the EVO. Not sure where you're getting your info. Oh, and I'm not sure I can go back to not having flash support. For ease of use, Android is still behind webOS it's just that Android is like a power house in terms of usability/funtion.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    matty, why are you here then? If you aren't happy with Pre sounds like you've moved on.

My Pre is outstanding my opinion and while I respect yours the vulgarity and jackbunny-ness is uncalled for.
    I'm here because I still like Webos and I was hoping HP could actually do something intelligent with it. [Thus far I see they aren't]

Vulgarity?

Oh you're talking about how I summed up acraniotes's comment of what other people should think?

Yeah I think I'll keep that "vulgarity" because I'm real sick of that crap. You're not gonna call other people "fan boys" because they don't agree with your opinion.

I'm also enjoying this idea that someone doesn't "belong here" because they don't own a Palm device anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    I'm also enjoying this idea that someone doesn't "belong here" because they don't own a Palm device anymore.
    Don't be putting words that aren't there. I didn't say that I asked why is all. It seems you are happy with another phone and your post indicates in my NSFHO not see where you are waiting and hoping for something else.

I love my PalmPre and have never had a problem that I didn't cause happen to it.
    I didn't start this thread as a dig at Palm or a dig at Android, so let's not go down that road, shall we? Each OS has it's pros and cons, though honestly, I'm hard pressed to see just how Android is in any way more intuitive, easy to use, or elegant than the Palm OS in its execution. Is it more powerful? Quite possibly, though I never felt as though I was lacking in flexibility or capability with WebOS.

Anyway, as a big time fan of the WebOS -- though not of the hardware that went along with it -- it's not without some misgivings that I'm jumping ship; however, I won't deny that I'm looking forward to learning more about Android. Is it "better" than WebOS. I kind of doubt it, but hey, the proof's in the pudding as they say, and I'm going into this experiment with an open mind.

Oh, and I still have faith that Palm can bounce back with the Pre "3"...

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    I have a feeling this thread is going downhill.
    Current: Palm Pre 2
    History: [Palm] Pre Plus - [IOS] iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G - [Blackberry] Pearl 8120, Storm 9530, Bold 9000, Bold 9700, Torch 9800 - [WP7] HTC HD7S - [WM] HTC Fuze - [Android] HTC Aria
    Quote Originally Posted by Rei VI View Post
    I have a feeling this thread is going downhill.
    Actually it was a very good thread until...... (shrugs)..and I was a contributing factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    Don't be putting words that aren't there. I didn't say that I asked why is all.
    Your question hinted at just that.

I didn't start this thread as a dig at Palm or a dig at Android, so let's not go down that road, shall we?

As a big time fan of the PalmOS -- though not of the hardware that went along with it -- it's not without some misgivings that I'm jumping ship; however, I won't deny that I'm looking forward to learning more about Android. Is it "better" than PalmOS. I kind of doubt it, but hey, the proof's in the pudding as they say, and I'm going into this experiment with an open mind.

And I still have faith that Palm can bounce back with the Pre "3"...

Regards,
    Adam
    No offence but comparing is exactly what you did in your original post. You then made the claim that someone with a different opinion is a "fan-boy".

So, I mean, if you don't want something to happen in a thread that you create than don't do it?

Also, it's hard to deny the success that Android is having. They are on track to unseat long time tops Apple and even RIM.
    Whether it's because of the OS itself, the dev support it's getting, or just the Google name...[or a combination of all three] is hard to say...
    But it's doing the best of all of the mobile OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by mperkinsky View Post
    One of the few reasons I'm using my EVO full time instead of my Pre is the great battery life of the EVO. Not sure where you're getting your info. Oh, and I'm not sure I can go back to not having flash support. For ease of use, Android is still behind webOS it's just that Android is like a power house in terms of usability/funtion.
    i owned one for two weeks and had to disable every feature to get half way decent battery life. the evo isn't "all that".
    i owned one for two weeks and had to disable every feature to get half way decent battery life. the evo isn't "all that".
    You probably have an app running stupidly in the background or an excess of widgets that are constantly updating.

I would check both [I recommend watch dog].

My battery can last all day on wifi with the evo.

I could NEVER say that for the Pre. In fact, if the Pre just sat there untouched it would use most, if not all, of it's battery during the course of 8 hours.
    Um, can you say, "band wagon" Regarding Android's success? And awesome marketing doesn't hurt...
    <<Thread merged into Goodbye/Complaint thread>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattykinsx View Post
    Your question hinted at just that.

No offence but comparing is exactly what you did in your original post. You then made the claim that someone with a different opinion is a "fan-boy".

So, I mean, if you don't want something to happen in a thread that you create than don't do it?
    Okay, you got me, cool? Android is just as easy to use, elegant and intuitive as WebOS.

Now, let's keep things positive, cool?

Regards,
    Adam
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
    Quote Originally Posted by callderek View Post
    Um, can you say, "band wagon" Regarding Android's success? And awesome marketing doesn't hurt...
    I don't know that it would be anymore bandwagon than anything else.

And their marketing sucks. I literally mute the TV anytime an android commercial comes on.
    The commercials actually make me embarrassed to own an android based phone.

Okay, you got me, cool? Android is just as easy to use, elegant and intuitive as WebOS.

Now, let's keep things positive, cool?

Regards,
    Adam
    All I ask for is people not make such statements as you did.
    You are free to express your opinion, as am I and everyone else, but making such a comment like "anyone that disagrees is a fan-boy" is not the way to do it.
    NEED AN OFFICE APP NOW! DocView is horrible when trying to view a downloaded spreadsheet.
    well its official im finally leaving palm for a older android hero .. ive had 5 palms and i cant take it any more , swapped on out last thursday got a ferb and it had a stuck shift button and a screen theY d sprayDand cove im perfection and it look like crap ! so the gave me the opt out with another phone .. i guess i can hold out till my upgrade in december .. I just wanted to thank every one here for all the support in the forum. and in the homebrew department .... i cant say ill never be a palm man again cause there great phones with bad hardware ... so take care guys and gals

MATT406REGAL "OUT"
    Matt, you are always welcome at P|C... hopefully new hardware will make you and others excited.