View Poll Results: Are you happy with your Pre'?

Voters
280. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    197 70.36%
  • No

    40 14.29%
  • I believe that Palm will fix the issues in the next year

    37 13.21%
  • I am moving on

    28 10.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 198 of 225 FirstFirst ... 98148188193194195196197198199200201202203208 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 4493
  1. #3941  
    I guess it it time for you to move on. Have a good life!
    Palm m130 > Verizon Trēo 650 > Verizon Trēo 755p > Verizon Palm Prē Plus > TouchPad > Verizon Palm Prē 2
    ~ The Future's Just Not What it Used To Be ~
  2. aapold's Avatar
    Posts
    292 Posts
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    #3942  
    I guess I should ask.... did you sign another contract?
  3. #3943  
    hmmm, creating an account just to make a "goodbye" thread. See ya troll!
  4. #3944  
    <<<Complaint Merged>>
    Sprint|Samsung Epic
  5. #3945  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhodnettejr View Post
    I think you've not given your pre+ a chance, haven't asked enough qestions and haven't dealt with sedio about the aftermarket batery you bought...just my .02....
    1) *no smartphone will last 24h on a stock battery. Sounds like your gripe maybe with sedio.
    Maybe True, but from what I read on the forum, there are no solutions for this from Seido so I choose to blame Palm fro not making their own Large battery. All motorola phones I've used had Motorola large batteries. I sell professional video cameras for a living and I would never sell an off brand battery to a customer unless there were a nationwide backorder on the brand name (sony, panasonic, etc.) there is a huge difference in quality control with battery production.

    2) *i've had VZW for about 10 years, call quality is as good or better on my pre+, perhaps the battery mods you did damaged the phone or perhaps thats causing your interference. The phone interface is bit quirky , but I'm used to it now...
    I didn't make any battery mods, just poked holes through the battery cover when it wasn't on the phone.

    ** now I have a new problem, I can't use the phone unless I'm on speaker phone or headset, no way to get back to regular earpiece use. Gone through all trouble shooting recommended on this site and no luck, even tested with phone's diagnostics and CAN hear through the earpiece that way but not with making calls!

    I'm taking it back to the store today to trade in for replacement pre and maybe that will improve the call quality with the stock battery, then I'll attack Seido in my "spare" time.


    4) *not with your pre overclocked...@ 1g, nothing lags, not even with multiple web pages, pdf viewer, gps, radio hibiki all running. The phone app is better when you patch it to not auto-dial...
    - no way to search the store properly?? Preware??
    - Basic functions?? You mean patches to customize your phone??
    I have a fundamental problem with having to treat my phone like a hobby, constantly reading forums and blogs to keep abreast of what will make my phone work as promised. I'm really glad for all of you who have the time to be Pre enthusiasts and to spend so much time reading and helping others with their questions, problems and frustrations, but I simply don't have the time or the interest in doing that and didn't expect that I'd need to when I bought the phone. It's one of the reasons I chose Pre over Droid in fact.

    I'm not being sarcastic or snarky, I think this is a great community but just not what I want to spend my time on. I shouldn't have to download patches to: overclock, stop the phone from blinking, not autodial, etc etc,. I'm glad there are so many answers and solutions, but compared to other devices that work straight out of the box, the Pre seems to require lots of TLC and homework to keep it running smoothly.


    I'll post an update when I get my replacement phone and maybe after we get the OS update.

    *** 8/26/10 Update on my Phone: I spent 90 minutes in the Verizon Store today waiting for them to tell me that they needed to replace my phone but that they didn't have any Pre's in the store. I asked them to check the rest of New York City and the computer told them that there were NONE in any Verizon Store in New York!!! Pretty good sign that the Pre Plus is EOL at Verizon. Another good sign? The fancy kiosks with stools that let me preview all of the wonders of the Droid X as I waited for them to tell me they couldn't help me!

    Also at Verizon: no accessories of any sort ondisplay for Pre Plus. I did see one hot pink cover for a Pixi in the clearance rack, but no chargers, cases, nothing!

    We'll see if my experience gets any better on Tuesday when the new (or refurb) unit comes in.
    Last edited by jonepner; 08/26/2010 at 08:39 PM.
  6. #3946  
    I almost feel like taking a video of my now 1ghz Palm Pre because people chirping on "nothing lags" (even those saying it at 800mhz) are just lying to themselves.
  7. #3947  
    ...of course "nothing lags" is a relative term here... but generally pegged at 720+ gives webOS on a pre+ enough juice to perform much more smoothly...i found the best performance, battery, responsiveness etc with any performance setting over 720...scaling seems to hurt performance on my pre+ as related to "race to idle" IMHO....
  8. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #3948  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonepner View Post
    1)
    I have a fundamental problem with having to treat my phone like a hobby,

    I'm glad there are so many answers and solutions, but compared to other devices that work straight out of the box, the Pre seems to require lots of TLC and homework to keep it running smoothly.
    I dont know of ANY smartphones that will work indefinitely EXACTLY the way you "think" they should out of the box. Almost everything you have listed could be said about any smartphone out there. Maybe smartphones are not for you. Can I have your Pre?
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  9. #3949  
    just found the forums here and a lot of my frustration disappeared reading up on all the possibilities out there -- thanks everyone, keeping my pre indefinintely and looking forward to the impending upgrades
  10. #3950  
    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    I dont know of ANY smartphones that will work indefinitely EXACTLY the way you "think" they should out of the box. Almost everything you have listed could be said about any smartphone out there. Maybe smartphones are not for you. Can I have your Pre?
    I kind of resent this type of comment. It's as if you have to have the "religion" of the phone in order to really appreciate and use the phone properly. Nonsense. I didn't say that the Pre was supposed to work exactly as I think it should out of the box. The point of the comment is that I shouldn't have to Mod and Patch my phone to get it to function. That's all.

    My main comments were about the fact that the phone isn't working as a phone, so the "Smart" aspect isn't so important.
  11. ehehat's Avatar
    Posts
    343 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #3951  
    Quote Originally Posted by jonepner View Post
    I kind of resent this type of comment. It's as if you have to have the "religion" of the phone in order to really appreciate and use the phone properly. Nonsense. I didn't say that the Pre was supposed to work exactly as I think it should out of the box. The point of the comment is that I shouldn't have to Mod and Patch my phone to get it to function. That's all.

    My main comments were about the fact that the phone isn't working as a phone, so the "Smart" aspect isn't so important.
    Just holding to a couple of your comments: You blame Palm for not providing a battery that lastes 24 hours. Iphone doesnt, HTC Doesnt, HP doesnt, BB probably does but it doesnt do half of what these other phones do. The above mentioned also almost require you to add apps, patches things, change things to experience full functionality. You dont need a "religion" of smartphone. I'm just saying that all smartphones will experience what you are talking about and maybe that type of phone isnt for you. sorry if you resent the comment. not insulting in any way. for every one that says they suck there seem to be several that say theyre great. maybe this phone isnt for you, that doesnt make it (and the company) pieces of garbage.
    Devices used: Palm VIIx - Tungsten T - Tungsten T3 - HP ipaq 4155 - Tungsten T5 - BB 7520 - Treo 650 - Treo 700wx - Treo 755p - Q9c - BB 8130 - Treo 800w - HTC Touch Pro - BB 8330 - BB 8520 - HTC HD2 - Palm Pre
  12. #3952  
    Please don't put words in my mouth ehehat. I didn't call the Pre or Palm garbage, I didn't say it sucked.

    I went out of my way to write a considerate review of why it was frustrating to use as a phone. I also wrote about the aspects that I liked such as the cards, gesturing, design, etc. I still like those things.

    I knew I would have to buy a bigger battery when before I got the Pre. What I blame Palm for is not providing their own brand of big battery and taking responsibility for it so we don't have to play he said/ she said games with the manufacturers. I could say the same for Apple if I had an iphone.

    I don't consider patches to be the same as installing apps. I haven't owned half the number of phones that you have, you are obviously more dedicated to the use of these devices. Other than my 4 day disappointment with the BB 9360, my point of reference is the iPod touch. In comparison to the Pre it offers a mostly smooth working experience with no surprises and no need to "jailbreak" to use it. When OS upgrades come in, I don't lose all of my Apps.

    I was happy to let the Ipod touch do its thing and let the Pre be the phone, which is why I took the time to speak out here. It's not doing it's job as a phone!

    I will say that the Pre easily beats the ipod for multitasking, I've not yet figured out how the ipod can do this.

    Another thing I love about my Pre is that it allows me to tether to the ipod for websurfing, apps, podcasts, skype, etc. They work well together, except I'm still having problems with call quality. We'll see what happens when I get my refurb on Tuesday. Hopefully it will be the start of a new appreciation of the phone I cant afford to replace!

    Quote Originally Posted by ehehat View Post
    Just holding to a couple of your comments: You blame Palm for not providing a battery that lastes 24 hours. Iphone doesnt, HTC Doesnt, HP doesnt, BB probably does but it doesnt do half of what these other phones do. The above mentioned also almost require you to add apps, patches things, change things to experience full functionality. You dont need a "religion" of smartphone. I'm just saying that all smartphones will experience what you are talking about and maybe that type of phone isnt for you. sorry if you resent the comment. not insulting in any way. for every one that says they suck there seem to be several that say theyre great. maybe this phone isnt for you, that doesnt make it (and the company) pieces of garbage.
  13. #3953  
    After a year of going through 3 pres i think it's time i give up. Maybe i've been unlucky but either way it was a great trip. I love the software but the hardware has been a nonstop hell ride. My first 2 pre's had unresponsive touchscreens (yes i've done battery pull and doctors). The pre in my hand the switch on top doesn't work properly and it has a huge crack on top (thanks sprint). I would love to stay but i need more apps and a more reliable hardware. The community driving the webos is amazing and i wish all of you guys would come with me to the android. Maybe i'll come back in the future when the hardware and software matures more. I just wanted to say thank you everyone for the support. This is not a troll this is more of a thanks for everything and it's time for me to move on.
  14. #3954  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznxcp4lyfez View Post
    After a year of going through 3 pres i think it's time i give up. Maybe i've been unlucky but either way it was a great trip. I love the software but the hardware has been a nonstop hell ride. My first 2 pre's had unresponsive touchscreens (yes i've done battery pull and doctors). The pre in my hand the switch on top doesn't work properly and it has a huge crack on top (thanks sprint). I would love to stay but i need more apps and a more reliable hardware. The community driving the webos is amazing and i wish all of you guys would come with me to the android. Maybe i'll come back in the future when the hardware and software matures more. I just wanted to say thank you everyone for the support. This is not a troll this is more of a thanks for everything and it's time for me to move on.
    Just don't let that big glass screen android phone land on a hard surface... you think you have a crack now...
    Clicking the Thanks button is a great way to say... well THANKS
    Phone Apps: Church Search, Tap for HELP
    TouchPad Apps: Tap for HELP! HD, webOS Meetups
  15. #3955  
    One of the mods should really make a "Bye, Palm" compilation thread. It's entertaining to see people's responses to these things.
  16. #3956  
    I hope you find what your looking for. I know going through 3 Pres suck, but I went through 6 Tours before I finally said goodbye, though I left because of the OS and not the hardware, but the hardware did **** me off too...
  17. #3957  
    Quote Originally Posted by stung View Post
    One of the mods should really make a "Bye, Palm" compilation thread. It's entertaining to see people's responses to these things.
    There actually is one already
    Run your ad here... reach thousands daily...



    ...Now accepting orders for my upcoming iHandle™.
    Reserve yours today!
  18. #3958  
    Quote Originally Posted by aznxcp4lyfez View Post
    After a year of going through 3 pres i think it's time i give up. Maybe i've been unlucky but either way it was a great trip. I love the software but the hardware has been a nonstop hell ride. My first 2 pre's had unresponsive touchscreens (yes i've done battery pull and doctors). The pre in my hand the switch on top doesn't work properly and it has a huge crack on top (thanks sprint). I would love to stay but i need more apps and a more reliable hardware. The community driving the webos is amazing and i wish all of you guys would come with me to the android. Maybe i'll come back in the future when the hardware and software matures more. I just wanted to say thank you everyone for the support. This is not a troll this is more of a thanks for everything and it's time for me to move on.
    have fun, we'll miss you , and we'll be here when you come back ... and you WILL be back...

    Trust me... I've played with all the diff android devices , iPhone and Blackberry phones.... You WILL be back..

  19. #3959  
    Quote Originally Posted by Workerb33 View Post
    There actually is one already
    You're right. I stopped checking that after some mod started telling people not to post "goodbye" threads.

    What other ways can people innovate?

    How about good bye threads with a poll in them? People can choose multiple choice responses.

    Ex:
    A. Good riddance!
    B. You will be back
    C. blah blah iPhone/Android sucks... sheep.. blah blah... bad decision
    D. HP... a million engineers... scale... new hardware... wait and see
    E. If you patch and hack your Pre, it will be even better
    F. Hope you enjoy your new phone and it serves you well

    I'm guessing F wouldn't get that many votes.
  20. #3960  
    Bye aznxcp4lyfez! I have a feeling you'll be sorry a couple months from now....

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions