View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 202 of 225 FirstFirst ... 102152192197198199200201202203204205206207212 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 4493
    Well I just replaced both my wife's and my Treo's with Android devices and I can say we are both 1000 times happier with them

It has been fun hanging out here - never posted much but have done lots of reading - Was a long time Palm customer but they <<deleted by Mod>> with the way they handled their last two windows phones and was not impressed with the Pre at all.

<deleted by Mod>
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 10/04/2010 at 11:43 PM. Reason: language
    -Treo 650 | 700wx | Centro | 800w | Treo Pro
    Verizon is no better. At leasted when your Pre worked you had GPS and a functional keyboard. Don't forfet getting updates quicker.
    First off, I've been happy with WebOS. My issue is with the Palm Pre phone itself. I'm currently on my 3rd Pre. The first one got stuck on headset mode. The 2nd one got replaced because the power button quit working. I'm now 4 months into my 3rd phone and it too is stuck in headset mode and I have the notorious crack propogating from the usb port. I expected to get the phone again replaced, but I found out that the 1 year warranty period is from the original purchase date only. Seems odd since I don't have the original phone and they just replaced it with another piece of crap refurb phone. I've lost all faith in Palm's hardware and I have no plans to ever spend my money on one again.
    wow how to you guys break your stuff.. I have dropped my phone 4 times and still don't have cracks or issues
    In a world of droid, Pre does it better.

Shouldn't we treat this world like the Garden of Eden and avoid the apple at all costs?
    It's never been dropped. Do a search. There are tons of people with the same issues. I can find pics of the exact same crack by the usb door on literally hundreds of phones. I don't think we all just dropped them the exact same way. I don't know if it's just the luck of the draw of build batches or what, but they obviously know they have some build quality issues. To not fix them, is beyond me. To not extend the warranty on a refurb phone makes no sense to me either.
    Last edited by dosnotches; 09/22/2010 at 02:30 PM. Reason: grammar
    Okey. Fine. Whatever. Then don't.

While I see many in here who seem to have issues I've never had a problem that wasn't caused by operator error on my end with my phones. DH's phone even continued to work after it was ran over by a car (touch screen didn't be we were able to still get it to boot and utilize keyboard to do stuff with it).
    Quote Originally Posted by dosnotches View Post
    To not extend the warranty on a refurb phone makes not sense to me either.
    My Jawbone Ear Candy has been replaced 2 times (and it's less than a year old) and the warranty didn't extend on the replacement ones either. Should I be mad at them cuz they won't extend the warranty?
    Why have a warranty if you are going to just replace junk with junk? It's common practice to extend at least a 1 year warranty after something is replaced while it is under warranty. And I'm betting you don't waste your money on that earpiece again either.
    I've lost all faith in Palm's hardware and I have no plans to ever spend my money on one again.
    Hopefully with HP's bankroll behind them this will improve. Like you said, TONS of people have had issues with the Pre's build quality and I'm willing to bet HP will address them with the next device.

But do what you want.
    Global Posts
    373 Global Posts
    Why have a warranty if you are going to just replace junk with junk? It's common practice to extend at least a 1 year warranty after something is replaced while it is under warranty. And I'm betting you don't waste your money on that earpiece again either.
    I disagree with you there. It's standard practice that warranty is from original date of purchase. On larger items you get 45 to 90 days on parts replaced. If you extend a warranty based on replacement than you have people that will work that to keep their device under warrant indefintely
    Actually I'd buy another Jawbone in a heartbeat. My husband just replaced a Jawbone with a Jawbone. Basically because they've been the best customer service I've ever dealt with in my life.

The issues I had with the Jawbone again like my problems with my Pre were operator error.

I have to say I don't think my Pre is junk, nor did I think husband's Pre is junk. And both our replacements are more solid than the originals we had.

I've never seen anything I've owned electronically that was replaced under warranty to have the warranty extended. Not my HDTV, not my computers (and I've had about 4 replaced under warranty), not any of my phones (I had my Instinct replaced 4 times in a year), not even my electric pancake maker.
    I think they will have to, because I'm sure I'm not the only one that will be waiting to see if they got things fixed before purchasing it again. It was more of a pain in the *** when I was getting them replaced, but now that they won't even replace something that they know they have issues with, I'm done.
    In Before The Move to "General Pre Complaints"
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Looks like you buy a lot of junk. I'm sure you would be singing a different song if you still had 11 months on your contract and have to use the speaker everytime you use your phone (or use that earpiece that never works)...
    Looks like you buy a lot of junk. I'm sure you would be singing a different song if you still had 11 months on your contract and have to use the speaker everytime you use your phone (or use that earpiece that never works)...
    I don't buy junk but sometimes you just get a lemon. It happens in everything that is manufactured. I've had 4 computer replaced but to me that's not bad since I've had a computer for over 20 years in my househould. The Instict was a phone I loved and was offered a different phone on the second replacement. I've had 1 TV replaced under warranty and that because a know issue. You just sound bitter. Sounds like you don't like the phone at all. So why wait? Why not just pay for a phone you love? Find one on ebay or craigs list.

I love my Pre (even though I may upgrade next month to the Epic but it's not because I don't love my Pre -- I'll probably keep the Pre on a 2nd line).

Oh and sorry you still have a year left on your contract. So happy I have Sprint and can upgrade every 12 months.
    My only complaint is I would like to see a virtual keyboard on the Pre. Always sliding the keyboard out getting old and getting a pixi is out of the question
    dvidearts, I hate virtual keyboards which is why I didn't go with the Purple Instinct when I upgraded to Pre. LOL! now I love my Pre.
    I'm out, it doesn't run Crysis!
    Quote Originally Posted by dvidearts View Post
    My only complaint is I would like to see a virtual keyboard on the Pre. Always sliding the keyboard out getting old and getting a pixi is out of the question
    two drops of epoxy and that keyboard will stay open. think of it as a Pixi2