View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 204 of 225 FirstFirst ... 104154194199200201202203204205206207208209214 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 4493
  1. #4061  
    Nice first post
  2. #4062  
    sounds like your FRIEND should refund your money..... how is this palms fault?
  3. #4063  
    I'm not mad they won't replace it, I totally understand, I just didn't expect a phone that was supposedly "refurbished" by Asurion and I know my buddy did not use went bad in under a week. I honestly love the OS and I just wish there was something I could do to fix it. All I'm saying is I regret the wasted money. I'm on the SERO because I'm cheap lol. Anyway thanks guys, I hope you guys have better luck with your phones and or replacements than I did. Right now all I can do is add insurance, claim the phone lost, and get an equivalent sprint phone.
  4. #4064  
    @Hattchetjack, My friend who never even turned on the phone should not have to do anything, I put the blame on Asurion for shipping the defective phone. I don't blame palm for not replacing it, I totally understand, I merely wish their build quality was better, and thios is coming from a guy who HATES android with a passion
  5. jwinn35's Avatar
    Posts
    390 Posts
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    #4065  
    I hate android but not with a passion andi wouldn't ditch palm for it. You buddy should give you the money back and you go buy another pre from someone then and let him deal with the fact it's broke. Maybe since it was sent to him they'll exchange it.
  6. #4066  
    Quote Originally Posted by M5ROAMG View Post
    @Hattchetjack, My friend who never even turned on the phone should not have to do anything, I put the blame on Asurion for shipping the defective phone. I don't blame palm for not replacing it, I totally understand, I merely wish their build quality was better, and thios is coming from a guy who HATES android with a passion
    your friend has 90 days of warranty from asurion. he needs to make them replace the phone to him. and when you activate it, sprint may let you start insurance on it, too.
  7. #4067  
    Ok I know this sound stupid, but I was really excited to get palm pre after living with windows mobile and android. Anyway I appreciate you guys trying to help me out and I just wanted to say thanks in general to the website, it helped me a lot when my phone still connected to my computer. Good luck guys all of you have a great night.
  8. #4068  
    why not have ur friend call asurion and have them send HIM a replacement.?
  9. #4069  
    i'm using my palm pre plus since past june. i really really like webos, but now my eligible upgrade date is coming here is the question; i don't want to give up on palm, but come on, release something new soon ! i want to use skype with my new phone, release darn mic api! i don't care any games, all i need is just skype!
    i really like the general package such as touchstone, notifications etc. buuut how can i stand behid this old spec phone. give me something with a front facing camera!
    next month i'm going to get iphone 4 and an ipod touch for my family, that's the way we can see eachother without any pc.. so who is with me?
  10. #4070  
    Quote Originally Posted by levoresume View Post
    i'm using my palm pre plus since past june. i really really like webos, but now my eligible upgrade date is coming here is the question; i don't want to give up on palm, but come on, release something new soon ! i want to use skype with my new phone, release darn mic api! i don't care any games, all i need is just skype!
    i really like the general package such as touchstone, notifications etc. buuut how can i stand behid this old spec phone. give me something with a front facing camera!
    next month i'm going to get iphone 4 and an ipod touch for my family, that's the way we can see eachother without any pc.. so who is with me?
    Just hold on a bit longer. Mic and Camera APIs are supposed to be coming with WebOS 2.0, which should hit by the end of the year. Plus, new hardware is coming early next year, and I think it will be worth the wait.
  11. #4071  
    not with you. the only reason i'd consider an iPhone is to do facetime with my girlfriend. and since that has to be on wifi, and not just when you're out and about wherever, i figure i may as well just use my laptop, or get a tablet.

    a front facing camera that works without wifi, and with general things like gtalk and aim, would really temp me to jump ship though.
  12. weedalin's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #4072  
    How often does it happen that one specific part of the touchscreen stops working? One line of sensors just stopped registering touches this morning (and I didn't do anything to my phone the previous day either; no drops or anything).
  13. #4073  
    If you can keep criticism constructive, methodical and without profanity...you may want to send your thoughts this way as well:

    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  14. #4074  
    Quote Originally Posted by weedalin View Post
    How often does it happen that one specific part of the touchscreen stops working? One line of sensors just stopped registering touches this morning (and I didn't do anything to my phone the previous day either; no drops or anything).
    usually happens to the lower right portion of my screen and the right side of my gesture area. It's like it gets hung up, the phone becomes slower and I need to restart it to get things working again.
  15. weedalin's Avatar
    Posts
    50 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #4075  
    Strange, the dead line is in the smack dab middle of the screen.
  16. #4076  
    With one year of Pre ownership under my belt, I figured it was time to move on. For now. After seeing the shots/specs of the Pre 2, I didn't feel like locking myself into more of the same for yet another 12 months, so I jumped ship to Android via an HTC Evo. So far I can tell you that even with the new Froyo update and HTC's Sense UI mashed on top, it's no where near as polished, elegant or intuitive as PalmOS. Anyone who claims different is an inveterate phanboy who hasn't used a Pre before.

    That said, the Evo's hardware is light years ahead of the Pre (and, from what we've seen thus far, the Pre 2), what with its 4G radio, WiFi tethering, front/rear cameras, digital compass, ginormous screen, et al; and I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't looking looking forward to being on a platform with more developer support than Palm could muster as well. Even so, boy am I going to miss the Pre's true multitasking, best-of-breed notifications, hard keyboard (even though mine kind of sucked), and intuitive gestures.

    All is not lost, however, since my wife opted to stick with Palm. In fact, they gave her a new unit gratis since her old one looked like it got run over by a Mack truck, so she's pretty happy (and so am I since I can still tinker with it when the mood strikes). In fact, it should be interesting to contrast the two user experiences side-by-side. We'll see.

    So, here's to the Pre 2 paving the way for some serious new Palm hardware, and of course, to those of you who are still manning the guns and taking the grenades. I'll see you all on the other side, when we're rocking our Pre 3s and kicking sand in the face of all the iPhone, Android and Blackberry users.

    Regards,
    Adam

    PS - It's worth noting here that my wife's new Pre is as tight as a drum with no oreo-effect and a delightfully clicky keyboard. Let's see how long it lasts...
    __________________
    Apple: Newton MP120
    Pocket PC: iPAQ, Jornada 548
    Psion: Series 5
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G
  17. #4077  
    See you around the bend

    Sprint Pre- Meta-Doctor 2.1.0 w/Flash

    Everything is Amazing & Nobody is Happy, "People with their mobile phones, "uh... oh... it won't..."... GIVE IT A SECOND... IT'S GOING TO SPACE!" Louis C.K.
  18. #4078  
    Quote Originally Posted by acraniotes View Post
    ...the Evo's hardware is light years ahead of the Pre ... WiFi tethering ...
    I fail to see how WiFi tethering on the EVO is any different than on the Pre. Well, I guess, unless you are speaking of the fact that Sprint allows you to pay $30 a month for WIFI tethering.
  19. #4079  
    Android 3.0 aka Gingerbread is due out by next month which is suppose to revamp the UI for better ease of use for you missing webos guys...hopely that with help ease your transition.
  20. #4080  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey47 View Post
    I fail to see how WiFi tethering on the EVO is any different than on the Pre. Well, I guess, unless you are speaking of the fact that Sprint allows you to pay $30 a month for WIFI tethering.
    Aside from the fact that I can tether at 4G speeds and it's built-in rather than a hack, once I root my Evo, I can get around the $30/month crap too...

    Regards,
    Adam
    __________________
    Apple: Newton MP120
    Pocket PC: iPAQ, Jornada 548
    Psion: Series 5
    Sony: NR70, NX80
    Palm: III, V, Vx, IIIc, m505, LifeDrive, Treo 700p, Palm Pre
    Android: HTC Evo 4G

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions