View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

197 70.36%
  • No

40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 199 of 225 FirstFirst ... 99149189194195196197198199200201202203204209 ... LastLast
Results 3,961 to 3,980 of 4493
    honestly if verizon doesn't get it's act together I'm may have no choice but to switch to the dark side...
    That's a great idea ... and most likely I'd be choosing choice (b) everytime
    Quote Originally Posted by aznxcp4lyfez View Post
    After a year of going through 3 pres i think it's time i give up. Maybe i've been unlucky but either way it was a great trip. I love the software but the hardware has been a nonstop hell ride. My first 2 pre's had unresponsive touchscreens (yes i've done battery pull and doctors). The pre in my hand the switch on top doesn't work properly and it has a huge crack on top (thanks sprint). I would love to stay but i need more apps and a more reliable hardware. The community driving the webos is amazing and i wish all of you guys would come with me to the android. Maybe i'll come back in the future when the hardware and software matures more. I just wanted to say thank you everyone for the support. This is not a troll this is more of a thanks for everything and it's time for me to move on.
    Another recruit for the Android army!
    <<Thread Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by bullonparade85 View Post
    honestly if verizon doesn't get it's act together I'm may have no choice but to switch to the dark side...
    At the rate Verizon is going with WebOS we will be fragmented because we are never going to get above 1.4.1.1.

I wish I would have started in the dark side but I didn't so I'm trying to make the best out of my excuse for a smartphone.

Hopefully Verizon will have to offer Pre+ users the option to upgrade since the GPS is crippled.
    IM SO GLAD IM LEAVING THIS PHONE NEXT YEAR...what's sad about this thing is that Pre doesn't support things like OLD phones do, like old blackberrys and palm treo or whatever
    YOU'RE UGLY.!
    Quote Originally Posted by iMa.Pr0bL3m View Post
    IM SO GLAD IM LEAVING THIS PHONE NEXT YEAR...what's sad about this thing is that Pre doesn't support things like OLD phones do, like old blackberrys and palm treo or whatever
    like what for instance (just curious)
    Quote Originally Posted by iMa.Pr0bL3m View Post
    Have no clue what that means...
    Quote Originally Posted by jonepner View Post
    1)
    *** 8/26/10 Update on my Phone: I spent 90 minutes in the Verizon Store today waiting for them to tell me that they needed to replace my phone but that they didn't have any Pre's in the store. I asked them to check the rest of New York City and the computer told them that there were NONE in any Verizon Store in New York!!! Pretty good sign that the Pre Plus is EOL at Verizon. Another good sign? The fancy kiosks with stools that let me preview all of the wonders of the Droid X as I waited for them to tell me they couldn't help me!

Also at Verizon: no accessories of any sort ondisplay for Pre Plus. I did see one hot pink cover for a Pixi in the clearance rack, but no chargers, cases, nothing!

We'll see if my experience gets any better on Tuesday when the new (or refurb) unit comes in.[/B]

Got the new phone today. Very easy swap of data, which is a big plus for the Pre Plus. My new phone sounds much better even with the Seidio 2600 battery on it. A completely different sound! I should have gone and swapped it months ago but I have a feeling Verizon would have blamed the battery and not swapped the phone.

Off to a good start. Too bad I seem to have lousy timing, buying the Pre Plus just as Verizon was starting it's android love fest and now hoping my phone can still be a phone as we wait for an OS update that other users already have!
    Global Posts
    614 Global Posts
    My only complaint is getting stuck in headset mode on a regular basis. I'm afraid to plug anything into the headset jack anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkeitz View Post
    My only complaint is getting stuck in headset mode on a regular basis. I'm afraid to plug anything into the headset jack anymore.
    ....known issue with fixes... Ghastly headset on the software side, wd40 on a qtip end or a headset jack, on the hardware side. I've found that it happens alot less often now...i'm in and out of the headset jack many times every day...IOW...the little switch inside there gets worn in...if it does get stuck I give my pre+ a couple strong flicks on the battery cover right under the jack...that'll usually get it unstuck...
    It just went from a pre to the Samsung epic. This phone is amazing. Android and all its apparently are incredible. I was such a loyal palm user and the epic is the only phone to catch my attention. I just couldn't wait anymore.

There is and androd app that allows you to download videos striaght from YouTube. And it will show up in your video archives. I feel so guilty leaving and I keep telling myself I'm coming back as soon as hpalm releases a new device. .. at the moment I don't know how true that really is.
    Wrong forum, but agreed
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    good story..

how is the 4g?
    there is a patch on webos to do that, been around for a long time. I personally found android (evo) "clunky". I rooted it and tried out several rom's. It went back after 3 weeks... Awesome camera though!
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Yeah I noticed last minute sorry. I live in Jersey so there isn't 4G yet. But on 3 G its way fast. If you download opera mini 5 and web browse its 3x's faster. Than that. Its ridiculous I feel like a kid with a boat loaf of presents in one box
    <<An I'm out of here has been Merged>>
    Last edited by ryleyinstl; 09/02/2010 at 05:40 PM.
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmwillz View Post
    It just went from a pre to the Samsung epic. This phone is amazing. Android and all its apparently are incredible. I was such a loyal palm user and the epic is the only phone to catch my attention. I just couldn't wait anymore.

There is and androd app that allows you to download videos striaght from YouTube. And it will show up in your video archives. I feel so guilty leaving and I keep telling myself I'm coming back as soon as hpalm releases a new device. .. at the moment I don't know how true that really is.
    there is a patch that lets me download utube vids to my video roll... on my sprint pre no less
    Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    there is a patch that lets me download utube vids to my video roll... on my sprint pre no less
    ...my pre can beat up your epic...
    -- VZW Pre+ -- Uberk/Gov fixed @ 1ghz -- QPST gps mod -- stock battery (?mugen 3800?) --
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    ...my pre can beat up your epic...
    classic