View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 203 of 225 FirstFirst ... 103153193198199200201202203204205206207208213 ... LastLast
Results 4,041 to 4,060 of 4493
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    two drops of epoxy and that keyboard will stay open. think of it as a Pixi2

ROTFLMAO!!!! Mine usually stays open unless I put it in my purse or pocket.
    I jumped ship to Android . Couldn't wait any longer for new hardware from Palm . I'm actually typing this from my Epic now . :] For the most part , I LOVE this phone . The screen is mind blowing to me , lovvin the keyboard , Android is eh , the speed is great , & its an overall great phone .

Better then the pre ? : Can't be answered . Just can't .
    Do I prefer Epic over Pre ? : Yes .
    Do I miss WebOS ? : More then you'll ever know ..

Ill come back some other time . WebOS needs to mature a little ..

The screen is unscratchable ! :]

Btw , before you start bashhin on the Youtube player , you have to play the video first , hin Menu , then More , then Watch in High Quality . It looks great on the screen .

Camera is great also .

Please don't flame me . I'm not hating on WebOS , I'm not talking up the phone because I have it , I'm just giving MHO .

Android is ehh . Not that great . - had to make sure that was said .

It kinda made me sad to replace my P|C shortcut on my laptop with A|C . I DEFF got to say the community isn't as great there , its much better here .

Anyways .. Bye !
    Quote Originally Posted by v7z730ib View Post
    I jumped ship to Android . Couldn't wait any longer for new hardware from Palm . I'm actually typing this from my Epic now . :] For the most part , I LOVE this phone . The screen is mind blowing to me , lovvin the keyboard , Android is eh , the speed is great , & its an overall great phone .

Better then the pre ? : Can't be answered . Just can't .
    Do I prefer Epic over Pre ? : Yes .
    Do I miss WebOS ? : More then you'll ever know ..

Ill come back some other time . WebOS needs to mature a little ..

The screen is unscratchable ! :]

Btw , before you start bashhin on the Youtube player , you have to play the video first , hin Menu , then More , then Watch in High Quality . It looks great on the screen .

Camera is great also .

Please don't flame me . I'm not hating on WebOS , I'm not talking up the phone because I have it , I'm just giving MHO .

Android is ehh . Not that great . - had to make sure that was said .

It kinda made me sad to replace my P|C shortcut on my laptop with A|C . I DEFF got to say the community isn't as great there , its much better here .

Anyways .. Bye !
    Man, you made it through that whole post without TWIZUI crashing? that's impressive.
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

Palm is sending the wrong message to their loyal (sometimes too loyal) customers by putting out a subpar product. I've been on precentral long enough and read enough pre posts on other sites to know that build quality is to blame. While WebOS is an absolute delight, the Pre is a lemon. Clear and simple. I've had my phone get stuck in headset mode twice, the power button stopped working twice, and my camera stopped working. My fiance has had her own issues that all together meant we went through 9 Pres in one year! I take care of my electronics, I'm a huge nerd. I don't just toss my phones around all willy-nilly. Palm <messed> up with the Pre.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/23/2010 at 01:32 AM. Reason: posting around language filter
    Quote Originally Posted by cowgirlupkelly View Post
    dvidearts, I hate virtual keyboards which is why I didn't go with the Purple Instinct when I upgraded to Pre. LOL! now I love my Pre.
    Yeah a lot of people don't like virtual keyboards, but I got an iphone first and now I miss it. It would be nice just to have the option of using which ever one you want
    v7z730ib, can you please check your PMs.
    Lol , see , I'm actually using Launcher Pro . :P Touchwiz wasn't that bad , but it coulda ben better .Although , I don't see how a launcher would keep you from buying a phone . Especially when you can just download a new launcher. :PEvery phone has there problems. And some matter more to others . But it doesn't bother me much . :]
    I love my Palms, had every single one so far and still have them all BUT webos... os in latin means a hole! and the Pre is a dark hole in the universe if you have a pre in India. Why? No app store available. No downloads over wireless. No downloads over the net to my pc and then to the Pre.. perhaps they felt pre was a short form for prehistoric?

I am planning my next phone now... this was my shortest usage of a phone 2 days!! Unless someone can help me please.
    Switch while you still have the chamce.
    When my Sprint Palm Pre is not lagging it is an absolute dream to use. However, that is only about 50% of the time. App launcher stutters, mail app freezes, text entry stutters, etc. I could go on and on about this for 500 more words,but I won't.

anyone else feel my pain? Is this not inexcusable for this day and age of technology? Is webOS ahead of it's time, or did Palm just make a really crappy piece of hardware?? Your thouhts are welcome.
    are you overclocking with uberkernel? Problem solved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    are you overclocking with uberkernel? Problem solved.
    yes I use 800 screenstate but still the phone constantly takes a crap on itself.
    Lets give palm a little credit here, they allowed homebrew to work their magic and made two great devices not to mention that those two great devices were first generation hardware running first generation software.
    Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    I had forgotten about this feature, till my daughter broke her phone and is using my treo 700p.
    The feature is when you are receiving a call; you had three (3) options.
    1. Answer
    2. Send to voice mail
    3. Send person to voice mail / text message and had small text blurbs ready to pick from.
    I miss the text message part, I don’t know how she does it but my wife always calls me at the worst times. I guess because I was unemployed when I stood in line at best buy to get my pre I did not realize it was missing.
    The only other thing would be not supporting Audible book. Pain to convert to MP3’s and you lose some sound quality.
    I liked that 'ignore with text' too. As a work around, you can text them back from the call list, which is only two extra taps. Not the same, but once I got used to it I am happy with it.
    Hi Osidak

I've been using palm products since the early 90s and pretty happy with them until the Pro....

I purchased one in April 2009 and it was replaced in November 2009 due to calls going straight to message bank. This was then replaced again in April 2010 due to a series of problems.

Guess what I started to have another issue with calls going to message bank around a month ago. Palms answer - borrow someones sim to see if it's not the carrier (Helstra). I did this and proved it was not the carrier but put up with the problem as we were on holidays. Earlier this week the pro decided it was not going to start up. Rang palm and went through the usual overnight charging both via mains and usb. Palms answer this morning borrow or buy a battery to see if this is the problem and send it in to get fixed at a minimum cost of $250.

Well that is about the last straw and it's now off to get a reliable non palm phone (HTC I think) which is disappointing as I do like the size and functionality of the pro but it's just a piece of ****e.

I'm not sure if others agree that they have gone down hill in a big way in recent times.

Cheers from Peter
    I activated a refurbished palm pre from that I bought from a friend who received it as an asurion replacement, never activated, was even offered TEP by sprint. and it wont even connect in USB mode and after chatting with a palm rep who informed me that they will not replace my phone which had been active all of 6 days (I have SERO) I have decided that I'm leaving webOS, having the phone is great but not being able to transfer music and putting my gameboy/color roms in visualboy is just not kosher. I love the operating system but after paying for a refurbished phone which is still defective and receiving a defective phone, I'm tired. I neglected to get insurance but I will add it now and pay the $100 to get whatever phone is equal to the pre. I regret buying the pre and I loved having it for a few days but as a starving college student, I now have to pay an extra $100 to get a replacement phone after already buying the pre which had never been activated. I understand some people will criticize me but I'm jumping ship, at least the hardware on android phones is solid. I love webOS but alas Palm's hardware is terrible. My last three devices have been Palms (Treo 800w, Treo Pro) but i just can't trust Palm anymore, it seems as if they build their devices to fail, you can't even trust the refurbished ones. I say thank you to the members of the site, it was great being able to download homebrew and stuff and I hope Palm fixes their build quality so I can (hesitantly) return to webOS.
    make sure you are using a palm usb cable. then use orange+sym+U to put the phone in usb mode.
    Global Posts
    396 Global Posts
    you bought a faulty phone from a buddy and your mad they won't jump up and replace it for you? And you didn't have insurance in th first place? And you blame it ob palm? That's crazy?
    I have my friend, I'm trying to find every reason to keep the phone, I even chatted with a palm rep for nearly an hour and a half. Nothing works, the oem palmm cable wont even charge the phone where the aftermarket charges it but wont put it into usb mode, Even in recovery mode, I cant run webos doctor since it wont recognize the phone.