View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 201 of 225 FirstFirst ... 101151191196197198199200201202203204205206211 ... LastLast
Results 4,001 to 4,020 of 4493
    Got the new phone 2 weeks ago. Sounds much better on call quality. Put my Seidio big boy battery back in and sound quality is still ok, also no need to shim it with a piece of cardboard, its not turning the phone off at random times by losing contact.

Decided I needed to jump in a see what my experience would be if I actually tried using patches, even though the need to do that bugs me.

Now overclocked to 800 and everything runs smoothly, no lag when typing on the phone keypad which was driving me nuts and causing me to call the same number twice or add extra digits.

Got Preware running. Still pretty disappointed with the overall selection of apps out there.

Got GPS Fix. It seemed to work one day in one area and then completely failed to work for a whole day in another area. Will keep trying.

Thanks to the passion of most of the members here, I'm not as dissatisfied with my PrePlus as I used to be a month ago. Not 100% happy but willing to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by jonepner View Post
    *** 8/26/10 Update on my Phone: I spent 90 minutes in the Verizon Store today waiting for them to tell me that they needed to replace my phone but that they didn't have any Pre's in the store. I asked them to check the rest of New York City and the computer told them that there were NONE in any Verizon Store in New York!!! Pretty good sign that the Pre Plus is EOL at Verizon. Another good sign? The fancy kiosks with stools that let me preview all of the wonders of the Droid X as I waited for them to tell me they couldn't help me!

Also at Verizon: no accessories of any sort ondisplay for Pre Plus. I did see one hot pink cover for a Pixi in the clearance rack, but no chargers, cases, nothing!

We'll see if my experience gets any better on Tuesday when the new (or refurb) unit comes in.[/B]
    quick update on mine:

Spoke to US support last night beacuse uk were offline, verry friendly and helpful, they offered either:
    1. repair
    2. advance replacement (they send you one first then you send yours but it costs $18

Spoke to UK (EU) service cos im actually in the UK, not so friendly, and no advance replacement service in the UK, but i can get it reapaired and they claim this only takes 7 days so not so bad after all.

So im sending it back for a uk repair cos the US one would probably take as long and it costs money for the advance and postage from uk of course.

So credit to palm support for helping me out im just dreading getting it back and finding that it gets stuck in headset mode again, bacause this has happened to others.
    want to have "better" apps. .not more
    Quote Originally Posted by funkus View Post
    sorry i should have clarified that but im not an *****...i bought it it new condition, its worked fine for 8 months, and its a common known fault that people have experienced. Some people have had this issue with both their origional and their replacement devices. Some fix it and find it comes back repeatedly.

its also disussed in this webOSroundup post '9 Simple Fixes for the Palm Pre' (they dont always work)
    EDIT: google the above phrase, cant post links yet

and theres a tonne of threads on this verry forum about this issue, and while i really appreciate the time and effort that people to go through with these hints and tips, they havent worked for me

PS: dont get me wrong i love this phone but if i cant make calls on it then game over
    Look at my post count.... I know about the issue. I just won't buy a used electronics (especially ones with know hardware issues) other than maybe a cheap used deck for a car , even in "like new" condition you never know how well the person actually took care of the device. Especially considering an issue like the headphone jack issue, where the damage is not something that can be physically seen.

Have you tried using the homebrew app to fix the issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Look at my post count.... I know about the issue. I just won't buy a used electronics (especially ones with know hardware issues) other than maybe a cheap used deck for a car , even in "like new" condition you never know how well the person actually took care of the device. Especially considering an issue like the headphone jack issue, where the damage is not something that can be physically seen.

Have you tried using the homebrew app to fix the issue?
    I can appreciate some poeple fearing e-bay but careful buying and inspecting and testing devices before leaving feedback is a good way to protect yourself.

The, device was brand new not "like new", it was unused - it still had the factory screen protector on, and i think over 8 months of daily use without issue, and hundereds of users with the same issue (on multiple devices) proves that this is an inherant fault with the device and not related to my point of purchase. (check out the guy on this page up there /\ with the same issue) So blaming ebay or the fact that the device may have been used before is hardly any defence for the hardware.

I have tried the homebrew app, but after resetting the phone to speaker and making a call it goes straight back to headset mode, so if youre happy running that app and clicking the button before and after every call then thats ok, but its not a fix, and its the reason why the developer has stopped working on it because they cant solve the issue, thats why it never got 'officially' released, it says this in their thread. (ive tested this and get the same performance)

in the end its already winging its way to palm uk to get fixed, so fingers crossed.

Thanks for the tip anyway, but ive already tried every fix under the sun (that wont void the warranty), ill leave it to palm to sort since ,being new when i bought it, its still well within its warranty.
    Last edited by funkus; 09/09/2010 at 02:39 PM.
  6. dw
    Quote Originally Posted by funkus View Post
    cant make phonecalls ...[...] my headset, outgoing calls only though because plugging it in ends an incoming call ... this is due to a headset jack issue that many many users are experiencing [...] guess who's not happy with his pre
    using the original Palm Pre Headset left me with the same issue: Speaker and mic dead.... so I found later.
    O2Germany support was almost helpful, recommended softreset, hardreset, repair by O2DE (in this order).
    I was not amused. And tried something else prior to this.

Using the mailbox tab after tottering (do you say it this way??) the jack in all directions - Pre Telephone functionality worked again! Coincidence?

I'm so happy about the whiner & sissy corner here in the forum.... Let me reveal the truth:

Well.... using Pre as a phone is not the best experience ever.

D
    Last edited by dw; 09/10/2010 at 08:31 AM.
    Fellow Pre owners i need to vent.......

If you have not click back yet...... Thank You

I'm on my third Pre, and i'm getting frustrated and about to switch to the dark side...... either Android(first option) or iPhone(work with me here HP/PALM)
    Pre 1: It was stuck in headphone mode, I had no clue that it could happen so I have exchanged it.
    Pre 2: Power button stop working suddenly and my headphone jack losing contact.
    Now my current Pre giving me the same problem as my second Pre.

I love WebOS (i'm speaking the truth, i really do) and do not want to switch but in 7 days if HP/Palm DO NOT release any information of a new phone i will switch. WebOS 2.0 is wonderful news but it does not help me with a poorly constructed Pre that is constantly breaking. I will not deny that the Pre is one of the best design phone because it is and is the main reason why i purchase it when it first released in Canada.
    I will work with my busted Pre for the next week but my love for Palm is holding on by a thread.

Precentral members thank you for reading about my frustrations and letting me vent.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 09/11/2010 at 02:52 AM.
    you spelled it wrong. Its PAAALLLMMM! j/k
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I got sick and tired of having gps issues, double or nothing when typing and the general lack of sync/backup for my txt, memos and all of my contact being stored who knows where. So I just ordered the droid 2, good buy webos hopefully in 2 years you will be better.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebluv View Post
    I got sick and tired of having gps issues, double or nothing when typing and the general lack of sync/backup for my txt, memos and all of my contact being stored who knows where. So I just ordered the droid 2, good buy webos hopefully in 2 years you will be better.
    Uhmmm for your memos you could have used an app to EASILY sync them, and for FREE you could have synced your contacts to a few different places. Just saying, enjoy your sub-par os that will be obsolete in 6 months because VZW won't update it.
    ....samsung phones suck.....
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    My original thread can be seen by searching my name (it will not let me post a link) where I explained my disgust for the Pre. I seriously considered moving on at that time, but decided I would stick with it as I saw glimmers of hope.

I recently went the route of the Epic, and thought I would share some thoughts with regards to my experience thus far. I still have 3 Pre's on my account, though I have a feeling my wife will be leaving it too based on her like of the epic and the apps available.

What I miss:

1. I miss Gestures: Plain and simple the best method of navigating a touchscreen device. I am not sure how only Palm is using this style of maneuvering, but I miss it.

2. I miss the Notifications: Again Palm has a seamless, unobtrusive, method of telling you what you need to know without forcing an entire screen to stop what its doing to let you know.

3. Overall size and pocket friendly form factor: Enough said

4. Great Community of people that are seriously loyal and dedicated.

5. This could be my #1...TOUCHSTONE

What I am glad to be done with:

1. My phone powers on and I can make a call in less than 45 seconds. My Palm Pre took 3.5 to 5 mins to start up.

2. Screen is amazing

3. I actually have apps that interest me.

4. Swype (I hated touchscreen keyboards until this)

5. Knowing they are constantly working on updates and approval, and there is a development community that is aggressively working to advance the product.

In closing, I am not saying I will never be back to Palm. I look forward to the future devices that are released. For me it was time to move on. I will be watching and hoping for some great updates.

All in all nothing but love for the Palm Community and due tot he fact I have several on my account I will be staying around lurking.
    kind of funny, you had more likes for the pre... Enjoy that clunky os....
    Those are all legit points except for your "done with" #5.

That's exactly what Palm/Homebrew community are all about. What's the difference?
    <Merged with Complaint/Good-bye thread>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    touch screen is not sensitive / accurate enough
    I guess this is the closest...

Anyway, I'm sorry to report I've gone to the EVO and the transition from WebOS to Android has gone better than I thought. I guess this means good by to this site.
    My Summer Motto: "When Nature turns off the damn heat I'll turn off my A/C"
    Good luck on your new device.
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    The biggest problem with the Pre is the total lack of decent apps. With tens of thousands of apps available for the other platforms we have to suffer with a few thousand after a whole year.

Very disappointing.
    My Palm Pre Gets Its Wallpaper From SmartPhone Wallpaper
    :Please forward to HP and Dan Hesse:

After a year of frustration and absolutely horrid service, I did it. I finally switched from my beloved WebOS to Android. It sucks, in case you're wondering but I really had no choice. Sprint and Palm forced my hand here.

I have been a Palm user since 2006. Two treos and a Centro and I was really happy with my devices. Though they all left something to desired in the "fun" category, they did everything I needed very well. Based on previous experience I purchased a launch Pre with high hopes and expectations. My first two weeks were the honeymoon period with my Pre exceeding all needs. Since then though, the experience has gone downhill and fast.

Both my fiance and I have Pres and combined we have gone through nine phones. Common problems have been random restarts, the earpiece stops working, broken power button and the dreaded "TMC" error message. On my multiple visits to Sprint's repair center I was always in line with someone else either picking up or dropping off their Palm Pre. The tag line became, "What number Pre are you on?"

To make matters worse it appears Sprint has just thrown in the towel on customer service. Whenever I walk into the local Sprint store I must either have a "kick me" sign on my back or I'm invisible. I've been "disconnected" several time when trying to get help from Sprint Customer Service and once my fiance was berated by a rep who thought she was talking about a literal lemon when describing her phone.

I have a year left on my current contract and am seriously considering paying the termination fees and heading over to Big Red or the Evil Empire. So long as when I get there no one even mentions a product made by Palm. Congrats guys, you turned a way a lover of your awesome OS because of terrible build quality and saddling up with the worst carrier in the world.