View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 200 of 225 FirstFirst ... 100150190195196197198199200201202203204205210 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 4493
  1. #3981  
    I have to say that one of my biggest complaints about the palm pre is the amount of apps available. Although I know it's not palm's faultt hat people just don't want to develop for about 5 different systems using 5 different sdk's but still! I need me some apps!
  2. #3982  
    My new biggest complaint is the time delay in updates. I went with WebOS because of Android being fragmented but it feels the same since I've been waiting for 1.4.5 for almost 2 months. At least Droid users know it's coming they might not even update the Pre since they STILL "dont have any information about the 1.4.5 update for the Palm Pre Plus".

    I know it's Verizon but HP needs to give them some money so we can get our goly gee gosh darn skinking update.
  3. Kage's Avatar
    Posts
    3 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    #3983  
    I know I've never really contributed much to this forum, but I've certainly spent a lot of time here and learned a lot. I've had my pre since they first got released for Sprint and I've defended it since day one, but not much has changed. What originally drew me to the Pre was the keyboard. I was never impressed with touchscreens at that point and I wanted buttons, but lets face it.. the Pre's keyboard doesn't boost efficiency much and touchscreens have come a long way this year. I've got preware and I've been using the uberkernel so I'd like to think I've been using my pre to its full potential. Nevertheless, it is still disappointing. The phone dies even if I don't touch it all day and even though I've had it in a case since day one, the plastic is chipping. I like webos, but the updates are slow and we'll we've been lied to since day one. We were promised flash and a lot of other nice things and the date just keeps getting pushed back. Despite my general distaste for HP, I was excited about their entrance, but I've seen nothing that makes me want to wait longer. HP is known for creating affordable/decent stuff, but the quality is generally lacking so I don't expect anything that nice from them. So even though I could wait for something I may never be satisfied with.. I've pre-ordered a HTC Evo and it already has the majority of things I want from my phone and I'll be able to actually use it. Good Luck to the folks hanging in there and to those who aren't.. see you on the other side
  4. #3984  
    After Palm decided to get a life of it's own and leave us behind, I've made the decision. I've gotten the new Samsung Epic 4g. Wow, what a difference! Not only does the phone work everywhere (no drop outs) AND the GPS actually works (within 4 meters rather than 3,249...true numbers), there are actually APPS for this phone! No more "Patches" because Palm told us to go screw ourselves. There are actually APPS to do what you want. And there are actually Apps for Everything! Yes, and it actually has Flash support! No more "due out in October, December, January, March, June, sometime this year, maybe 2011".

    As much as I tried and tried to like my Palm Pre, it just didn't work out. The Epic just blows away every phone on the market. I realize I used the word "actually" a lot, but that's because this phone does what it said...for REAL. Not like the Pre, where the promises were never kept and we were all left fending for ourselves. Thank the maker we had folks like those here who tried to fill the gaps. I have never been so disappointed in a company as I have been with Palm.

    So, if you want a phone that actually does what it says it will do...NOW and not someday in the future, get the Epic. Stop wasting your time trying to get your Palm to do what it was supposed to do in the beginning by "patching" it. Just get a real phone and get over it.
  5. #3985  
    Cool
    I still don't get why people post goodbye threads. You made 55 posts over the course of 14 months. No one knows who you are.
  6. #3986  
    Good for you buddy!
    Glad you liked that phone.
    If you want to buy a Palm Pre is great condition. Here's your chance.

    http://forums.precentral.net/showthr...91#post2782191
  7. #3987  
    ouch good luck with your new toy hope to see you back when palm gets it rite...
  8. #3988  
    Congrats actually sounds like its working out great for you. I believe this should be in Post in the cross platform forum.
  9. #3989  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAlien View Post
    After Palm decided to get a life of it's own and leave us behind, I've made the decision. I've gotten the new Samsung Epic 4g. Wow, what a difference! Not only does the phone work everywhere (no drop outs) AND the GPS actually works (within 4 meters rather than 3,249...true numbers), there are actually APPS for this phone! No more "Patches" because Palm told us to go screw ourselves. There are actually APPS to do what you want. And there are actually Apps for Everything! Yes, and it actually has Flash support! No more "due out in October, December, January, March, June, sometime this year, maybe 2011".

    As much as I tried and tried to like my Palm Pre, it just didn't work out. The Epic just blows away every phone on the market. I realize I used the word "actually" a lot, but that's because this phone does what it said...for REAL. Not like the Pre, where the promises were never kept and we were all left fending for ourselves. Thank the maker we had folks like those here who tried to fill the gaps. I have never been so disappointed in a company as I have been with Palm.

    So, if you want a phone that actually does what it says it will do...NOW and not someday in the future, get the Epic. Stop wasting your time trying to get your Palm to do what it was supposed to do in the beginning by "patching" it. Just get a real phone and get over it.
    Congrats on your new phone. I'll actually stay with my Pre, it does what I need it to do w/o upgrading to disappointments.
  10. #3990  
    if you love it so much, why don't you marry it?

    my pre makes phone calls,so it does what I need it to do.
  11. MNotar91's Avatar
    Posts
    87 Posts
    Global Posts
    422 Global Posts
    #3991  
    That's cool that you like your new phone. Not everyone shares your feelings though. Every time someone posts that they went back to their Pre after trying the Evo is proof of that.
    - Verizon Palm Pre Plus UberKernel Screenstate 500/1000
    - Microsoft Zune HD 32gb
  12. #3992  
    I thought the battery life wasn't any better on the epic. Also, the stock music player skipped all the time. Multiple browser windows and app switching is clunky. There were only two screen orientations instead of 4 (couldn't hold it upside down). Touchwiz and other apps crashed on me frequently. I could not customize the toolbar apps on the touchwiz launcher, so I replaced it with ADW Launcher... I pretended for a minute it was a pre and swiped upward, accidentally dragging the whole toolbar into the trash giving me a blank region. I did like being able to respond to an IM without leaving the current screen, though... that seemed like a plus... but then the IM wasn't marked as read... and I had to clear all the notifications in order to just clear the one. Wireless certificates for my enterprise network were not supported by the android UI. I realized I wasn't ready to let go of my pre and returned the epic to Sprint.
    .,;-#$^***^$#-;,.

  13. #3993  
    Quote Originally Posted by konsole View Post
    I thought the battery life wasn't any better on the epic. Also, the stock music player skipped all the time. Multiple browser windows and app switching is clunky. There were only two screen orientations instead of 4 (couldn't hold it upside down). Touchwiz and other apps crashed on me frequently. I could not customize the toolbar apps on the touchwiz launcher, so I replaced it with ADW Launcher... I pretended for a minute it was a pre and swiped upward, accidentally dragging the whole toolbar into the trash giving me a blank region. I did like being able to respond to an IM without leaving the current screen, though... that seemed like a plus... but then the IM wasn't marked as read... and I had to clear all the notifications in order to just clear the one. Wireless certificates for my enterprise network were not supported by the android UI. I realized I wasn't ready to let go of my pre and returned the epic to Sprint.
    yay
  14. #3994  
    True, I do miss the multiple app feature of the Pre. And, believe it or not, the little button at the bottom of the screen. Switching apps is very cumbersome at first on my Epic, but once I figured it out it was quite easy. And the battery life is comparable, though I need an extended life one just as I did with the Pre.

    Texting is different, not better or worse, just different. Swype, if ya don't know how to use it, it don't work. Complaining that it sucks just proves you can't figure it out. Once ya get the hang of it though, there ya go. And you can use voice recognition instead if you're really lazy, though it's not perfect yet. It'll read your txt messages out to ya if you really want, so that's pretty cool.

    Please don't get me wrong. I liked my little Pre, and it took quite some time for me to finally make the switch. But I just got tired of waiting for Palm to actually do something...which they've decided not to do. And I really needed my phone to work. The service just wasn't there and the GPS, as I said, never worked. Honestly, it was just pitiful. I wasn't inventing those numbers. (I actually need that and had to get a Tom Tom)

    As I said earlier, the folks here are great. And the folks who made all the apps we did have are fantastic. It's just that the Palm seriously failed as a phone, and "Palm" failed as a comnpany. If I just wanted a "phone that makes calls" I could have gone with Cricket and got a free one that can actually make calls.

    I know this is a new phone and nobody really knows how well it will work out, but that's how the Pre was when I bought IT. I hope I have better luck with this than I did with the Pre. So far, I think I will.
  15. #3995  
    Quote Originally Posted by iTz Nicholas72 View Post
    My new biggest complaint....
    OK, this is funny. It's good to see you're regularly updating what you wish to complain about the most. I have to admit, it's hard to keep track of sometimes, you have so many, and they change so regularly (the made up complaints are usually the best though). Keep us all informed, at least until you finally move on.
  16. #3996  
    cant make phonecalls ... nuff said

    ...ok so ill embellish, i can use speakerphone but that gets embarasing fast in public and this is a MOBILEphone, or i can find and untangle my headset, outgoing calls only though because plugging it in ends an incoming call ... this is due to a headset jack issue that many many users are experiencing and i cant seem to get it back. Bought it on ebay (edit: 8 months before this started happening) too so i doubt palm will replace it for me either. guess who's not happy with his pre
    Last edited by funkus; 09/07/2010 at 05:43 PM.
  17. #3997  
    Quote Originally Posted by funkus View Post
    cant make phonecalls ... nuff said

    ...ok so ill embellish, i can use speakerphone but that gets embarasing fast in public and this is a MOBILEphone, or i can find and untangle my headset, outgoing calls only though because plugging it in ends an incoming call ... this is due to a headset jack issue that many many users are experiencing and i cant seem to get it back. Bought it on ebay too so i doubt palm will replace it for me either. guess who's not happy with his pre
    Wait buy used electronic device on ebay and then surprised when it doesn't work right???
  18. mulcher's Avatar
    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    #3998  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAlien View Post
    After Palm decided to get a life of it's own and leave us behind, I've made the decision. I've gotten the new Samsung Epic 4g. Wow, what a difference! Not only does the phone work everywhere (no drop outs) AND the GPS actually works (within 4 meters rather than 3,249...true numbers), there are actually APPS for this phone! No more "Patches" because Palm told us to go screw ourselves. There are actually APPS to do what you want. And there are actually Apps for Everything! Yes, and it actually has Flash support! No more "due out in October, December, January, March, June, sometime this year, maybe 2011".

    As much as I tried and tried to like my Palm Pre, it just didn't work out. The Epic just blows away every phone on the market. I realize I used the word "actually" a lot, but that's because this phone does what it said...for REAL. Not like the Pre, where the promises were never kept and we were all left fending for ourselves. Thank the maker we had folks like those here who tried to fill the gaps. I have never been so disappointed in a company as I have been with Palm.

    So, if you want a phone that actually does what it says it will do...NOW and not someday in the future, get the Epic. Stop wasting your time trying to get your Palm to do what it was supposed to do in the beginning by "patching" it. Just get a real phone and get over it.
    You'll see I have my fair share of complaints about the Pre and just got my Epic, but the GPS was never one of them. The epic takes quite a while to get a lock when the GPS hasn't been in use for awhile. Once it does, its fine.

    The pre seemed to get a lock much faster. Almost no delay at all and I saw no accuracy problems.

    If I could press a button and have webos 2.0 on my epic tomorrow, I'd probably go with it. If next september when my contract is up, there is some uber dual core HP with 4+" Super Amoled screen running WebOS 2.5, I would seriously consider it.

    But my cracking, headset jack screwed pre has seen better days and I'm not waiting around 2 to 6 months for Sprint to get some new hardware...
    Mark F Chinsky
  19. #3999  
    Quote Originally Posted by OldSkoolVWLover View Post
    Wait buy used electronic device on ebay and then surprised when it doesn't work right???
    sorry i should have clarified that but im not an *****...i bought it it new condition, its worked fine for 8 months, and its a common known fault that people have experienced. Some people have had this issue with both their origional and their replacement devices. Some fix it and find it comes back repeatedly.

    its also disussed in this webOSroundup post '9 Simple Fixes for the Palm Pre' (they dont always work)
    EDIT: google the above phrase, cant post links yet

    and theres a tonne of threads on this verry forum about this issue, and while i really appreciate the time and effort that people to go through with these hints and tips, they havent worked for me

    PS: dont get me wrong i love this phone but if i cant make calls on it then game over
    Last edited by funkus; 09/07/2010 at 06:30 PM. Reason: was a little inflamatory
  20. #4000  
    Had the same problem, no way to use the earpiece for phone calls even though I COULD hear it when running diagnostic tests. 90 minute wait to tell someone at the Verizon store about it and 2 day wait for the replacement to show up, I hope the new one lasts until my contract is up!

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions